What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK II

How many pages in 24 hrs

• 1-15

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 16-30

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 31-45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45+

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger

Immortal
I hear a decision has been made. Don't know exactly how many points but we will be very happy with the outcome. My source is impeccable. Suck it up Paul Kent!!!

Oh yeah!!!!!!!

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
*I would never say that and more importantly never did. The article was taken down because it was false and I couldn't agree with you more in regards to what may happen re points. I will always support the eels and am just as pissed off as you about what was written. Hope that clears that up mate.

Thats what hindmarsh said in response to a fan who bagged him about his comments.
Also was interesting that the fox sports article about the nrl not going soft on us according to hindmarsh was taken down on saturday night.

Gronk

Staff member
Funny how -4 points is a good result. In November this joint was rioting over any loss of points.

We now need the NRL to tell the fans precisely why we are losing the points. This will determine the fate of Sharp & Co.

Basil Brush

Juniors
If we are under the salary cap for this season, which we apparently are, it cant be anymore than 4 points

Only reason it will be 4 points is that was the suspended sentence if there were anymore skeletons from the past.

Just my view.

84 Baby

Referee
Funny how -4 points is a good result. In November this joint was rioting over any loss of points.

We now need the NRL to tell the fans precisely why we are losing the points. This will determine the fate of Sharp & Co.

This. Don't care how many points it is or isn't as long as reasoning for it is commensurate to the facts, which without a press conference on Channel 9, I don't think we'll hear the facts, we'll just get Jerkakoff, merkin & Munchwood spouting the "facts"

Avenger

Immortal

Just my guess Gronk. Wasn't told how many.

Avenger

Immortal
If we are under the salary cap for this season, which we apparently are, it cant be anymore than 4 points

Only reason it will be 4 points is that was the suspended sentence if there were anymore skeletons from the past.

Just my view.

I said that a month ago. But anyway.

Just my view.

Not sure that the suspended sentence has anything to do with this. It was suspended pending changes to governance structures. The 4 point threshold is important, however, as a penalty of 4 points or less cannot be internally appealed once confirmed (they can't prevent you from seeking redress outside the NRL however).

84 Baby

Referee
Not sure that the suspended sentence has anything to do with this. It was suspended pending changes to governance structures. The 4 point threshold is important, however, as a penalty of 4 points or less cannot be internally appealed once confirmed (they can't prevent you from seeking redress outside the NRL however).

Pretty sure I started that speculation. That in order to get it over with "quickly" NRL will issue penalties in lots of 4 points and hope we don't challenge it in court

Basil Brush

Juniors
In saying that i think it cant be more than 4 points, i still think it will be more due to all the hysteria around and due to the NRL making things up on the run. My guess is 8-10

However, if it is more than 4 points lets exhaust every legal avenue possible to fight it.

Last edited:

84 Baby

Referee
Yes but there is so much crap in this thread that these things can be missed.

Anyway we obviously agree. Lets hope the NRL agrees.

I'm thinking this will be landmark moment for new NRL management. If they underpenalise us, then the fans via media will crucify them as ineffective. If they overpenalise us then we (a significant portion of their fanbase) will crucify them as weak and prejudiced. The investigators and penalty team will only be thinking of the least worst option for the NRL.
Was anyone else not surprised when Greenburg was "hired" in the midst of these issues? Hope he has a parachute handy

yy_cheng

Coach
The NRL would've loved all the speculative reporting that was going on. It prepares Parra fans for what's to come.

So before, 4 points was a farce now it's acceptable because 8-14 points were bandied around and the fans had it in their heads and braced for it.

It's like when the council picks up rubbish from council pickups a week or two late. It allows people to dig thru other people's rubbish and clear out alot of the stuff that the council needed to pickup and eventually dump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts