What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels open door for disgraced Sharks boss

spiderdan

Bench
i didn't realise the sharks were a legal authority that had the power to clear anyone. maybe in their eyes he didn't do anything illegal (and that may well be the case) but the fact of the matter is that he is bringing baggage with him wherever he goes. if there is as much supporter backlash about him coming back to the club then that can't be good.

SDM

First Grade
Same here fishy

I found that article this morning, maybe she taped more than one conversation

who knows ?

the more I get into this the more I feel she had an agenda against Zaps and she wanted a bit more than the agreed $20K

So would I if my boss punched me in the face, then gave me an insulting redundancy.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
But most people are, and potential sponsors are more interested in most people, then a minority.

yeah, no arguments there

sponsors bow to peer pressure which is controlled by the media, just ask Matty Johns

I am more querying as to why he shouldn't be high on the list (or considered at all)as a candidate for a CEO job at Parra.

Questionable behaviour in the work environment is one thing and not all of them are chargeable offences I understand that. Still, they are questionable all the same.....

strider

Post Whore
According to this article, he resigned due to the damage done by the media, although he had been cleared of any wrong doing by an independent investigation.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25621167-11088,00.html

Sharks had the matter investigated, its in the link I've posted above
how in the world can the Sharks League/Football Club be considered "independent"? .... FMD they have an interest in the outcome! :crazy:

The Colonel

Immortal
I posted an article earlier however it seems to have been missed in the kerfuffle. The Tigers have appointed Stephen Humphreys as the new CEO. However their list of people included ex-Libs leader John Brogden, former Sydney FC boss George Perry, Grant Mayer and executives with the Coventry City and Fulham football clubs in Britain. Zap is a league man through and through but if the club are serious would he be ahead of those candidates?

I'm not entirely sure he would be.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
how in the world can the Sharks League/Football Club be considered "independent"? .... FMD they have an interest in the outcome! :crazy:

I agree they do have an interest (depending on their agenda assuming they are supporting him), but the independent investigator doesn't

strider

Post Whore
I agree they do have an interest (depending on their agenda assuming they are supporting him), but the independent investigator doesn't
what independent investigator? .... was there one? ... you're not believing media writings are you twiz? :lol:

Eelementary

Post Whore
I posted an article earlier however it seems to have been missed in the kerfuffle. The Tigers have appointed Stephen Humphreys as the new CEO. However their list of people included ex-Libs leader John Brogden, former Sydney FC boss George Perry, Grant Mayer and executives with the Coventry City and Fulham football clubs in Britain. Zap is a league man through and through but if the club are serious would he be ahead of those candidates?

I'm not entirely sure he would be.

It was an interesting article. John Brogden? I was all set to vote for him until he stood down. Charismatic and very switched on. But what are his business credentials?

Personally, I don't care whether Zappia has been proven innocent or guilty. I don't care how good an operator he is. What he has bee accused of is going to stick, and it will cause dramas. I just think we should try and avoid drama.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
what independent investigator? .... was there one? ... you're not believing media writings are you twiz? :lol:

touche

I believe there was one, old news now, but then again like some wise man here said, don't believe the media

Latest posts