What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Ryles

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Morris

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 23.7%

• Total voters

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I will happily admit that I was happy with how BA got the team up for tonight's game.

Well done, BA.
How do you know the coach got them up for the game? It could have been the senior players. I mean, what’s the point of the team leaders if not to motivate the team?

Eelementary

Post Whore
How do you know the coach got them up for the game? It could have been the senior players. I mean, what’s the point of the team leaders if not to motivate the team?

As the senior leader of the team, it would fall on BA's shoulders to ensure the team is prepared.

Just as how if the club fails to perform, it falls on BA, as the senior leader.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
As the senior leader of the team, it would fall on BA's shoulders to ensure the team is prepared.

What are the players and senior leaders of our team accountable for?

Eelementary

Post Whore
What are the players and senior leaders of our team accountable for?

I don't know - I'm not part of the inner sanctum.

But ensuring they adhere to what the culture is would probably be one thing they aim to do.

If a Head Of State declares war, and the war effort fails, they bear the brunt of the decision as the senior leader.

I expect nothing less from a Head Coach of the NRL.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

If a Head Of State declares war, and the war effort fails, they bear the brunt of the decision as the senior leader.

If key members of the war effort didn’t fulfil their expected duties they’d be disciplined accordingly. It would just happen behind the scenes and you wouldn’t see it.

Not trying to be difficult and agree that we should replace BA, I just think that players are often given a very easy ride and it seems that it’s easier for everyone to blame the coach of a football club for everything.

Unfortunately now that I’ve made that point, people will twist it and suggest I’m saying that BA isn’t accountable for anything. Not what I’m suggesting at all.

Eelementary

Post Whore
If key members of the war effort didn’t fulfil their expected duties they’d be disciplined accordingly. It would just happen behind the scenes and you wouldn’t see it.

Not trying to be difficult and agree that we should replace BA, I just think that players are often given a very easy ride and it seems that it’s easier for everyone to blame the coach of a football club for everything.

Unfortunately now that I’ve made that point, people will twist it and suggest that BA isn’t accountable for anything. Not what I’m suggesting at all.

I agree that the players should be disciplined for their poor efforts, as well - but the problem is, you can't replace 20 players from a 30-player squad, as easily as you can replace one Head Coach.

Arthur is the Head Coach, which means he's the boss, and the buck stops with him.

But the club has issues from top, to bottom.

Last night did show that he probably has some love left in him, but I doubt Arthur will ever take us to another Grand Final, let alone win one.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I agree that the players should be disciplined for their poor efforts, as well - but the problem is, you can't replace 20 players from a 30-player squad, as easily as you can replace one Head Coach.

Arthur is the Head Coach, which means he's the boss, and the buck stops with him.

But the club has issues from top, to bottom.

Last night did show that he probably has some love left in him, but I doubt Arthur will ever take us to another Grand Final, let alone win one.
Which is why I want Bennett. He will come in a sweep out all of the pissants - the deadshits in management positions and underperforming players.

The only thing stopping it is self preservation.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Sure but week to week motivation or performance is out of his hands. His impact is felt across seasons rather than individual games.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

But ensuring they adhere to what the culture is would probably be one thing they aim to do.

Agreed, but a single game isn’t analogous to a war, it is more like a battle. A war is more like an entire season, or even the ongoing ‘conflict’ between the team and the rest of the competition, over multiple seasons.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Unfortunately now that I’ve made that point, people will twist it and suggest I’m saying that BA isn’t accountable for anything. Not what I’m suggesting at all.
BA is either responsible for everything, every minute of the game, or NoThInG iS tHe CoAcH’s FaUlT!!!! There is no in between for these nitwits.