What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I haven't been able to keep up with the news over the last day or so, leaving me the need to ask you fine posters this question:

Did the NRL refuse to backdate Watmough, thus leading to us having to shed additional players to get under the cap? Or was it simply that Watmough, even when backdated, wasn't enough?

This.

I find it very interesting that the $3m has not been detailed. Surely this amount is the reason for the 12 point penalty and TPAs being added to the cap this year.

We need some transparency.

I would think the amount has little to do with it. If the allegations of channelling cash to players through false invoices are substantiated, 12 points is a light penalty, even if it was for $50k in total.

strider

Post Whore
So I haven't been able to keep up with the news over the last day or so, leaving me the need to ask you fine posters this question:

Did the NRL refuse to backdate Watmough, thus leading to us having to shed additional players to get under the cap? Or was it simply that Watmough, even when backdated, wasn't enough?

Who knows the actual truth?? ... but i read they would only allow half his contract.

I reckon all along they wanted us to shed a decent player

Djay

Juniors
My biggest concern right now is what will the morale of the playing group of Peats or whoever goes, could cause some major issues.

So Paulo, who is already in the on a warning for his road rage decided to go play a game of 3rd grade union when contracted to a professional rugby league team?
Any people wonder why we didn't up the offer to re-sign him?
Oh well Punt him to the raiders now and keep Peats.

Bigfella

Coach
Can we give the f**king conspiracy theories a rest for a while?

It's so f**king boring.

There a million things we have obviously and repeatedly done wrong.

It's not two evil billionaires who hate parra running their hands together in a tower and dreaming up ways to make sure we don't win the premiership.

It's seriously juvenile and moronic.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
LoL, go back a few pages I already said that it doesn't matter if they are a bad player, so why does it matter that Peats is a good player? It's a business.

But if you are talking about people who backed Sandow,

Hello, nice to meet you.

But please stop stealing my material and passing it off as your own and then have a circle jerk over a point I have already made.

Trying to pass off Gronk's material as your own.

F**ken low act.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Can we give the f**king conspiracy theories a rest for a while?

It's so f**king boring.

There a million things we have obviously and repeatedly done wrong.

It's not two evil billionaires who hate parra running their hands together in a tower and dreaming up ways to make sure we don't win the premiership.

It's seriously juvenile and moronic.

Well said Bigfella.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'm happy for them to respond but blaming the previous guys when you were there doesn't make sense to me!
Yep, when the best you can come up with the other guy did it it's a total waste of time and club funds.

It's up there with the dog ate my homework, maybe Spags Dog is another we can add to the list of excuses????

Status
Not open for further replies.