What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels open door for disgraced Sharks boss

cv8z

Juniors
he's obviously a very personable guy - has lots of supporters and lots of ppl think he's a good bloke .... thats cool - I don't know him from a bar of soap so I can't comment on him really - and I wasn't there when things were done/said with this black eye chick - I can only imagine his nature is to muck around with his staff and if they like his sense of humour they get along with him well - unfortunately this one didn't and then looked to get her 5mins of fame and a bit of cash while making an example of him

but he has done some dumb things to cover/sort it out - maybe dumb things many others would have also done???

what I don't get is (if this is true, it is the 3 stooges of the media here - lol .... yet every word coming from board members seems to be leaning towards wanting zaps tbh) how the board obviously have set their sights on him and seem to have their blinkers on .... reaks of jobs for the boys - which tbh isn't much different to denis being the old board's best mate - if the new board are so keen to ignore everything to get zaps cos of old associations with him, then are they gonna be all accountable and kick his arse and keep him in line like we all wanted with denis?

also - do they mention what CEO position zaps is in line for? FC or LC - or are we doing another denis CEO who does both?
Not that i agree, my tip is zaps will most likely be FC manager if this thing doesnt get any worse for him, the board like him

El Diablo

Post Whore
on a sidenote, Weidler also indicated that every female staff member was in tears when Zap left...(just not sure whether it was tears of sadness or joy) and not to be surprised if there's a fairwell lunch attended by staff, coaching staff and players.

Weidler also said he'd spoken to NZ police a month or so ago. he hadn't.

born an eel

Bench
............. unfortunately this one didn't and then looked to get her 5mins of fame and a bit of cash while making an example of him
I wonder if some of you aqctualy work and have to deal with staff or bosses from the answer you give. Leagues clubs and football clubs are places of employment and have codes of conduct that go with them.

If she had made an official complaint through the industrial relations commission I am sure she would have received more money.

strider

Post Whore
I wonder if some of you aqctualy work and have to deal with staff or bosses from the answer you give. Leagues clubs and football clubs are places of employment and have codes of conduct that go with them.

If she had made an official complaint through the industrial relations commission I am sure she would have received more money.
personally i just sit on my arse playing in the dirt all day - jobs? bosses? staff? - no idea what they are :roll:

all places of employment are full of people - and all of these people have different personalities .... some like to joke/muck around in different ways - sometimes others like it - some don't .... all workplaces have rules to follow, but often they are kinda flexible - really depends on all those different bosses and staff ..... well thats what I've found from my 15yrs of working - but maybe thats just me

Hellsy

Immortal

And my question is.... WHY DIDN'T SHE?????
Not that this is for you to answer bae, but it strikes me as very strange she took money instead of reporting it

sportive cupid

Referee
But what does that imply about this girl anyway?That she took the least beneficial path?That she is maybe a bit naive and capable of manipulation?

None of this looks good for the boss and his cronies.

Strides, what you are describing are the workplaces of the past,before legislation was enacted to emsure that those of us with the lesser positions of power (be that direct or indirect)get a fair go in the workplace.

Something that some employers are sadly less aware of than others.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
The fact that we no have 17 pages of debate, with some people stating they will hand back memberships, is proof enough that he shouldn't be hired.

Even if he has done nothing wrong, even if the board think that he will be a smart operator, the fact is that we have just got rid of an administration that neglected its fans, and now we are thinking about moving to a CEO who will drive people away from the club before he has set a foot in the door. It just can't happen.

There are CEOs around that could come here with absolutely no baggage whatsoever. Get one of them.

fish eel

Immortal
There's a whole range of reasons why someone may not wish to go through the police to get resolution for a matter - particuarly when it is one persons word against another - and one person has a degree of 'power' or 'authority'.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
And my question is.... WHY DIDN'T SHE?????
Not that this is for you to answer bae, but it strikes me as very strange she took money instead of reporting it

But Hellsy, she could only take money if it was offered.

So, regardless of the girl's motivation, we are still talking about hiring someone who paid her off.

So why risk it when there are others with no skeletons in their closets (that we know of)?

Stagger eel

Staff member
But what does that imply about this girl anyway?That she took the least beneficial path?That she is maybe a bit naive and capable of manipulation?

are these questions that you want to know ansers for??

