What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 30 29.4%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Ryles

Votes: 33 32.4%
  • Morris

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah Johns is the best I’ve seen. Phenomenal player. But I only vaguely remember the eighties.

Cam Smith I never really got. He played forever and won all the time, which is obviously a sign of quality. He just never seemed to be the best on the field, for mine, even when he was MotM.
But but but but what did the stats tell you!!!

He’s a close second to Johns as the best player I’ve seen, easily the smartest player to pull on a boot.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Ennis knows his shit..absolute great pick-up if we get him as an assistant or coach. I reckon he outsmarted BA in a number of areas. BA wouldn't have wanted a threat...
Ennis lives and breathes footy...he leagues
Bea Arthur would of been threatened by Steady Eddie.

chiefy1

Bench
No assistant coach in the history of the game has come in and won a competition, without first proving that they have what it takes by serving an an apprenticeship,in either the UK, Lower grades or q cup period.

So this statistic rules out Ryles and Cheika.
Hannay did coach in q cup but never made the finals. So for mine he's out.

From the list named above only Holbrook & Morris can be Eels head coaches, Maguire is in the mix.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
For mine it was Wally
I think that Wally was indeed a GOAT, but he tended to only play in exceptional teams. So unsure if he is the GOAT.

Random: this is a comment from his page on Rugby League Project.

IMG_1699.jpeg

Gronk

Staff member
^^^^

Random part 2: A mate of mine was at Dan Murphy’s near where he lives in Northmead about a month ago. A merkin was in a Eels cap and they mumbled to each other about how shit they were travelling.

Said merkin grabbed his Mrs from the Shiraz section and declared that, yes, this was indeed her. And produced pics from his phone.

IMG_1701.jpeg

yy_cheng

Coach
I think that Wally was indeed a GOAT, but he tended to only play in exceptional teams. So unsure if he is the GOAT.

Random: this is a comment from his page on Rugby League Project.

View attachment 88801
But then same with all the Melbourne players

Really could really control the game and show genuine leadership

Sterlo controlled the game too and of course Kenny was naturally gifted but when price and crow went, they couldn't get us up anymore

I remember the years when Kenny without sterlo tried to get us back to the top. He gave it everything and was the standout player but just couldn't get us back

I guess that proves your point

Avenger

Immortal
^^^^

Random part 2: A mate of mine was at Dan Murphy’s near where he lives in Northmead about a month ago. A merkin was in a Eels cap and they mumbled to each other about how shit they were travelling.

Said merkin grabbed his Mrs from the Shiraz section and declared that, yes, this was indeed her. And produced pics from his phone.

View attachment 88802
How old is she now? 80?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
^^^^

View attachment 88802
Speaking of women on rugby league fields, my aunty was an Eels cheerleader in the eighties.

Latest posts