What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiftstylez

Bench
The thing that stings the most at the moment is the Nines... I haven't been happy like that after a game since I started supporting the Eels.

KromyD

Juniors
Shedding big name players in a panic move to get under the cap IMO is not the way theshould go with it especially with all the current off contract players PLUS what they have sacrificed to get there current big name stars, why shed that in a move to adjust slightly (a little exaggerated i guess lol) when they are still very capable of a 2017 title with there current squad.

To show they are 1 up on the NRL they should come out and announce the 2017 re-signings of Micheal Gordon, Matt Woods, Danny Wicks, Corey Norman, Mitch Cornish, Kelepi Tanginoa & Nathan Peats in the coming weeks. Its vital they have these players on board for next year and to guarantee them that all this will not affect them.

- Cody Nelson
- Bureta Faraimo
- Cameron King
- Kieren Moss
- Rory O'Brien
- Scott Schulte
- Joseph Ualesi

The above players unfortunately will not be re-signed and if the finer details of Watmough's deal are sorted, he too maybe forced into retirement.

The big question involves who do they shed now to get back on the board to be playing week in week out footy. Most clubs will be near the cap causing for a release in most likely 6 players to reach the apparent 500k deficit.

- Junior Paulo (150k to the Raiders + 3years from 2017)
- Ryan Morgan (75k to the Rabbitohs)
- Luke Kelly (75k to the Sea Eagles)
- James Hasson (75k to the Tigers + 2017)
- Isaac De Gois (100k to the Knights) - 3rd home coming anyone? lol
- Vai Toutai (100k to the Storm + 2017)

84 Baby

Referee
But there's no such thing as a weekly salary cap. If we cut 570k off the payments to players this year then we are under the cap.

Sadly I think the NRL have the view of point in time. Just makes the idiocy of allowing it to drag on that much more infuriating, whether that's the NRL's or as they were inferring ours

Oscarman

Juniors
So the NRL has made an arbitrary assumption we are over the cap? How the f**k did they register Jenko's contract then? What a bunch of useless merkins.

Jaegerex

Juniors
But there's no such thing as a weekly salary cap. If we cut 570k off the payments to players this year then we are under the cap.

Yes, for all future games. The games you won though was dine by fielding a team at the time was over the cap. So you won't get back points unless you could go back in time and remove whatever players you end up shedding from your roster at the time.

So the NRL has made an arbitrary assumption we are over the cap? How the f**k did they register Jenko's contract then? What a bunch of useless merkins.

Oh.....for the nth time. They didn't know that we were over the cap at that time, because they hadn't discovered the alleged breaches regarding TPAs / undisclosed payments.

Is it really that hard?

Dibs

Bench
Back to getting the wooden spoon every other year. We won't come out of this like Melbourne and Bulldogs did

IFR33K

Coach
I don't see anyway we are going to be able to shed $570k in 10 days, it may be months, or not possible at all.

Even if we shed players, more then likely we will be paying them next year too. Clubs will be low balling us as we speak. We can wipe out 2017 as well. Fml

Last edited:

Glenn

First Grade
Watmough gets his insurance payout (should be around 75% of his contract, based on time before injury), there is the cap cleared.

Today isn't the day to gloat Jake, keep a lid on it.

I'm heart broken champ! But you can give some leeway so I can name the people who smashed me for daring to tell the truth and speak against the angelic board we have. I'm heartbroken that these morons have wrecked our club.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They can take a pay cut on a new contract (future years), they just can't renegotiate a contract to reduce the price in the current year.

pedge

Juniors
I wouldn't bother shedding anybody unless it helped us next year....my reading is we don't have to if we are happy to play for nothing
Just play the season for no points
Why ruin another season to play for points which will ultimately mean nothing this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts