What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 30 29.4%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Ryles

Votes: 33 32.4%
  • Morris

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
You guys need to meet Jack Gibson.

he didn't say much but when he did everyone listened, he only said what needed to be said, none of this yeah nah

I remember one of his calls as a commentator, Parra was attacking about 10 meters out, and the ball came from the ruck to Sterlo, it was a bad pass, Sterlo dived forward and caught the ball and passed in one motion before he hit the ground and we score a backline try

Watching the replay Gibbo said "See that ? only a footballer can do that"

Nowadays the commentators would have their tongue in Sterlo's arse but not Gibbo, to say he was a footballer was pretty high praise from Gibbo.

Avenger

Immortal
he didn't say much but when he did everyone listened, he only said what needed to be said, none of this yeah nah

I remember one of his calls as a commentator, Parra was attacking about 10 meters out, and the ball came from the ruck to Sterlo, it was a bad pass, Sterlo dived forward and caught the ball and passed in one motion before he hit the ground and we score a backline try

Watching the replay Gibbo said "See that ? only a footballer can do that"

Nowadays the commentators would have their tongue in Sterlo's arse but not Gibbo, to say he was a footballer was pretty high praise from Gibbo.
Gibson had wit. Ryles knows it's a word after wanker.

Soto

Bench
If and this a big IF, Barrett has the team winning, playing well and competing in.every game with no more blow-outs, do you give him a 2yr deal? I'm actually not totally sold on the available candidates now that Bennett and Slater are no chance...
I reckon we let the next 4 weeks play out and see who has applied and been short-listed whilst giving Barrett an opportunity to turn this season around. So far I like the subtle changes he has made.
No doubt if Moses and Guth don't play the other night we don't win..however signs were there about how poorly we were going before they both got injured.

eels_fan

First Grade
Went to Maroons training today. Hannay is very vocal. After game simulation, when the squad broke into groups he was running all the drills and practice with the outside backs (Myles running all the forward drills, JT with the spine and Slater spent nearly the entire session working 1 on 1 with Walsh).

He seemed methodical, commanding and demanded perfection if timing was off.

if we’re going a rookie, after what I saw today and how he spoke earlier this week, he’s my pick

chiefy1

Bench
Went to Maroons training today. Hannay is very vocal. After game simulation, when the squad broke into groups he was running all the drills and practice with the outside backs (Myles running all the forward drills, JT with the spine and Slater spent nearly the entire session working 1 on 1 with Walsh).

if we’re going a rookie, after what I saw today and how he spoke earlier this week, he’s my pick

Its too bad he couldn't inspire the qld cup team he coached out of mid table mediocrity and couldn't make the finals for the 3 seasons he coached. Go Hannay

eels_fan

First Grade
Its too bad he couldn't inspire the qld cup team he coached out of mid table mediocrity and couldn't make the finals for the 3 seasons he coached. Go Hannay
You didn’t get better at your job/career over time?

You are speaking about a time before he was mentored and involved with very good coaches in very good systems.

Sorry you entered your career at a ceo level.

Gazzamatta

Coach

Excellent contribution EF. Sounds promising. Now how do we get you on the selection panel?

Tmars

Juniors
The longer it goes with not a lot of noise out of the eels I think it's Cheika.
He has no manager so nothing will leak in the media.
I think the eels want a name and publicity that will create interest and also the best man manager.
I think he will form a team of assistants probably Matt King being one and will get the job.
Moses is the one they will listen to from a players voice as he is the one that is locked in and let's be honest we win and lose on Moses and will back Cheika in for sure

King-Gutho94

Coach
You didn’t get better at your job/career over time?

You are speaking about a time before he was mentored and involved with very good coaches in very good systems.

Sorry you entered your career at a ceo level.
Chiefy has his balls all in on the Madge.

He said the deal would be annouced post origin 1.

So should be announced by Monday June 17 when the teams go into camp for game 2.