What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 30 29.4%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Ryles

Votes: 33 32.4%
  • Morris

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JokerEel

Coach
Because MON would have to work with the new coach, his opinion would matter. Likewise if they were choosing a new head of football (or whatever MON’s title is), the coach’s opinion would be a factor.

Well what if MON only picks a coach he knows won't question his role at the club 🤔

strider

Post Whore
I had always thought that a large part of the reason BA never reported to MON was because MON came along after BA was established - and he likely had alot of sway and didnt want to report to a n00b in the club.

Might the structure now change since the coach is the n00b? Might MON be his superior?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I had always thought that a large part of the reason BA never reported to MON was because MON came along after BA was established - and he likely had alot of sway and didnt want to report to a n00b in the club.

Might the structure now change since the coach is the n00b? Might MON be his superior?
It’s possible. It all depends on what O’Neill’s superiors think. Also depends on who the coach is.

JokerEel

Coach
My opinion on this , is that OSullivan is available, a successful and experienced recruiter and HOF, what an opportunity to upscale the position. Maybe we wouldn’t lose so many local juniors, and see extensions filled with options,

He will probably head to South's with Benny if that's what Benny wants.

Cloeel

Juniors
Parra would become an even bigger laughing stock if they hired a Rugby Union coach. We'd just be setting ourselves up to cop crap from the media and other fans alike. Personally, I'm not a fan of the idea.

If our hierarchy are concerned about external opinions. Especially from the media, we have bigger problems than finding a suitable coach.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If you don’t ask, you don’t get, probably he doesn’t hold enough academic degrees and qualifications

what degrees and qualifications does a footy scout need ?

or are you referring to a HOF ?

King-Gutho94

Coach
Parra would become an even bigger laughing stock if they hired a Rugby Union coach. We'd just be setting ourselves up to cop crap from the media and other fans alike. Personally, I'm not a fan of the idea.
We already cop crap from other fans for not winning anything for 38 years. I dont think signing Cheika or not signing him is going to change that.

You would be surprised how many RL people that work in the media that Cheika would actually have in his corner.

Doesn't mean certain journos wont lay the boot in they would anyway fullstop.

Cheika has rarely failed at anything he has done during his career.

Head-coaching is all about man-management anyway something Cheika is great at.