What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And trust me there are 1,000s of old merkins who want the ball fed into the middle of the scrum like the old days and want fitzy back.

Yeah that's right. And they've got their scapegoat - it's all Sharp's fault, just like it was all Spagnolo's fault before him. Now the club has no more problems and we'll become a powerhouse again, like we have been for the past 30 years.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Bill Moss was on 2GB yesterday talking about the eels.

He said he was lucky because if he got in 2 years ago, he would be right in the middle of this mess

But but but.. He's a qualified businessman who loves the club! Isn't our current mess all down to 'board incompetence' and/or 'self interest'?!?!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I didn't say what he would do just what he should believe he is capable of if he is such a good operator

I'd say Moss' point is that it doesn't matter how good you are. Our problems aren't a result of incompetence, they are entirely due to disunity.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
yeah it did wonders for the knights :roll:
for privatisation to work you need someone like rusty who is in it because they love the club not someone after a big payday who will jump ship when they start losing money

Tinkler dumped the Knights because he went broke, not because they weren't financially viable. And he didn't go broke because of the Knights, he went broke because of other businesses.

Although maybe his desire to own an NRL club was an indicator of his ability to make other financial decisions?

Delboy

First Grade
Don't buy the Terrorgraph, had to pick the boss up from getting nails done ( yeah, I know ), picked it up there and then boom

FFS, there are 6 full pages on the Eels cap, on the front and back page and 2 separate blocks of 2 pages inside

Didn't bother to read the crap, but obviously they won't let go, I am finding this agenda unbelievable, as I said earlier - it's easier to tune out

Underlines the need to put strong characters in position on the board of our club,I guess like Bernie Gurr and reinvent ourselves, but FMD it does smell of a Slothfield agenda

Oscarman

Juniors
Don't buy the Terrorgraph, had to pick the boss up from getting nails done ( yeah, I know ), picked it up there and then boom

FFS, there are 6 full pages on the Eels cap, on the front and back page and 2 separate blocks of 2 pages inside

Didn't bother to read the crap, but obviously they won't let go, I am finding this agenda unbelievable, as I said earlier - it's easier to tune out

Underlines the need to put strong characters in position on the board of our club,I guess like Bernie Gurr and reinvent ourselves, but FMD it does smell of a Slothfield agenda

Until all of this years points (playing for no points) and a couple more players have to be offloaded I don't think the Terror will give up. Maybe they also want next years points as well?

ash411

Bench
They're acting like the stuff they're printing in the last day or so is new information...

The stuff they lifted from the breach notice that was written by the NRL, so yeah, maybe they don't already know about it.. I mean, they only wrote it..

or maybe the board wanted a fall guy with his name all over the documents in case things went south not knowing he had access to tapes of them plotting the whole thing

seriously is this a professional sporting body or a jim carrey movie?

Plotting the whole thing ?

Sorry the transcripts I read and I am basing my opinion on are the ones in the article that seem to indicate that in 2014 the Board was working to set up another organization that would handle 3rd party deals legitimately (Like the Broncos have and other clubs as well like the roosters and bulldogs)

Fast forward to 2015 and the CEO has organised to pay a PR Consultant that works with the club an Extra $50K per year to give to a player (completely illegal and boarderline fraud) and our club is working to get the player happy and see what they can do with the supposed deal but they want to shy away from it.

strider

Post Whore
Plotting the whole thing ?

Sorry the transcripts I read and I am basing my opinion on are the ones in the article that seem to indicate that in 2014 the Board was working to set up another organization that would handle 3rd party deals legitimately (Like the Broncos have and other clubs as well like the roosters and bulldogs)

Fast forward to 2015 and the CEO has organised to pay a PR Consultant that works with the club an Extra $50K per year to give to a player (completely illegal and boarderline fraud) and our club is working to get the player happy and see what they can do with the supposed deal but they want to shy away from it.

I dont know if anyone can clearly say alot of the transcript stuff is definite intention to cheat on a massive scale or not. And alot of what they are discussing might be very limited to a few players.

The big spreadsheet might contain alot of legit TPAs ... it contains MPAs which are a legit thing.

But the bit about that PR chick is dodgy as. Though some of the transcript comes across as wtf is seward doing the dipshit.

But then the big failure comes in that even if it was all seward and his clearly f**ked up head, our head honchos clearly knew of it after it happened and never came clean when they had the chance ... and that has pissed the NRL off.

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
I dont know if anyone can clearly say alot of the transcript stuff is definite intention to cheat on a massive scale or not. And alot of what they are discussing might be very limited to a few players.

The big spreadsheet might contain alot of legit TPAs ... it contains MPAs which are a legit thing.

But the bit about that PR chick is dodgy as. Though some of the transcript comes across as wtf is seward doing the dipshit.

But then the big failure comes in that even if it was all seward and his clearly f**ked up head, our head honchos clearly knew of it after it happened and never came clean when they had the chance ... and that has pissed the NRL off.

Why on earth they didnt tell them last year when we were no hope of making the semis was just stupidity.
Now we have stuffed this season up trying to hide the mess from the past.

Why on earth they didnt tell them last year when we were no hope of making the semis was just stupidity.

Well we can't say to much on that because we don't have more information, maybe that is what is being prepared by the club as a retort.

Either way these are technical breaches (non disclosure) as far as I understand it. (Which could mean we lose 4 points due to our probation)

The big question to me is that none of this talks about TPA's that are currently in effect or if the club has replaced the dodgy TPA's with legitimate TPA's.

If we have why has the 2016 TPA's been added to our cap regardless and hence the reason we lost our points and Choc and Peatsy?

These are the questions these sensational headlines and extracts fail to answer and they have the most impact on our season and the end result of this investigation.

strider

Post Whore

It might indicate an intention to keep on doing dodgys for all we know

I completely believe all teams have to do something dodgy to be competative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts