What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipmunk

Coach
I don't agree with that.

Who would you suggest?

How much do you think the Raiders would be willing to pay Junior Paulo this season? Not full freight I'm sure. They still have a salary cap themselves.

Watmough's insurance will solve most of the problem now that we're not paying Morgan as well.

ash411

Bench
How much do you think the Raiders would be willing to pay Junior Paulo this season? Not full freight I'm sure. They still have a salary cap themselves.

Watmough's insurance will solve most of the problem now that we're not paying Morgan as well.

I think half his freight would be fair, yes we are less than half way through the season, but we're gonna have to take a hit at some point.

No team looking to pick up a player is going to pay full market for them, we're going to have to discount somewhat.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Why are people so keen to get rid of Peats? He's a good player, and our long term starting hooker. But no, yeah, let's dump him in favour of his 40 year old backup...

Key positions in every club are the 1,6,7 and 9.

Peats is one the key players at our club and is in our long term plans.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I think half his freight would be fair, yes we are less than half way through the season, but we're gonna have to take a hit at some point.

No team looking to pick up a player is going to pay full market for them, we're going to have to discount somewhat.

just write this year off and keep the players or it will only cause further probs if we're paying for players next year

and don't expect us to make the 8 again until the NRL starts policing the salary cap properly as you can bet we will be under more scrutiny than other clubs when it's audit time

Parra should tell the NRL they will stop funding junior development as it hasn't helped us

Further on the Watmough thing - I think it is crucial that the insurance company retrospectively pays back to the time of injury and not simply from the time the process is finished.

I would say that we have been paying Watmough since the time of the injury. If we can be reimbursed by the insurance company then the NRL won't have much of a legal leg to stand on regarding the payments being discounted from our cap.

Watmough is the key. He gets us aaaaaaalmost back to February compliance and gives us our points back.

If the information that we are receiving is that this is going to happen and is simply a matter of time for the insurance process to be thoroughly gone through, then we don't shed anyone. We hold our ground, make a public declaration of our intent to get our points back via this method and then watch the NRL scramble.

Join the club, the boss sent me home after I nearly murdered a Bronco co worker for being a smarmy douche and branding us as cheats.

i had to take a walk myself at one stage or a certain tigers fan at work was about to be told something i would have to repeat to HR

I hope the club isnt stupid enough to fight it - someone needs to out there hand up and admit what they did

I am sick of the 'blame everyone else' attitude....

Watmough is the key. He gets us aaaaaaalmost back to February compliance and gives us our points back.

If the information that we are receiving is that this is going to happen and is simply a matter of time for the insurance process to be thoroughly gone through, then we don't shed anyone. We hold our ground, make a public declaration of our intent to get our points back via this method and then watch the NRL scramble.

mate give it up the points are gone and never coming back

Sphagnum

Coach
If it goes to court Parramatta may attemp to subpoena financials from other clubs to try and strengthen a 'procedural fairness' case. Doubt the NRL want that kind of headache. There'd be a whistle blower f on every club ready to jump on that bandwagon.

strider

Post Whore
One thing I struggle to come to terms with ...

How can they have been so steadfast in saying they had not f**ked up? I honestly dont know how

Im also stuggling to believe $2.43m over 3 years prior to this year ... on what?

84 Baby

Referee
Latest from Amy Dale in the Supreme Court just now...

Arthur Moses SC, acting for the suspended Eels officials, has asked the court if there had been "a breach of procedural fairness" in the handling of the matter.
He has sought for an injunction, preventing the NRL "from acting upon or treating as valid" their notices until the case can proceed to a full hearing as early as next week.
"Prior notice has to be given before a suspension is imposed," Mr Moses told the court.
The court heard that at this morning's meeting, the club was told of the penalties and impending public statement concerning it.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...l/news-story/d6118c643a47db833587c4e4bca83cf1

They got the injunction on their deregistrations. Delaying the inevitable plus they had better by some miracle prove the NRL were wrong otherwise who cares about you being deregistered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts