What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK II

How many pages in 24 hrs

• 1-15

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 16-30

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 31-45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45+

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite the media hype, the chicken little forum posturing, and the drama llama rumour mongering, this was always only going to end in a 4 point penalty at most, because:
a) it's the maximum non appealable points penalty
b) it's only a technical breach/es, through incompetence (link between Watmough's TPA company, rogue Seward contracts)
c) the issue and its context ocurred over a period of time including before the current administration
d) it's down to a lack of corporate knowledge in the footy club, due to staff changes following on from multiple Board changes
e) the NRL got us to agree to 118 governance improvements just in the off-season, to keep them satsified we're heading in the acceptable direction
f) the only "benefit" to the current squad through the breach has been Watmough, who hasn't taken even the field in 2016
g) it penalisies us, but (rightly so, since we are cap compliant) doesn't write off this season

seeing the media is slowly working their way up the punishment scale from stoning to crucifixion if we only lost four points they would go INSANE
it makes sense for the nrl though because we can't appeal (nor should we want to) and it stops the whole thing being dragged out forever in court

but from now on our salary cap has to be so clean you can see your reflection if it's out by one cent the media WILL find out and they WILL bury us

ash411

Bench
seeing the media is slowly working their way up the punishment scale from stoning to crucifixion if we only lost four points they would go INSANE
it makes sense for the nrl though because we can't appeal (nor should we want to) and it stops the whole thing being dragged out forever in court

but from now on our salary cap has to be so clean you can see your reflection if it's out by one cent the media WILL find out and they WILL bury us

You can bet Paul Kent will have his calculator out every year from now on... Especially if we get a favorable/no points penalty.

Kornstar

Coach
I think Speedwagon is on the money; were getting awarded bonus points.

If the media didn't despise us so much they could have some fun and go with the headline "parra gain 4 points" and then in the article they could say that it was going to be 8 but only ended up at 4.

That would be fun to see the people who just read headlines react.

Gronk

Staff member
I hope that the current rumours are true and then the NRL draw a line in the sand. Amnesty for all TPAs until 2019 (before any new contracts commence and old contracts are at an end) and then introduce a new and improved salary cap.

Whatever the f**k that is.

Transition will be a nightmare, but hey that's why Toddy gets the big bucks.

84 Baby

Referee
I hope that the current rumours are true and then the NRL draw a line in the sand. Amnesty for all TPAs until 2019 (before any new contracts commence and old contracts are at an end) and then introduce a new and improved salary cap.

Whatever the f**k that is.

Transition will be a nightmare, but hey that's why Toddy gets the big bucks.

Except a) then penalising us any points would be unreasonable if they are conceding the likelihood of widespread rorting & b) basically every TPA up until then will be guaranteed as far as players/managers are concerned (could see more court cases then)

Except a) then penalising us any points would be unreasonable if they are conceding the likelihood of widespread rorting & b) basically every TPA up until then will be guaranteed as far as players/managers are concerned (could see more court cases then)

Well, that would depend on the reasons for any potential punishment handed to us....if it surrounded the Mossop payment, that has nothing to do with TPAs.

hindy111

Post Whore
So if we lose points what number of pages do you think will be filled on the issue in the first 24hrs?

Last edited:
I hear a decision has been made. Don't know exactly how many points but we will be very happy with the outcome. My source is impeccable. Suck it up Paul Kent!!!

Oh yeah!!!!!!!

7143cc0ef956dcf7b680d712ba0e283a5f12020b8adf3bfa141778763fa87e9f.jpg

strider

Post Whore
tbh i think most us parra fans are over it all ... if its a kind rule change i reckon we wont have much more to say

Btw hindy - there is a flaw in the question. Everyone can configure different page sizes, so get different numbers of pages :p

Status
Not open for further replies.