What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 30 29.4%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Ryles

Votes: 33 32.4%
  • Morris

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Assistant coach level rubbish.

Would be happier we continue with Barrett then swap him for an experiment on someone without any real credentials.

But my money is still on McDermott... a current assistant coach but with previous head coach experience and success.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Paper listing Jason Demetriou as a contender for the job this morning.
Is that in the QLD paper today Matty.

I personally think its too soon for Demetriou to get another gig.

He sure as hell wasn't the only problem at Souths but the question is how much did he contribute by giving too much latitude to Latrell and Cody that has caused a fractured playing group.

Or were his hands tied by the higher ups who wanted to keep Latrell happy at all times so they let him do what he wanted.

It seems similar to the Jarryd Hayne fiasco when he was with us. If Jarryd didn't put in then the coach wasn't going to last very long. As Jarryd had the keys to the castle.

Maybe he will learn from it but i think he probably would step away for a couple years as an assistant again or go to England & possibly hope to get a 2nd chance in the NRL in 3 or 4 years time.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Assistant coach level rubbish.

Would be happier we continue with Barrett then swap him for an experiment on someone without any real credentials.

But my money is still on McDermott... a current assistant coach but with previous head coach experience and success.
Ryles was a dope as a player and nothing has made me changed my mind that he would be any good as a coach.

With no experience coaching a professional side.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Is that in the QLD paper today Matty.

I personally think its too soon for Demetriou to get another gig.

He sure as hell wasn't the only problem at Souths but the question is how much did he contribute by giving too much latitude to Latrell and Cody that has caused a fractured playing group.

Or were his hands tied by the higher ups who wanted to keep Latrell happy at all times so they let him do what he wanted.

It seems similar to the Jarryd Hayne fiasco when he was with us. If Jarryd didn't put in then the coach wasn't going to last very long. As Jarryd had the keys to the castle.

Maybe he will learn from it but i think he probably would step away for a couple years as an assistant again or go to England & possibly hope to get a 2nd chance in the NRL in 3 or 4 years time.
Yes mate, in the Courier Mail.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yes mate, in the Courier Mail.
Cool found it here

DYNAMIC DUO EYE EELS JOB

It’s official. Jason Demetriou and Josh Hannay are eyeing off the Parramatta Eels head-coaching job.

Sport Confidential can reveal sacked Souths coach Demetriou and Queensland Origin assistant Hannay have formally expressed interest via their management in succeeding Brad Arthur, who was axed a fortnight ago.

Demetriou and Hannay share the same management stable and their agent, Chris Orr of PSM, has advised Eels management the pair are keen on taking charge of Parramatta in 2025.

It’s now up to Eels bosses to make the final call on Arthur’s successor.

It is understood they finalised a shortlist on Thursday. They may opt to overlook both Demetriou and Hannay and head in a different direction.

Knights assistant Brian McDermott and former Titans coach Justin Holbrook have also been linked with the post, but the latter is happy with his role supporting Trent Robinson at the Roosters.

Demetriou has won four premierships in the lower grades and has NRL coaching experience, while Hannay has served a fine apprenticeship and is highly regarded by Maroons mentor Billy Slater.

Hannay has been an excellent right-hand man for Sharks coach Craig Fitzgibbon and would relish the chance to break Parramatta’s 38-year title drought.

“With all due respect to the position and what comes with it, in my mind, I couldn’t be more ready,” Hannay said.

“I don’t say that lightly.

“In terms of appeal, I currently get enormous job satisfaction working with both the Cronulla Sharks and the Queensland State of Origin side.

“’Fitzy’ and Billy are wonderful to work alongside and both have allowed me to have meaningful influence within the respective programs.

“I wouldn’t walk away from that easily, and it’s for that reason I’ve intentionally distanced myself from recent coaching vacancies as the necessary level of appeal just didn’t exist.

“The Eels role, however, does appeal.

“On face value there is a lot going for the club on and off the field. We’ll see what happens. In the meantime my focus will remain with the Sharks and Maroons.”

Gazzamatta

Coach
Cool found it here

DYNAMIC DUO EYE EELS JOB

It’s official. Jason Demetriou and Josh Hannay are eyeing off the Parramatta Eels head-coaching job.

Sport Confidential can reveal sacked Souths coach Demetriou and Queensland Origin assistant Hannay have formally expressed interest via their management in succeeding Brad Arthur, who was axed a fortnight ago.

Demetriou and Hannay share the same management stable and their agent, Chris Orr of PSM, has advised Eels management the pair are keen on taking charge of Parramatta in 2025.

It’s now up to Eels bosses to make the final call on Arthur’s successor.

It is understood they finalised a shortlist on Thursday. They may opt to overlook both Demetriou and Hannay and head in a different direction.

Knights assistant Brian McDermott and former Titans coach Justin Holbrook have also been linked with the post, but the latter is happy with his role supporting Trent Robinson at the Roosters.

Demetriou has won four premierships in the lower grades and has NRL coaching experience, while Hannay has served a fine apprenticeship and is highly regarded by Maroons mentor Billy Slater.

Hannay has been an excellent right-hand man for Sharks coach Craig Fitzgibbon and would relish the chance to break Parramatta’s 38-year title drought.

“With all due respect to the position and what comes with it, in my mind, I couldn’t be more ready,” Hannay said.

“I don’t say that lightly.

“In terms of appeal, I currently get enormous job satisfaction working with both the Cronulla Sharks and the Queensland State of Origin side.

“’Fitzy’ and Billy are wonderful to work alongside and both have allowed me to have meaningful influence within the respective programs.

“I wouldn’t walk away from that easily, and it’s for that reason I’ve intentionally distanced myself from recent coaching vacancies as the necessary level of appeal just didn’t exist.

“The Eels role, however, does appeal.

“On face value there is a lot going for the club on and off the field. We’ll see what happens. In the meantime my focus will remain with the Sharks and Maroons.”

Yeah well Trent Barrett kicked Hannays ass last night so theres that.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ta. JT. Very much appreciated. A must listen for all Eels fans.
First impression?
................... Yeah, Na!
He was boring me after 30 seconds but who am I to judge.
The kind of shit that impresses NRL players is different to what normal people would want in a leader. One of the reasons they generally didn't like Brian Smith was because he was smart.