What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

strider

Post Whore
I was staunch in my support when the merkins announced they would take our points

I didnt care if we were playing for points or not .... then we got all these stories giving us hope - yeeehaaaa!!! ... now its all gone back to a pile of shit

The cutting of Peats is the final straw .... it shits me .... i think it will demoralise the squad and all amount to f**k all anyway

phantom eel

First Grade
Maybe we can find a club greedy and stupid and incompetent enough to take him off our hands on an extended deal a year before his current deal expires?

A kind of Michael Jennings Ponzi scheme.
:lol:

The Jennings deal does look to be the one that put us in cap danger... We didn't really need him this year - so what if we lost Hoppa, we still had Morgs - and so should have let the Roosters rot in their troubles and signed up Jennings from the next year. We were just greedy, and incompentent :(.

Parraren

Bench
Im still struggling to see how all our cheating is adding up to $3m over 4 years .... all you ever hear is $80k here, $30k there ... most i've heard is watmoughs stuff adding up to $120k

People like reni n co arent gonna add up to 100s of thousands in cheating

Can't wait to see the final report findings.

$3m over 4 years is $750k per year worth of dodgy 3rd party deals.

That's roughly 6 'Watmough' sized deals per year.

Hard to believe.

cv8z

Juniors
:lol:

The Jennings deal does look to be the one that put us in cap danger... We didn't really need him this year - so what if we lost Hoppa, we still had Morgs - and so should have let the Roosters rot in their troubles and signed up Jennings from the next year. We were just greedy, and incompentent :(.

Or kept Ryan Matterson

Chipmunk

Coach
Whether Peats was in our plans or not is not relevant. He was treated disgracefully. Enough is enough. I couldn't give a shit now if we do not accrue another point. Nathan Peats is a top player with a great attitude and we are sacrificing him. Now we have reached the lowest of lows. If Peats is released I'm done for this year.

I think we're about to embark on the beginning of the end with our current movements.

Last edited:

Bigfella

Coach
and Spags

Considering he was chucked out in May 2013 and the projector 12 were axed in June 2013 that seems very unlikely.

Curiously enough the blackboard 12 copped the axe just after sharp became chairman and declared that he didn't believe in 5 year plans and that Parra First had a one year plan.

So I know who I'd be looking at if there were suspicious / fraudulent / deceptive payments made to some if the projector 12 to sweeten their exit from the Club.

phantom eel

First Grade
Im still struggling to see how all our cheating is adding up to $3m over 4 years ....
That's been bugging me too, there seems a huge discrepancy in the claimed figures...

This hasn't been mentioned anywhere yet, but is it possible that...?????

Hayne-8.jpg

?????

After all, media wouldn't kill the goose that lays their golden egg...

phantom eel

First Grade
Considering he was chucked out in May 2013 and the projector 12 were axed in June 2013 that seems very unlikely.

Curiously enough the blackboard 12 copped the axe just after sharp became chairman and declared that he didn't believe in 5 year plans and that Parra First had a one year plan.

So I know who I'd be looking at if there were suspicious / fraudulent / deceptive payments made to some if the projector 12 to sweeten their exit from the Club.
I think to be balanced and fair, it would seem likely that Stuart got the go ahead (and any the necessary financial assurances etc) to embark on his cutting deadwood exercise from his mate Spags, at least one month in advance of announcing his conclusions to the squad via projector... which would also have been (naively) supported from there by a newly elected Sharp.

Both administrations/boards hold blame - the one where the seeds for all of this were sown (Osborne, Kearney, Stuart etc), and the one where the seeds bloomed (Seward etc).

Chipmunk

Coach
That's been bugging me too, there seems a huge discrepancy in the claimed figures...

This hasn't been mentioned anywhere yet, but is it possible that...?????

Hayne-8.jpg

?????

After all, media wouldn't kill the goose that lays their golden egg...

Well if they have decided that all TPA's, whether they were obtained legitimately or not, are now to be considered under the salary cap, then it's certainly more than likely.

I'd like so see what the NRL's response would be if The Plane was cut from the 49ers tomorrow and if he announced to the world that he will only return to the NRL if it's with Parra, otherwise he will just go and play Rugby.

Avenger

Immortal
So would you be happy if Peats turned around tomorrow and said he doesn't intend on going anywhere for the remainder of the season?

Of course he does. He doesn't care if we start the season on negative points as long we are competitive.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I was staunch in my support when the merkins announced they would take our points

I didnt care if we were playing for points or not .... then we got all these stories giving us hope - yeeehaaaa!!! ... now its all gone back to a pile of shit

The cutting of Peats is the final straw .... it shits me .... i think it will demoralise the squad and all amount to f**k all anyway

That's exactly how I feel.

Eelementary

Post Whore
If the Storm were fined $1m, made to shed 3 of their top 25 players, had 5 of their lying cheating merkin board and exec stood down and then won 12 from 15 to make the 8 - I would have felt fine with it.

Less level-headed fans than you, running on emotion, wouldn't agree.

Eelementary

Post Whore
the storm were a million dollars over the cap so after their fire sale would they still have a good enough team to make the semis? hard to say

But the point was - had the Storm been allowed to play in the Finals in 2010, how would you have felt?

Personally, I'd have felt the integrity of the competition was tarnished, and as unbiased as I am trying to be, I'd feel the same if we made the 8 this year.

After all, what better way to punish a club than to say they cannot win the Premiership?

More importantly - fans and officials of other clubs would not have been happy allowing Melbourne to be successful after cheating.

And I think we're in a similar boat - I strongly believe our season is dusted, regardless of shedding players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts