What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 30 29.4%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Ryles

Votes: 33 32.4%
  • Morris

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gazzamatta

Coach
We already cop crap from other fans for not winning anything for 38 years. I dont think signing Cheika or not signing him is going to change that.

You would be surprised how many RL people that work in the media that Cheika would actually have in his corner.

Doesn't mean certain journos wont lay the boot in they would anyway fullstop.

Cheika has rarely failed at anything he has done during his career.

Head-coaching is all about man-management anyway something Cheika is great at.
Maybe Trent could remain as his assistant. Hes already proving he didnt agree with BA on some players/positions. Im really looking forward to the remainder of the season with Baz.

eels_fan

First Grade
Didn't Jim and Sean clearly state in their address last week that BA was part of the R&R committee? It seemed to be at odds with what the perception was about him not being involved in R&R which i would find extremely farcical if that was the case.
Maybe he wanted full autonomy which the board and CEO said no but wanted a committee as such to discuss, review and approve hirings and firings so to speak
Jim and Sean are as honest as bankers....

Easy to flip the blame on the coach you've just sacked..

No one intimated that BA wasn't part of the Committee, just that he didnt get the final say, and certainly wasn't allowed to have the largest voice. Mark O'Neill is that man.

Johnny88

Juniors
David Riccio said this morning that the Eels will have a shortlist of 5 possible coaches today.
A coach that has been part of a winning program, culture making the finals top 8, top 4,
Sounds like Ryles or Maguire?

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Just said on the radio that the Eels board are meeting tonight to go through their top five candidates. Riccio said Hannah and Ryles are on, which is no surprise.

Last edited:

JokerEel

Coach
Chammas said that he thinks the club want Ryles and Ryles is keen on the job. Also the club like mick Ennis to be involved somewhere at the club mabe pathways.

What's with the Ennis love?

We had him at our club why did he leave if we wanted him part of the Pathways?

I hope we don't get him we need a smart operator in the Pathways Ennis does not seem smart..

Parra Pride

Referee

I hope we don't get him we need a smart operator in the Pathways Ennis does not seem smart..
To be honest with you, I’d hire Ennis as a niggle coach to teach at least one of our boys how to be a real merkin that just pisses the other side off.

Johnny88

Juniors

Only thing I heard about Ennis is that he likes working for different clubs to learn off different coaches and clubs. So I think he has worked at Sharks, Raiders, Eels, Sea Eagles.
Before Des Hasler got sacked at Manly he had Josh Hannay to coach after him in a succession plan. Apparently Des rang lots of people to research Hannay to learn more about him.
As we know Manly rejected Dessie's plan and went with Seibold.

Parra Pride

Referee
Only thing I heard about Ennis is that he likes working for different clubs to learn off different coaches and clubs. So I think he has worked at Sharks, Raiders, Eels, Sea Eagles.
Before Des Hasler got sacked at Manly he had Josh Hannay to coach after him in a succession plan. Apparently Des rang lots of people to research Hannay to learn more about him.
As we know Manly rejected Dessie's plan and went with Seibold.
I still wish we got rid of BA last year and went after Des honestly.