What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Of course, I'm a member. Definitely my fault. And I had a drink in the leagues club once, and put a lobster in the pokies.

Definitely my fault, I'm an absolute disgrace.

:lol:

What I like about you Hiney is that you never resort to exaggeration to make a point.

Gronk

Staff member
So Paulo, who is already in the on a warning for his road rage decided to go play a game of 3rd grade union when contracted to a professional rugby league team?
Any people wonder why we didn't up the offer to re-sign him?
Oh well Punt him to the raiders now and keep Peats.

IIRC it's been said that Ricky would have to let a player go to fit Jnr in. Prolly why the focus is on Peats.

If Twiz's talking about what I think he's talking about, it's not very exciting. But he could be talking about something completely different involving a hamster and a Selley's product.

ash411

Bench
It's no wonder why our club is a shambles.

I've been busy the last day or so, so I've had to read a bunch to get caught up, from the last couple of pages of the MKIII thread till now, and jesus, guys..

The standing on opposite sides of the room poking your tongues out and throwing insults across the room the whole "My Dad can beat up your Dad" mentality in this series of threads really needs to stop.

I'm not completely innocent in this, I've fallen into it somewhat, so don't jump down my throat about it, I know I'm as guilty as everyone else.

We are as bad as the factions and infighting that have been destroying the club in the front office.

This fanbase is supposed to support the PARRAMATTA EELS, not factions, or board members. The team.

Can we by any chance get back to that please?

Flame away.

So Paulo breached his contract, club can sack him but some in the media think the NRL could de-register him for 12months.
I have no idea what is going to happen here, imagine if he got injuried and was out for the season from that 20mins to help out his Brother-in-laws rugby team.

Dibs

Bench
It's no wonder why our club is a shambles.

I've been busy the last day or so, so I've had to read a bunch to get caught up, from the last couple of pages of the MKIII thread till now, and jesus, guys..

The standing on opposite sides of the room poking your tongues out and throwing insults across the room the whole "My Dad can beat up your Dad" mentality in this series of threads really needs to stop.

I'm not completely innocent in this, I've fallen into it somewhat, so don't jump down my throat about it, I know I'm as guilty as everyone else.

We are as bad as the factions and infighting that have been destroying the club in the front office.

This fanbase is supposed to support the PARRAMATTA ELLS, not factions, or board members. The team.

Can we by any chance get back to that please?

Flame away.

Fanbase is a f*cking idiot and my dad could beat his dad up

Yep, when the best you can come up with the other guy did it it's a total waste of time and club funds.

It's up there with the dog ate my homework, maybe Spags Dog is another we can add to the list of excuses????

lol they still won't accept ownership. Still trying to blame different people. What a disgrace they are.

#goodgovernance

But the point was - had the Storm been allowed to play in the Finals in 2010, how would you have felt?

Personally, I'd have felt the integrity of the competition was tarnished, and as unbiased as I am trying to be, I'd feel the same if we made the 8 this year.

After all, what better way to punish a club than to say they cannot win the Premiership?

More importantly - fans and officials of other clubs would not have been happy allowing Melbourne to be successful after cheating.

And I think we're in a similar boat - I strongly believe our season is dusted, regardless of shedding players.

to be honest at the time in 2010 i would have been ropable if the storm played in the finals but now the salary cap shoe is on the other foot i find myself asking if a team sheds players and is now 100% legal and under the cap why CAN'T they play for points?

mind you i might have been happier about the storm if i knew that cronk or smith was coming to the eels ;-)

Djay

Juniors
THat's what Greenberg is banking on.

Brilliant, that will set us back another 5 years. Just what we need after 10 years of shit.

I've said it before and I'll say it again Greenberg should cop as much scrutiny as what others during this whole audeal have.

His dealings with Seward are also extremely questionable.

Stagger eel

Staff member
If Twiz's talking about what I think he's talking about, it's not very exciting. But he could be talking about something completely different involving a hamster and a Selley's product.

well first of all, Phantom Bart isn't contracted to the club therefore whatever he does in private is his business and secondly...what are we talking about again??

ek999

First Grade
Brilliant, that will set us back another 5 years. Just what we need after 10 years of shit.

I've said it before and I'll say it again Greenberg should cop as much scrutiny as what others during this whole audeal have.

His dealings with Seward are also extremely questionable.

Seward went to Greenberg for advice when he was already head of football. Do you really think he told him how to cheat the cap?

yy_cheng

Coach
Broncos effectively have a 9 million dollar cap, it seems ridiculous that we are losing points and we still don't have a team assembled that costs more than the Broncos! Sure they are legal TPAs but how do poor clubs ever get on top of them apart from the odd good year?

Like Thaiday, last year, they were talking about not resigning him, however, he was never going to leave. But hey guess what, he signed.

Maybe it was really convenient if some TPA came in just before he signed.

Yep, when the best you can come up with the other guy did it it's a total waste of time and club funds.

It's up there with the dog ate my homework, maybe Spags Dog is another we can add to the list of excuses????

they have no excuse even if the rort was started by the previous board they could have came forward at any time and reported it

Stagger eel

Staff member
Seward went to Greenberg for advice when he was already head of football. Do you really think he told him how to cheat the cap?

nah he would of told him to throw it back onto the lazy player managers to do their jobs properly..

lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts