What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He is a grub, but i can't blame him.

I thought the press conference was ok. They believe they have evidence of us breaking the rules so they punished us.

:lol: We are cheats!
Yeah but didn't make it right coming from a Donkey's fan :lol:

Plus the guy is a totally douchebag and a bandwagoner to boot.

^b0ss^

Juniors
I think Parra should organise a rally to f**k off Watmough

lol funny but wont help unless we dont have to cover the costs ...also its not going to come off this yrs cap.

So at this stage to play souths watmough is no help to us even if insurance paid him.Or any other game this yr.

Here's a question that will probably get me beaten to a pulp...

Where's the evidence that it was Fitzgerald that is behind the leaks?

Now, I'm not saying that it wasn't. Not in the least. But this forum has been going on for weeks about media agendas and people jumping to conclusions and leaks and...well, you know.

Yet we've all just jumped on Fitzgerald and I haven't seen an ounce of proof.

Now, I can certainly understand why people would think it was Fitzgerald. Look at his comments already about stepping in to fill the gap. I understand.

My question, though, is whether there is actually any proof?

eel01s

Bench
OK, so going back to my first post about how Watmough's insurance payout automatically gets us under the cap from January and means we get our 12 points back...

February gives us 2/3 discount on Watmough's salary which, is it is $800k, is $533k.

All we need to do then is find another way to have $40k excluded from our cap. If they have included all of our TPAs then we just have to hope we have $40k worth of legit ones.

Take care of that $40k and we get our 12 points back. If they don't give them to us then we take them to court.

Mate, the 12 point penalty isn't just because we are "over" by $570k. It is for systemic cheating since 2013. Getting under the cap asap will not mean the 12 points are reinstated.

Greenburg did say that the penalty has not been finalised, and may change depending on the response from the Eels.

Now, I'm not saying that it wasn't. Not in the least. But this forum has been going on for weeks about media agendas and people jumping to conclusions and leaks and...well, you know.

Now, I can certainly understand why people would think it was Fitzgerald. Look at his comments already about stepping in to fill the gap. I understand.

Well Gadiel accused fitzy yesterday at the AGM. I'm not a fitzy supporter but she was way out of line. She reminded me of Julie Bishop on roids.

eel01s

Bench
lol funny but wont help unless we dont have to cover the costs ...also its not going to come off this yrs cap.

So at this stage to play souths watmough is no help to us even if insurance paid him.Or any other game this yr.

Isn't there some sort of salary cap relief though if a player is injured for a large part of the (or entire) season?

Glenn

First Grade
Latest from Amy Dale in the Supreme Court just now...

Arthur Moses SC, acting for the suspended Eels officials, has asked the court if there had been "a breach of procedural fairness" in the handling of the matter.
He has sought for an injunction, preventing the NRL "from acting upon or treating as valid" their notices until the case can proceed to a full hearing as early as next week.
"Prior notice has to be given before a suspension is imposed," Mr Moses told the court.
The court heard that at this morning's meeting, the club was told of the penalties and impending public statement concerning it.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...l/news-story/d6118c643a47db833587c4e4bca83cf1

Mate, the 12 point penalty isn't just because we are "over" by $570k. It is for systemic cheating since 2013. Getting under the cap asap will not mean the 12 points are reinstated.

Greenburg did say that the penalty has not been finalised, and may change depending on the response from the Eels.

The sad thing is that the press Confrence the auditor said that had we been upfront from the start in the first investigation and the second investigation the penalty would not have been so bad.

Cheers To the board!!

#goodgovernance

Gronk

Staff member
Well Gadiel accused fitzy yesterday at the AGM. I'm not a fitzy supporter but she was way out of line. She reminded me of Julie Bishop on roids.

:shock::shock::shock:

Photos-Girl-bodybuilder-Natural-female-bodybuilding-bodybuilders-steroids-Bodybuilding-Fitness-Your-Guide-to-Building-Muscle-Supplements-Bodybuilder-Photos-youm-misr-17.jpg

Glenn

First Grade

If not by Fitzgerald, then one of his support crew imo.
We may never know who leaked it to the media to start this Snowball, but we do know who had the most to gain from such a leak.

woddy

Juniors
OK, so going back to my first post about how Watmough's insurance payout automatically gets us under the cap from January and means we get our 12 points back...

February gives us 2/3 discount on Watmough's salary which, is it is $800k, is $533k.

All we need to do then is find another way to have $40k excluded from our cap. If they have included all of our TPAs then we just have to hope we have $40k worth of legit ones.

Take care of that $40k and we get our 12 points back. If they don't give them to us then we take them to court.

Morgs to the storm should cover the rest. Points back hmm not sure we'll get any back but worth a try to get some relief. It's in the courts hands now ,more waiting .

Kornstar

Coach
Yeah but didn't make it right coming from a Donkey's fan :lol:

Plus the guy is a totally douchebag and a bandwagoner to boot.

I was more laughing at the fact we are cheating.......maybe i'm delirious but i find this whole thing funny.......only we could cheat the cap so badly for some really SHIT players and get nothing and then caught........

Seriously, some of the TPA's for Blair and Harrison WTF is wrong with these morons???

Kornstar

Coach
Morgs to the storm should cover the rest. Points back hmm not sure we'll get any back but worth a try to get some relief. It's in the courts hands now ,more waiting .

According to some here Morgan is on 500k so shouldn't his release free up most of the cap issues for this year?

apparently Greenberg just said on 2SM that if watmough gets his retirement approved then his contract would come off the cap from that date onwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts