What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 30 29.4%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Ryles

Votes: 33 32.4%
  • Morris

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JokerEel

Coach
Oh, you mean we will act professionally in our process and choice of a new Head Coach?

I thought from all the comments on here that they must have announced who they were chasing and included Cheika in that list

Honestly looking back the club did the right thing keeping it in house sacking BA and enquiring about Benny. It's like they are professionals!

lingard

Coach
We needed Madge in mid 2018, that ship has well and truly sailed. Hannay and Cheika I would be happy with. Not sure what Ryles has done to be so highly rated besides getting spat on by Martina in the coaches box.
He may still have traces of Bellamy's saliva on his clothing. In his hair. Could rub off on the players.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Reckon Ryles is the favourite, Bellamy randomly said;

"We don’t want him to go but it’s not very often that you get those sort of opportunities so if he wanted to go I wouldn’t imagine we would stand in his way"

Like discussions are taking place. While Hannay recent article seemed like he was trying to sell his interest/ability ....

Noise

Coach
Reckon Ryles is the favourite, Bellamy randomly said;

"We don’t want him to go but it’s not very often that you get those sort of opportunities so if he wanted to go I wouldn’t imagine we would stand in his way"

Like discussions are taking place. While Hannay recent article seemed like he was trying to sell his interest/ability ....

Bellamy didn’t ’randomly’ say that. He was asked the question about Ryles and if Melbourne would let him go, to which he answered.

Same as Hannay was asked directly if he was ready to be a head coach.

What did you expect them both to say?

Delboy

First Grade
The same 3 Amigos responsible for the final decision on players, contracts ,options , recruitment and extensions are now in charge of finding the right coach for the club, to develop and take it forward for hopefully the next 5 years. Interesting times.

Noise

Coach
The same 3 Amigos responsible for the final decision on players, contracts ,options , recruitment and extensions are now in charge of finding the right coach for the club, to develop and take it forward for hopefully the next 5 years. Interesting times.
Who is your preference to be our next coach?

Delboy

First Grade
Who is your preference to be our next coach?
Difficulty is not knowing what they are laying out as their method to improve the club, roster, tactics etc.

Josh Hannay is young and been in the position of interim NRL coach and seems confident. Think we need fresh ideas, so perhaps not a retread but someone who,will move with change in th game , recruit accordingly and to an extent promote the good juniors. We lose too many under the current regime and seem to move slowly, so the hierarchy will need to provide them with some autonomy. Ryles is getting his tyres pumped, but we have been though the Storm assistant before.

Wally21

Bench
Ok so we're talking about one match against Au that makes or breaks Chieka's job prospects at Parramatta. Another 10 points, and you're then saying he may not be worthy.

We're basically deciding the future of the Parramatta Eels club’s on two converted tries.
That's comforting to know.
Considering it’s a head coaches job and arguably his main task is to instill a winning culture, the fact that Cheika got the perennial underachievers in the Waratahs to a title should be part of the consideration. That and the fact he has taken Argentina for a rugby also ran to a team that is a threat to all teams

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I'm not having a go here, but I assume you mean MON is one of the 3 amigos. @emjaycee told us a couple of days ago that BA and MON where on the same line as each other in the organisational structure - why would MON have a say in the new coach?

emjaycee

Coach
I'm not having a go here, but I assume you mean MON is one of the 3 amigos. @emjaycee told us a couple of days ago that BA and MON where on the same line as each other in the organisational structure - why would MON have a say in the new coach?
I am sure MoN would have "some" input, given his role and experience but there is no way he has the final say.

Extending my analogy from the other day, the Head of Marketing in a corporate setting would have input into the type of person for Head of Sales, but not the final say

Delboy

First Grade
I am sure MoN would have "some" input, given his role and experience but there is no way he has the final say.

Extending my analogy from the other day, the Head of Marketing in a corporate setting would have input into the type of person for Head of Sales, but not the final say
Your connection may well be closer than what I know, but am aware that MON is part of the process and will often participate in the interview process. Anyway, the most important part if getting the selection correct, the next 5 years depend on not stuffing it up .

emjaycee

Coach
Your connection may well be closer than what I know, but am aware that MON is part of the process and will often participate in the interview process. Anyway, the most important part if getting the selection correct, the next 5 years depend on not stuffing it up .
Agree @Delboy, it is an important and critical hire and yes, MON is one part of the process as I said, but I reckon there will be a few others in the process as well.

Soto

Bench
Didn't Jim and Sean clearly state in their address last week that BA was part of the R&R committee? It seemed to be at odds with what the perception was about him not being involved in R&R which i would find extremely farcical if that was the case.
Maybe he wanted full autonomy which the board and CEO said no but wanted a committee as such to discuss, review and approve hirings and firings so to speak