What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels open door for disgraced Sharks boss

Hellsy

Immortal
I'm so turned around about all of this.
I think Tony needs to step away from League for awhile, just like Matty Johns has.

I also think that a police investgation should have been done on the matter, and if like Matty Johns, there was no case to answer then really he can apply and if sucessful get the job.

Why wasn't there a police investigation? Was it because she decided to take the money and sign the agreement? This confuses me. If my boss punched me I'd report him to the cops, not do secret tapings and sign confidentiality agreements and take $20,000 etc.

I am though very worried about the image of Parra if we sign him up so quickly. There needs to be a certain amount of time to pass, and proper investigations taken place and if they come up trumps then.......

Parra

Referee
I'm so turned around about all of this.
I think Tony needs to step away from League for awhile, just like Matty Johns has.

I also think that a police investgation should have been done on the matter, and if like Matty Johns, there was no case to answer then really he can apply and if sucessful get the job.

Why wasn't there a police investigation? Was it because she decided to take the money and sign the agreement? This confuses me. If my boss punched me I'd report him to the cops, not do secret tapings and sign confidentiality agreements and take $20,000 etc.

I am though very worried about the image of Parra if we sign him up so quickly. There needs to be a certain amount of time to pass, and proper investigations taken place and if they come up trumps then.......

But the sloppy way he deals with everything doesn't worry you?

Punching incident aside, the bloke seems like a bumbling incompetent who tries to spin his way around every issue. And he does it so poorly it never works.

If he gets anywhere near the club it will just be "jobs for the boys" and will be a shocking indictment on the new board.

To be fair, if they are asked, all the board members can say is "He can submit his CV".

Hellsy

Immortal
I never said anything about my personal thoughts, read it again.
I said if he is CLEARED by a POLICE investigation then he should be FREE to apply for the job

sportive cupid

Referee
Hadley just said that he believes that Roy Spag had "promised the job to Tony Zappia and wishes to honour that commitment".

:crazy:
That's certainly a good way to do business:shock:

There are certainly some very damaging reports around concering this guy's credentials as a manager.One wonders if any such allegations emerged about a candidate in any other business whether the potential employer would not run a mile from such a candidate( I certainly would)

Stagger eel

Staff member
whilst the majority of us don't want him near the club, I myself would still like several questioned answered.

why wasn't there a police inestigation?

why was she paid 20K?

why has Gallop demanded his resignation and then after a meeting with Zap turns around and says that he was pleased that Zap has accepted and aknowledged the error of his ways and is a first step in the terms of his future in the code.

why have the Cronulla board cleared him of any wrong doing??

why have Cronulla refused to comment regarding the above??

why has nothing been said about the illegal taping of the conversation?

why have people like Trish Crews and Kaye Fitzhenry come forward in support of Zap??

can anyone shed some light??...

if not, if he applies for the job and is the best man available than I expect the board to offer him the position.

Parra

Referee
I never said anything about my personal thoughts, read it again.
I said if he is CLEARED by a POLICE investigation then he should be FREE to apply for the job

Such high standards. As long as he's not a convicted felon he's OK?

I hope we have some better selection criteria.

We also should not recruit anyone from the current basket-case of the NRL. The culture of Cronulla is stuffed, the finances are stuffed and their on-field performance is stuffed.

The taint that comes with Zappia is enough to ensure that he needs to find work in another field altogether

Parra

Referee
whilst the majority of us don't want him near the club, I myself would still like several questioned answered.

why wasn't there a police inestigation?

why was she paid 20K?

why has Gallop demanded his resignation and then after a meeting with Zap turns around and says that he was pleased that Zap has accepted and aknowledged the error of his ways and is a first step in the terms of his future in the code.

why have the Cronulla board cleared him of any wrong doing??

why have Cronulla refused to comment regarding the above??

why has nothing been said about the illegal taping of the conversation?

why have people like Trish Crews and Kaye Fitzhenry come forward in support of Zap??

can anyone shed some light??...

if not, if he applies for the job and is the best man available than I expect the board to offer him the position.

The gossip & trivia that those answers involve have nothing to do with it.

bartman

Immortal
I don't really have any questions - a boss who treats an employee like has been reported (regardless of the $20,000 etc) shouldn't be near our organisation imo.

I just hope Parra don't go near Zappia at the moment or in the immediate future - especially through the "back door" given our Chairman's public support this week - and instead properly recruit CEO positions when they come up a few months down the track.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The gossip & trivia that those answers involve have nothing to do with it.

well it does to me, especially the bit about the people who have worked with him in the past that have contiinued to endorse him including Kaye Fitzhenry who was at the sharks until Christmas of last year.

Hellsy

Immortal
Such high standards. As long as he's not a convicted felon he's OK?

I hope we have some better selection criteria.

We also should not recruit anyone from the current basket-case of the NRL. The culture of Cronulla is stuffed, the finances are stuffed and their on-field performance is stuffed.

The taint that comes with Zappia is enough to ensure that he needs to find work in another field altogether

Highlight to me where I said that instead of putting words in my mouth Parra. or else start quoting people that have actually said this.

I said the man is FREE to APPLY in my opinion so long as he is not charged. This has NOTHING to do with what I THINK or what my STANDARDS are.

bartman

Immortal
Sounds to me like Kaye etc are just playing the part of the cliched chorus by saying "it's not his go"...

Suitman

Post Whore

And, as Gronk said, if he is the best man available, then we have problems, or indeed, we haven't looked hard enough.

Suity

Parra

Referee
Highlight to me where I said that instead of putting words in my mouth Parra. or else start quoting people that have actually said this.

I said the man is FREE to APPLY in my opinion so long as he is not charged. This has NOTHING to do with what I THINK or what my STANDARDS are.

You will find that he is free to apply even if he is charged. He is free to apply even if he is convicted.

The club should never have axed the CEO without a topline replacement lined up. Then none of this would matter. But that's another issue.

sportive cupid

Referee
well it does to me, especially the bit about the people who have worked with him in the past that have contiinued to endorse him including Kaye Fitzhenry who was at the sharks until Christmas of last year.
Well not everyone who has worked for him have endorsed him Staggers.
I am curious what the $20K has to do with it anyway.IMO the fact that he thought to offer it speaks more for his credetials as a CEO than her willingness to accept it. She isn't the one being assessed for the job anyway.

Hellsy

Immortal
You will find that he is free to apply even if he is charged. He is free to apply even if he is convicted.
Again, I said IMO, not what is legal

The club should never have axed the CEO without a topline replacement lined up. Then none of this would matter. But that's another issue.
I don't agree, they had to out DF when they could. But I am happy to wait for awhile till they find a suitable replacement

Latest posts