What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels open door for disgraced Sharks boss

Stagger eel

Staff member
Well not everyone who has worked for him have endorsed him Staggers.
I am curious what the $20K has to do with it anyway.IMO the fact that he thought to offer it speaks more for his credetials as a CEO than her willingness to accept it. She isn't the one being assessed for the job anyway.

well there's the lady in question, anyone else?

I think it has a great deal to do with it, why didn't she go to the cops? I would off?

but hey, whatwever Magany says...

sportive cupid

Referee
Why does everything always come down to the cops?

This was essentially a workplace incident.Think of the position of a lower employee in an organisation.Ok ,so what if she took what essentially amounts to hush money? IS that a reflection of the person who receives it only?

Again,she is not the one in line for the joib here.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Why does everything always come down to the cops?

This was essentially a workplace incident.Think of the position of a lower employee in an organisation.Ok ,so what if she took what essentially amounts to hush money? IS that a reflection of the person who receives it only?
Again,she is not the one in line for the joib here.

she was allegidley asaulted, why shouldn't there be a police investigation?

there is this though from our faithful little mate...

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25624522-5001021,00.html

TheRam

Coach
I'm so turned around about all of this.
I think Tony needs to step away from League for awhile, just like Matty Johns has.

I also think that a police investgation should have been done on the matter, and if like Matty Johns, there was no case to answer then really he can apply and if sucessful get the job.

Why wasn't there a police investigation? Was it because she decided to take the money and sign the agreement? This confuses me. If my boss punched me I'd report him to the cops, not do secret tapings and sign confidentiality agreements and take $20,000 etc.

I am though very worried about the image of Parra if we sign him up so quickly. There needs to be a certain amount of time to pass, and proper investigations taken place and if they come up trumps then.......

Spot on Hellsy.

TheRam

Coach
Highlight to me where I said that instead of putting words in my mouth Parra. or else start quoting people that have actually said this.

I said the man is FREE to APPLY in my opinion so long as he is not charged. This has NOTHING to do with what I THINK or what my STANDARDS are.

Spot on again Hellsy.

TheRam

Coach
You will find that he is free to apply even if he is charged. He is free to apply even if he is convicted.

The club should never have axed the CEO without a topline replacement lined up. Then none of this would matter. But that's another issue.[/QUOTE]

What the...

Parra

Referee
You will find that he is free to apply even if he is charged. He is free to apply even if he is convicted.

The club should never have axed the CEO without a topline replacement lined up. Then none of this would matter. But that's another issue.[/QUOTE]

What the...

It looks like the intention was to get rid of Fitzgerald. That should've been an outcome of the plan, not the plan itself.

No different than axing a player, before you have a replacement lined up. It is negative and disruptive, rather than positive and strategic.

If the bloke that was pre-arranged is Zappia, things don't look so good.

TheRam

Coach
And, as Gronk said, if he is the best man available, then we have problems, or indeed, we haven't looked hard enough.

Suity

This is also 100% how I feel. He has a right to apply just like anyone else does. But if we hired him that would be an absolute joke and our club would deserve all the criticism it got.

My criticism of Spags was that his comments to the press sounded terrible and that Parra would not object to hiring his mate regardless of his past. That may not be what he intended, but that is how it sounded.

Parra

Referee
Why?

This is not a put-an-ad-in-the-paper and see who applies position. It is the same as recruiting a top line player. It's head hunting rather than recruitment. It's also transition planning.

mickdo

Coach
Since Fitzy has been given the arse we have signed two very good players and are set to sign more. The place has not fallen apart... in fact the very opposite. He had to go, and the sooner the better. A replacement will come.

Parra

Referee
Why would the place fall apart?

Are you seriously suggesting that Fitzgeralds departure had an influence on Shackleton & Poore?

mickdo

Coach
Why would the place fall apart?

Are you seriously suggesting that Fitzgeralds departure had an influence on Shackleton & Poore?

If you read my post again you will see that I was suggesting that it didn't result in us NOT getting Shackelton & Poore

Parra

Referee
Splitting hairs there. Anyway, Fitz goingit's a separate, now irrelevant issue. He's gone.

mickdo

Coach
Splitting hairs there. Anyway, Fitz goingit's a separate, now irrelevant issue. He's gone.

I don't think it's splitting hairs. You were implying that we shouldn't have dumped our CEO unless we had one lined up, otherwise it would negatively impact the club. I was simply pointing out that our club does not seem to be suffering due to his recent departure. The club will manage fine without him in the interim. Perhaps even better.

Stagger eel

Staff member
so did anyone see Weidler's column in the Sunday Herald this morning? if so what was their take on it?

Gronk

Staff member
Bec and Buzz & Weidler are saying this morning in their rags that the Zaps thing will happen, we will leave it for a few months and then lock him. They say that the Board think he's the right man for the job.

They say that Zaps is out to clear his name. I'm not sure what that means, but at the end of the day he still caused a staff member an injury from acting unprofessionally in the workplace, then in conversation with her offered for her to spank him and showed her an inappropriate email. As many have stated here previously, maybe not illegal but certianly a sackable situation in every workplace. Then proceeded to balls up the whole subsequent process with lies and hush money. IIRC he has been shown that he told porkies on the Footy Show when he denied any detailed knowledge of the $20,000 payout.

I think his strategy now is to prove that he has done nothing wrong legally and hence cannot be charged, and at the same time seek to have the girl charged for secretly recording the call or interview. Somehow he thinks that the public opinion will alter and absolve him of any wrong doing. Irrespective of what happens in the next few months, Zapps will always be the guy who injured the girl and tried to side step the issue and the picture in the paper of the girl's badly bruised eye will stick in both the public and sponsors minds for a very long time to come.

If he gets the gig at the Eels it will be a massive step back for a club who has made a fresh start and looks like they are going places. The club has the opportunity of taking a leaf out of the mob from Belmore's book and be the club on the way up, both on and off the field.

I beg the Board not to allow this man on our staff and cease the opportunity to inject fresh professionalism into the club.. :pray:

Stagger eel

Staff member
on a sidenote, Weidler also indicated that every female staff member was in tears when Zap left...(just not sure whether it was tears of sadness or joy) and not to be surprised if there's a fairwell lunch attended by staff, coaching staff and players.

strider

Post Whore
he's obviously a very personable guy - has lots of supporters and lots of ppl think he's a good bloke .... thats cool - I don't know him from a bar of soap so I can't comment on him really - and I wasn't there when things were done/said with this black eye chick - I can only imagine his nature is to muck around with his staff and if they like his sense of humour they get along with him well - unfortunately this one didn't and then looked to get her 5mins of fame and a bit of cash while making an example of him

but he has done some dumb things to cover/sort it out - maybe dumb things many others would have also done???

what I don't get is (if this is true, it is the 3 stooges of the media here - lol .... yet every word coming from board members seems to be leaning towards wanting zaps tbh) how the board obviously have set their sights on him and seem to have their blinkers on .... reaks of jobs for the boys - which tbh isn't much different to denis being the old board's best mate - if the new board are so keen to ignore everything to get zaps cos of old associations with him, then are they gonna be all accountable and kick his arse and keep him in line like we all wanted with denis?

also - do they mention what CEO position zaps is in line for? FC or LC - or are we doing another denis CEO who does both?

Latest posts