What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels open door for disgraced Sharks boss

mickdo

Coach
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/mayer-to-quit-manly-says-report-20090617-chk2.html

SMH said:
Grant Mayer is reportedly quitting his job as chief executive of NRL premiers Manly.

The Daily Telegraph website says Mayer has decided to go and will officially leave the club in mid-July.

A Manly board meeting on Wednesday night was expected to ratify his decision.

Mayer has had to contend with months of infighting between rival factions on the Manly board.

Mayer rejected a suggestion he could resurface as CEO at Parramatta where a replacement is being sought for long-serving Denis Fitzgerald who was forced out earlier this month.

"Speculation that I will re-appear at another club is off target - I have no intentions of joining another club at this stage," Meyer said.

:(

fish eel

Immortal
Why would Mayer say he was interested in a position at Parramatta at this stage.

We havent even advertised our position/s yet.

Read O'Neills book....good operator.

Seriously, and this would never happen, but John Eales would be a perfect choice for the position.

Smart, business savvy, not ingrained with the league pshcy, well respected, great orator.

Foolish pipedream though.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Wouldn't surprise me to see Costello put his hand up now he is leaving parliament. I bet he saw an opportunity with DF gone.