What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

yy_cheng

Coach
So Paulo breached his contract, club can sack him but some in the media think the NRL could de-register him for 12months.
I have no idea what is going to happen here, imagine if he got injuried and was out for the season from that 20mins to help out his Brother-in-laws rugby team.

12 months? Sticky will be happy. What happened to his court case?

Kornstar

Coach
to be honest at the time in 2010 i would have been ropable if the storm played in the finals but now the salary cap shoe is on the other foot i find myself asking if a team sheds players and is now 100% legal and under the cap why CAN'T they play for points?

mind you i might have been happier about the storm if i knew that cronk or smith was coming to the eels ;-)

I don't think it would have been unreasonable for them to shed over a million dollars of talent and either lose 2 of Inglis, Cronk, Slater or Smith OR 8 or 9 other players and keeping those guys.

Start from zero while they were not cap compliant and then deal with the massive holes they would have had to have wouldn't have guaranteed them a place in the 8 and if they had of made it, good on them!

The outrage on my part for the Storm was that we lost a potential premiership trophy directly to them and they still got to keep the best 3 players they have in Cronk, Slater and Smith. Those guys are essential to that team on and off the field with their commitment and professionalism!

If they had won the comp that years sans 2 of their big 4 (at that time) then it would have been fair and square imo.

84 Baby

Referee
:lol: let's add it to the list of "it's everyone else's fault but the plumbers" list:

So far we have:

The Fans / members
The NRL
Media Smear
Fitzy
Spags
Jake the Snake
Jodeci
Hineyrulz
Paul Kent
RAY Hadley
Former Boards dating back 1947
You forgot to add:

Ricky Stuart
Steve Kearney
Ken Edwards
Bob Bentley

But then who actually gives a shit? You and hiney are playing the blame game more than anyone.
Congrats you were right Sharp is either dodgy or incompetent. How does that help us now?

84 Baby

Referee
Seward went to Greenberg for advice when he was already head of football. Do you really think he told him how to cheat the cap?
I'd be more questioning how & more importantly when Greenberg found out about our dodgy dealings that were connected to Seward

ash411

Bench
You forgot to add:

Ricky Stuart
Steve Kearney
Ken Edwards
Bob Bentley

But then who actually gives a shit? You and hiney are playing the blame game more than anyone.
Congrats you were right Sharp is either dodgy or incompetent. How does that help us now?

It makes Jake and Hiney feel all fuzzy and happy. That's about it.

You forgot to add:

Ricky Stuart
Steve Kearney
Ken Edwards
Bob Bentley

It doesn't help us now but sadly it could have been avoided.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It makes Jake and Hiney feel all fuzzy and happy. That's about it.
Yeah I'm just peachy :roll: besides that piece of shit Fitzy I doubt anyone is happy with were the club is at.

The problem is these clowns are still there and people on here are still making excuses for them.

Talk about moving the goal posts.

So Paulo breached his contract, club can sack him but some in the media think the NRL could de-register him for 12months.
I have no idea what is going to happen here, imagine if he got injuried and was out for the season from that 20mins to help out his Brother-in-laws rugby team.

They won't be able to sack him for that type of breach, and they won't want to.

Chipmunk

Coach

What happened with his road rage thing?

Djay

Juniors
Seward went to Greenberg for advice when he was already head of football. Do you really think he told him how to cheat the cap?

I don't know much anymore but what I know is Greenberg ain't the hero everyone thinks he is.

So, in regards to the blame game...there's little doubt that some unseemly practices have been committed at our club over the last few years. After all, we copped our punishment sweet(-ish) last year. But I do think that there's a good possibility that we're under the cap this year and that those practices are behind us.

Obviously, we can't confirm this either way unless the details of the breach are released.

But with that in mind, the issues I have here are:

* The NRL not being willing to backdate Watmough's insurance. By all other legal interpretations, this is utter bullshit;
* Todd Greenburg's connection to Scott Seward. So the guy we fired for being dodgy is the guy TG used to testify against us? Oh, and by the way, he's Todd's old mate from Canterbury and SS has rang TG before to get advice on TPAs...That seems...totally legitimate...

And on our side:
* There's the possibility that, despite being given the opportunity, we did not participate in full disclosure with the NRL.

On the third point, the removal of the Go5 seems fair enough.

On the first two, I continue to be inclined to fight the NRL, even if this means exploring possible court action.

It looks like we're far from blameless in this situation but that by no means means laying down and taking whatever punishment the NRL want to give us, especially looking back at the first two points above, which show that the NRL is far from having clean hands on this.

My position remains the same as it was on Day 1 - cop the fine and the Go5 removal but fight for our 12 points to be returned.

Chipmunk

Coach
Who thinks we're any chance of playing for competition points in 58 hours time, if the requirement is that Nathan Peats, or a combination of players on the same kind of money are required to leave the club and be signed up elsewhere?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts