What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Avenger

Immortal
Unless we can jag Trent Robinson or Craig Bellamy* I wouldn’t be cutting BA’s contract short. Ciraldo is as much a gamble as BA was 9 years ago.

* I still think he’s a grub with questionable tactics that have destroyed the game but it’s obvious that the man is a winner.

lingard

Coach
Actually I think he said don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

No coach will be at a club forever, however name a coach transition in NRL history that has had instant success ? I bet they are rare. Hell even Ivan didn't make the 8 when he was parachuted into the Panthers job.

Do you want a new coach with a 5 year plan so it's "his team" or do you want a coach who can hit the ground running ?

I'm not adverse to a new coach, just take that leap when you have a better option lined up.
I'd like a coach that gives us a different, more interesting style of play. I'd be willing to wait a bit for 'success'. I am so sick of watching us play this monotonous bloody style. Even when we win it's boring.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Unless we can jag Trent Robinson or Craig Bellamy* I wouldn’t be cutting BA’s contract short. Ciraldo is as much a gamble as BA was 9 years ago.

* I still think he’s a grub with questionable tactics that have destroyed the game but it’s obvious that the man is a winner.

Craig Bellamy turned Brian f**king Norrie into a very good player - that speaks volumes, imo...

The guy may be a bit of a dick with his tactics, but I would kill to have him coach us.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'd like a coach that gives us a different, more interesting style of play. I'd be willing to wait a bit for 'success'. I am so sick of watching us play this monotonous bloody style. Even when we win it's boring.

god, how many times has Bellyache been accused of coaching/creating a boring a boring style of play ?

Gronk

Staff member
god, how many times has Bellyache been accused of coaching/creating a boring a boring style of play ?
Also he doesn't have the midas touch like many suggest. You need a sprinkling of GOATS otherwise you'll get found out. Not saying he doesn't have the knack of unearthing GOATS, but drop him into an inferior side and the evidence suggests they'll prolly still play that way.

1651633134705.png

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You think a game where the loser scores 20+ points (has occurred in half of our matches this year) is boring?!?!?

Latest posts