What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

lingard

Coach
Is Ciraldo another possible Stephen Kearney move? Yeah, he's assistant to the best team in the comp like Kearney was, didn't end too well. I can't quite remember what this place was saying about Kearney when he first came here, is it similar to Ciraldo?

The thing that people forget is that EVERY new signing is a gamble. Does that mean you never make changes?

84 Baby

Referee
I have it on good authority from a random Eels fan at Leichhardt (who supposedly knows all the board members), that this is BA's last year, even if we win the GF.
Apparently Brett Kenny has applied for the Head Coaching role and will be our coach in 2023.

*before you flame me, I am serious - this is what some random dude told me at the ground.
I told you that in CONFIDENCE FFS!

Gronk

Staff member
I have it on good authority from a random Eels fan at Leichhardt (who supposedly knows all the board members), that this is BA's last year, even if we win the GF.
Apparently Brett Kenny has applied for the Head Coaching role and will be our coach in 2023.

*before you flame me, I am serious - this is what some random dude told me at the ground.
I bet he posts at filthy_spammers.

Noise

Coach
I definitely can say that there are some on the board that have a dislike for a certain former premiership winning coach that cannot seem to get a gig anywhere.

However there are some at the club that rate him highly and want him to be BA’s successor.
If I were to guess it would be the ones with the most footy knowledge that are keen on him and those with f**k all footy knowledge not wanting him.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If I were to guess it would be the ones with the most footy knowledge that are keen on him and those with f**k all footy knowledge not wanting him.
I’m pretty sure that @Avenger previously mentioned that those that are not keen on him are concerned about his man management skills and impact on culture.

Maybe some time away from the game and some self-reflection means that’s less of an issue now.

Avenger

Immortal
I’m pretty sure that @Avenger previously mentioned that those that are not keen on him are concerned about his man management skills and impact on culture.

Maybe some time away from the game and some self-reflection means that’s less of an issue now.
He'd still be my first choice, Gaz and we could get him for a 2 year deal with an option in our favour. Ciraldo would be a much greater risk and he'd want more security and at least 3 years.

Avenger

Immortal
There is one particular guy that I know that can't stand him. He told me directly but I don't care much about his opinion because I wasn't impressed with him as he came across as a bit of a nob.

There is however one person on the board who I rate highly as he is a realist, has the runs on the board (pardon the pun) in getting shit done and is a proper Parramatta man. He is however Switzerland in these matters and lets nothing out. He is too professional.

Last edited:

Happy MEel

First Grade

This is pure speculation but I reckon it’s the “thought leader” on the board that is against Flanno.

Would any of these merkins really know what Flanno is like as a man manager and his impact on culture?

BA52CD39-754C-40DA-84F3-3FEBEAA57211.jpeg