What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash411

Bench
Here's a question. What if the board are still in power in 2017, we still playing for zero points???

Sounds like it.

Although I don't see how they will be, the injunction they got was only a stay of execution, not a way to get their registration permanently re-instated.

I'm pretty sure that no matter what happens in the appeal process, Greenberg will more than likely de-register them all anyway. I doubt that they will be completely cleared of wrong doing, there seems to be way too much evidence against them.

The appeal is likely more to be about lessening the severity of the penalty, rather than trying to get the whole lot overturned.

Either way, once the appeals process is done with, if the board isn't de-registered (which they will be) I'm pretty sure the membership will be demanding they go, via an EGM.

Chipmunk

Coach
Of course they are but going the dodgy way has clearly not been the right way, otherwise we wouldn't be needing the #12from15 hashtag would we?

We need someone up to the task who will live and breath the club, just like our coach does but from an administrative perspective who will leave no stone unturned.

Essentially all you can do is communicate with the people who you report to and be open and honest. Don't shit on those before you just lay out the facts. We are in a mess which is irrelevant how we got here but we are tasked with cleaning it up. The time frame is x amount of years and these are the steps we are going to take to gain your trust.

We will update you on our progress (and set dates and times that you will achieve this) and take you along for the ride if you are interested.

Clear and transparent. We now have a PWC audit with results and governance guidelines that the NRL have recommended. The next guys just have to stick to that and not deviate. It's pretty simple. Have open and honest relationships with the NRL and it can only benefit you.

Do I think it is easy, f**k no. If you aren't doing anything wrong though and communicate effectively to the people you report to, i.e the voting members and the NRL then you are heading in the right direction. We have a good coach now, we just need the administrative side to catch up and support him!

Agree with this. Also being clear and open would also help stave off the white-anting. If there are no secrets, there is nothing to leak. Put everything out there, so that when someone tries to fire at the board in the hopes of de-stabilising it, they have no ammo to fire with.

If we have a strong board that get the job done as best they can, and are honest and work within the rules, there's nothing to go to the media about.

That was the current boards undoing, yeah it was a dog act leaking the dodgy dealings to the media & the NRL, but if they hadn't been dodgy there would have been nothing to leak in the first place.

If a new incoming board comes in and is forced to offload a number of players that are part of the current team and the team performs poorly and ends up at the bottom of the ladder again, how long do you really think that the voting members and the other factions will really give those people?

ash411

Bench
If a new incoming board comes in and is forced to offload a number of players that are part of the current team and the team performs poorly and ends up at the bottom of the ladder again, how long do you really think that the voting members and the other factions will really give those people?

The members (f**k what the faction think) have to understand that if they have to lose players to the point where the team loses its ability to be competitive, that it will take time to get us back up to that level.

Although I don't see us being in that situation, I think the squad for next year would get under the cap relatively easily, considering the number of guys we have off contract at seasons end, guys we could probably afford to lose without a dip in playing quality.

Kornstar

Coach

You can only work with the situation you are given and if you don't do a good enough job then you are gone. Doesn't mean you have to resort to dodgy dealings such as having invoices for no goods received and then funnel that through to the players.

hybrideel

Bench
Just to remind folk of the emperor's acumen, wasn't it Denis who never bothered to call Gene Miles back in the '80s when he was apparently keen to come to the eels?
And when Steve Ella gave him the heads up on a talented teenager by the name of D.Lockyer again nothing was ever done?
Just sayin'......

Everyone makes some recruiting mistakes but what i find funny is his quote yesterday that we never got the spoon in any years he was here. While that may be true i find it very hard to forgive the 10 years between 87-96 when we didn't make the finals because he wanted to spend all available money on the leagues club rather than the team.

Chipmunk

Coach
You can only work with the situation you are given and if you don't do a good enough job then you are gone. Doesn't mean you have to resort to dodgy dealings such as having invoices for no goods received and then funnel that through to the players.

So going back to my original post sometime back, who out there with any sort of ability to be able to get the job done do you think could be bothered given that immediate on field success will still be expected???

ash411

Bench
So going back to my original post sometime back, who out there with any sort of ability to be able to get the job done do you think could be bothered given that immediate on field success will still be expected???

Jodeci? :lol:

Gronk

Staff member
Thats why the injunction is just a fantastic idea :roll:

These clowns should have been gone yesterday.

The injunction will probably force a compromise from the NRL. For guys like Ando, a career NRL guy, he would want the ability to work elsewhere within the code.

I don't really know, but I'd say that it would have something to do with it. So that their exit is as not viewed being banished etc. This is because they maintain that 99% of the shit was inherited. Which is yet to be proven to be true.

Gronk

Staff member
The members (f**k what the faction think) have to understand that if they have to lose players to the point where the team loses its ability to be competitive, that it will take time to get us back up to that level.

Although I don't see us being in that situation, I think the squad for next year would get under the cap relatively easily, considering the number of guys we have off contract at seasons end, guys we could probably afford to lose without a dip in playing quality.

Agree, you have a point. I am sure that BA would be on top of that thought already.

This is because they maintain that 99% of the shit was inherited. Which is yet to be proven to be true.

so what if it was? they still had a chance to go to the nrl on day one and say "look we found some discrepancies in the books this is what the situation is..." and cop a much much smaller penalty nobody put a gun to their head and told them to keep the rort going

Last edited:

Kornstar

Coach

I told you I would but I'm not qualified. I don't believe immediate expectations of success would be demanded. Most people just want a team that is committed and a chance and vision of success in the future. We are close now, so why can't we be close next year too when we are cap compliant? BA is a good coach, the fans like him so that is a great benefit to the club right now.

We need to start looking and not hiring based on jobs for the boys or any of that garbage! The problem is that it is all we are going to get because of the people making the decisions!

Jodeci? :lol:

That would be awesome!

Why are you laughing? Who do you think are going to be the people to put their hands up to get the job done?

They are part of a faction, they should be nowhere near the club.

Gronk

Staff member
so what if it was? they still had a chance to go to the nrl on day one and say "look we found some discrepancies in the books this is what the situation is..." and cop a much much smaller penalty nobody put a gun to their head and told them to keep the rort going

You're not wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.