What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

yy_cheng

Coach
I find it remarkable that Sharp sat there at the AGM and lied to the members who attended.
Something is quite not right upstairs

MAybe he has Alzheimers or he was nodding off during board meetings

Who was the voice in the transcripts that they couldnt identifty? A consultant?

forward pass

Coach
So the actual tape transcripts -

Director " turn the tape off"
Sharp "it is off mate" (recorded on tape)

lol. What a bunch of buffoons.

So the actual tape transcripts -

Director " turn the tape off"
Sharp "it is off mate" (recorded on tape)

lol. What a bunch of buffoons.

My guess is that it was stopped via a remote which can take a second or two to stop recording. Because after that there are no more notes because there is no more recording.

Last edited:

Oscarman

Juniors
Heard The Mole say this morning he is certain more clubs are knowingly cheating the salary cap than are not cheating it, but are obviously way smarter at it. He mentioned the old brown paper bags being given to brothers, cousins, friends of players etc, and any board level discussions being done anywhere but at board meetings so no-one hears or knows.

You can't fire someone for blushing ;-)

Well I certainly didn't realise we sacked him for wearing make up.

No No, concentrate on the typo made during the posting and not the context that we had a bloke signing contracts and making deals without the boards knowledge.

Said person is also the "Star Witness" for the NRL and buddy buddy with the NRL CEO, whom he might have pulled the same scam off with when at the Dogs.

No No, concentrate on the typo made during the posting and not the context that we had a bloke signing contracts and making deals without the boards knowledge.

Said person is also the "Star Witness" for the NRL and buddy buddy with the NRL CEO, whom he might have pulled the same scam off with when at the Dogs.

I don't think anyone is understating Seward's role, or his obvious incentives after being removed from his job at the club.

The fact that our governance structures and board oversight allowed the bloke to sign contracts and make deals without the board's knowledge doesn't concern you?

What evidence do you have against Greenberg, other than the fact the bloke you are blaming (and whose credibility you are rightly questioning) said that he spoke to Greenberg?

strider

Post Whore
I don't think anyone is understating Seward's role, or his obvious incentives after being removed from his job at the club.

The fact that our governance structures and board oversight allowed the bloke to sign contracts and make deals without the board's knowledge doesn't concern you?

What evidence do you have against Greenberg, other than the fact the bloke you are blaming (and whose credibility you are rightly questioning) said that he spoke to Greenberg?

The same mad merkin was probably the one who created the spreadsheets. Maybe we can claim he lives in fantasy land and its all made up.

This does strike me, as I remember speaking with Ovo when he was Chair one day and he told me he was off to the club to sign a contract with a player and only contracts signed by the board were binding.

Not against Greenburg so much other than that reported in this article and that he was Sewards reference when going for the CEO job.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...2fc638c6fea647

There was also a post I think in Salary Cap II or III that when Seward was at the Dogs, he purchased $100,000 of unlicensed club merch to sell as official at the ground and pocket the $$$$

This does strike me, as I remember speaking with Ovo when he was Chair one day and he told me he was off to the club to sign a contract with a player and only contracts signed by the board were binding.

Yeh, it is odd that things were able to get so far before the alarms went off. It's fine for the CEO to take the lead in negotiations, but nothing final should lead the office regarding player contracts until the Chair or a board sub-committee sign off.

Gronk

Staff member

Not against Greenburg so much other than that reported in this article and that he was Sewards reference when going for the CEO job.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...2fc638c6fea647

There was also a post I think in Salary Cap II or III that when Seward was at the Dogs, he purchased $100,000 of unlicensed club merch to sell as official at the ground and pocket the $$$$

They was also an allegation that Seward employed half his family and used to take cash takings home with him.

Yeh, it is odd that things were able to get so far before the alarms went off. It's fine for the CEO to take the lead in negotiations, but nothing final should lead the office regarding player contracts until the Chair or a board sub-committee sign off.

I was thinking about it as well as this is what stayed with me overnight, the CEO is normally also installed as the company Secretary so as such they can legally sign a contract on behalf of the club, but back in the day the Board wanted to be the ones to sign the contracts. So maybe some form of governance was removed or maybe this was part of Seward going rogue.

back in the day the Board wanted to be the ones to sign the contracts. So maybe some form of governance was removed or maybe this was part of Seward going rogue.

or maybe the board wanted a fall guy with his name all over the documents in case things went south not knowing he had access to tapes of them plotting the whole thing

seriously is this a professional sporting body or a jim carrey movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.