What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just n relation to the comments about Watmough.

Firstly will the insurance issue be sorted in 10 days to enable the team to takes points against Souths should they win (and should)? Not sure and risky if you want to take needed points.

If insurance claim is rejected any payout you make to him would surely fall as counting as part of the cap.

Bloody hard call.

Reckon you might need to off load Pauli early and someone else.

Shit position to be in but you have the talent left to have a red hot crack at it.

As for the Board etc....piss em off. Wankers.

Eels are about the team and supporters, not those self interested knob jockeys

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Because he wants to support his team rather than come on here and be a dickhead telling everyone how good they are and how they know everything........

send them a love letter then to show your support or poke them on facebook :lol:

^b0ss^

Juniors
Whats sad is i have been so angry at storm for so long about there cheating and i really never ever thought we would be a club that has even thought about let alone cheated the cap.

the nrl are sacking 5 of the board by the looks of it.So you would think that there is so pretty nasty stuff found out about how they went about this.

Glenn

First Grade
We tried telling them the truth and all we got was abuse.... 3 million dollars worth of rorts later and the end of the season have hopefully finally wake up. Pathetic!!

Not a time for I told you so, everyone is hurting enough as it is.

forward pass

Coach
I just hope the NRL TV viewers goes down big time, hell going to now hope the AFL and every other sport get more viewers then the NRL, just so they can see the importance of the eels to the comp.

What so the NRL will think that gees maybe we should have let them get away with it because they are so important. If it happens again - let it go eh?

ByRd

First Grade
Re: Watmough

Recruited on a $750,000 four-year deal, insurance issues dictate whether Watmough’s retirement would free up sorely needed cap space, or whether it will have to be found elsewhere.

If Watmough is granted an insurance payout, his wage won’t count on the Eels’ salary cap for next season however that doesn’t help the club in the short term.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...6/news-story/2129a17f860500850464e018315940a6

greena

Juniors
Those that provided the emails etc to the NRl should be named and shamed so that they will never again be game to enter the Leagues club or Parramatta for that matter.

Yes Parra cheated but everyone knows there are a lot of other clubs rorting TPA's

The NRL should also be fined for allowing TPA's to take over the game.

There was an article a few weeks ago that said Watmough's injury (that he is still yet to recover from) occurred at training 2 weeks before the season started - so February

OK, so going back to my first post about how Watmough's insurance payout automatically gets us under the cap from January and means we get our 12 points back...

February gives us 2/3 discount on Watmough's salary which, is it is $800k, is $533k.

All we need to do then is find another way to have $40k excluded from our cap. If they have included all of our TPAs then we just have to hope we have $40k worth of legit ones.

Take care of that $40k and we get our 12 points back. If they don't give them to us then we take them to court.

Re: Watmough

Recruited on a $750,000 four-year deal, insurance issues dictate whether Watmough?s retirement would free up sorely needed cap space, or whether it will have to be found elsewhere.

If Watmough is granted an insurance payout, his wage won?t count on the Eels? salary cap for next season however that doesn?t help the club in the short term.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...6/news-story/2129a17f860500850464e018315940a6

If players cancel their current TPA would that help?? Would that have an immediate affect?

Or is it we have to lose players?

#goodgovernance

Gronk

Staff member
The club should release Semi & Tepai to the Waratahs. Watch Greenberg freak out about that prospect.

<No I don't want that you merkin Jake>

Those that provided the emails etc to the NRl should be named and shamed so that they will never again be game to enter the Leagues club or Parramatta for that matter.

Yes Parra cheated but everyone knows there are a lot of other clubs rorting TPA's

The NRL should also be fined for allowing TPA's to take over the game.

We would not have a whistle blower if we weren't cheating. Our frustrations should be directed at the ones who promised us "good governance and other stuff" .... Remember that??

Other clubs cheating doesn't justify why we had to cheat.

DC_fan

Coach
I feel sorry for Parramatta fans. You deserve a club to be run by people better then you have had there.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I may be a Penrith fan but I feel sorry for the Eels supporters and players who are innocent parties in the breaches. You finally get a strong side together and this is a tough blow. I really hope you can make the finals and hopefully we will meet you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts