What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Ryles

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Morris

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 23.7%

• Total voters

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Has to be Hannay or it will be a complete utter failure with Ryles imo.

The fact that hannay is in origin camp now means we wont get a decision for another 2-3 weeks.

the article says about mid July so that sounds about right

whom ever it is will need to discuss R&R very soon, November is too late

Cloeel

Juniors
Tbh, Cheika would have been the best of the lot. Hannay and Ryles will be going back to BA in 2014.

I felt similar and voted for him in the poll.

However a number of clubs have overlooked him, bit of a red flag maybe?

I know f**k all about Hannay and Ryles - will support whoever management decides on.

Last edited:

King-Gutho94

Coach

I know f**k all about Hannay and Ryles - will support whoever management decides on.
Red flag is probably most club boards are too cowardly to grab him afraid of failing which is part of the reason most clubs struggle.

Trent Robinson said it the other day - Yawnion dont mind grabbing league types to coach but NRL Clubs are generally risk-adverse.

Its probably similar to the Walker Brothers & they haven't got a gig.

Cheika was the right fit for us i felt right now but we opted against it.

I just hope whoever gets the job leads us to a premiership.

Noise

Coach
Why? Ryles has been recruited by 3 organisations (and high achieving coaches)...:must has something going for him...

Both are good options...or the best of the next up and coming coaches...
He's never been given the reigns as a head coach. Has he even coached reserve grade? Kearney is also a serial assistant at successful clubs that should never be a head coach.

yy_cheng

Coach

Maybe he demanded more. He wanted to be in charge of more e.g. R&R etc and the older fellas are like nah, he won't tow the line so won't pick him

King-Gutho94

Coach
He's never been given the reigns as a head coach. Kearney is also a serial assistant that should never be a head coach.
Its alright being a spitbag to Bellamy in the box just barking whatever Bellamy is yelling at towards the trainer on the walkie.

But history proves there isnt much success elsewhere.

Brad Arthur is probably one of the best coaches to come out of the Bellamy system and has a better win% record then Madge who is the only one to win a comp.

Walters - 53%
Arthur - 52%
Madge - 49% - Won a Premiership with Souths but a Wooden spoon with Tigers
Seibold - 47% - Wooden Spoon with Brisbane
O'Brien - 45%
Kearney - 35% - Wooden Spoon with Parra
Pay - 33%

1718681769068.png

So the Cheika dream is over, apparently? o_O

I'm all in on McDermott now - the only candidate still (possibly) in the hunt who doesn't appear to be beholden to media mates or favourites, or running a media campaign to boost their credentials.

Noise

Coach
Yep and Craig Bellemy was an average footballer, Wayne Bennett a gangly winger, Jack Gibson a plodding front rower.
Let's all judge a coach on their playing history and the teams they played in shall we?
Has Jason Ryles ever been a head coach of any football team?

Latest posts