None of this looks good for the boss and his cronies.

who says it does? I know one thing, it's never looked good for him from the start but now I'm just as interested at what hasn't been reported rather what has been reported.

scottyeel

Bench
f**k, he copped it on channel 7 news again tonight (lead story).
Something to do with a dying 28 year old has pledged his life insurance to the sharks (1.5m) and zap told him to setup a foundation. Zap told him not to email him at work any more only email him at home and the bloke sent him 6 $5000 cheques but only 1 was ever taken to Sharks HQ and no one there knows anything about this foundation.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Something to do with a dying 28 year old has pledged his life insurance to the sharks (1.5m) and zap told him to setup a foundation. Zap told him not to email him at work any more only email him at home and the bloke sent him 6 $5000 cheques but only 1 was ever taken to Sharks HQ and no one there knows anything about this foundation.

so 7 read a story that was in the paper and then claim it as one of their exclusives :lol:

Dying Sharks fan makes $1.5m vow

7's investigations don't tend to end well for them

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,23778915-911,00.html

Jury verdict: Channel Seven defamed Mercedes Corby
Article from: The Daily Telegraph

BYRON KAYE

May 30, 2008 01:55pm

FRESH from a legal victory over the Seven Network, Mercedes Corby has criticised the broadcaster for being more focused on ratings than the truth.

Ms Corby, 33, last night won her NSW Supreme Court defamation action against the Seven Network, former best friend Jodie Power, and others.

"This is a major victory for me and my family,'' Ms Corby told reporters in reference to the jury's finding she was defamed in Today Tonight's paid interviews with Ms Power.

"Living with these disgusting allegations has been difficult and hurtful.

"I'm relieved Today Tonight has been held accountable for their ... story.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yep saw that, it didn't look good. There is no way we can bring him to the club now.

bartman

Immortal
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25634700-5001028,00.html

Dying fan 'sent Zappia thousands'

Article from: AAP

June 14, 2009 07:17pm

FORMER Cronulla Sharks boss Tony Zappia reportedly asked a terminally-ill fan who wanted to set up a foundation for the club to send thousands of dollars to his home address.
The 27-year-old fan, who wants to remain anonymous, contacted the club last year, offering to set up a foundation using money from an insurance payout.
Mr Zappia established the Beyond Sharks Foundation and told the fan to send the money to his western Sydney home address, Network Seven reported on Sunday.
”Tony Zappia answered back almost immediately and said that it would be a good idea to set up a foundation,” the fan said.
”Tony Zappia, he emailed me and told me to send it to his home from then on in.”
The fan said he sent six cheques totalling $30,000, sending all but one to Mr Zappia's home address. Four of the cheques were made out to Mr Zappia and two to the foundation.
But the Seven Network reports a club spokesman said the Sharks had no knowledge of the foundation and had never received any of the money.
The fan said Mr Zappia sent him 73 emails from his personal account, saying it was to ensure confidentiality as his personal assistant had access to his official Sharks account.
Mr Zappia did not comment on the report but said the $30,000 donation has been spent on team camps and football equipment.
The fan has pledged $1.5 million in total, which Mr Zappia said will be used for ground improvements and facilities for fans.
Mr Zappia said he would hand over details of the foundation to Cronulla chairman Barry Pierce.
The allegations follow Mr Zappia's resignation as Sharks chief executive on Thursday evening ahead of a meeting with the board where his future was to be discussed.
He stood down from his position earlier last week following allegations aired on the Seven Network involving an 2008 incident where former employee Jenny Hall was left with a black eye.

Hellsy

Immortal
But Hellsy, she could only take money if it was offered.

So, regardless of the girl's motivation, we are still talking about hiring someone who paid her off.

So why risk it when there are others with no skeletons in their closets (that we know of)?

I'll say it again. I have NEVER said I am on TZ's side, I am questioning WHY she didn't go to the cops.
I am NOT defending Cronulla's actions
I am NOT defending TZ's actions
I am NOT saying I am happy that Parra want to pick TZ up in a few months.
I am NOT questioning the girls motivation behind taking the money
I am ASKING why she felt she couldn't go to the cops/IR board etc, but 7 months later she is happy to talk to the media

F*ck I wish people would stop assuming what I think and read what I am saying only.