What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK II

How many pages in 24 hrs

• 1-15

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 16-30

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 31-45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45+

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger

Immortal
Avenger, your contact wouldnt be thinking say 10 pts is a "good outcome" would he?

Come on mate. That would kill our season. How would that be good? Besides I said very happy, not good. Stop twisting the truth Kent, I mean Strides.

Last edited:

phantom eel

First Grade
Despite the media hype, the chicken little forum posturing, and the drama llama rumour mongering, this was always only going to end in a 4 point penalty at most, because:
a) it's the maximum non appealable points penalty
b) it's only a technical breach/es, through incompetence (link between Watmough's TPA company, rogue Seward contracts)
c) the issue and its context ocurred over a period of time including before the current administration
d) it's down to a lack of corporate knowledge in the footy club, due to staff changes following on from multiple Board changes
e) the NRL got us to agree to 118 governance improvements just in the off-season, to keep them satsified we're heading in the acceptable direction
f) the only "benefit" to the current squad through the breach has been Watmough, who hasn't taken even the field in 2016
g) it penalisies us, but (rightly so, since we are cap compliant) doesn't write off this season

As I stated at the the outset a 4 point penalty is nothing to this squad, the way Arthur now has them playing, competing and believing in themselves. This team will still make the semis, even with -4 competition points applying.

What this squad doesn't need is more instability achieved through a wholesale member-led dumping of the Board one year early. If the NRL choose to make selective alterations to some Directors as a result of finding they (proactively) acted improperly, then so be it. But let's leave it up to the NRL - they have already gained our agreement to have some independent directors included on the Board in some way, so let's just let that happen and deal with any remaining fallout at the next election in 2017 (after we have won the comp in 2016).

I thank you :cool:.

Last edited:

phantom eel

First Grade
I reckon the NRL will go with an announcement close to evening (5:30pm, or even later) of whichever day it's coming?

Try and keep it off the printed back pages of the next day, hoping some other drama comes and bumps the issue aside a day later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts