What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels sign Fa'aoso

caylo

Bench
he was a good young backrower when he waws in the NRL, but if reports are true that he has gained weight and playing some prop to, then id consider him the perfect bench option. Although if he performs to his potential, i would have to say it would be hard keeping him out of the starting 13

Ron Jeremy

Coach
He'll be a good buy.

This is the best Parra squad i've seen since 2001.

Plenty of experince and youth, but the pleasing factor is it is potentially is alot more deadlier in attack then 2001.

Very excited, lets just pray for no serious long term injuries, and pray we don't choke come semi's.

caylo

Bench
Rod your definatlty right, in 2001 we had so many points of attack, any of Lyon Vaealiki and Hodgson could create somthing out of nothing, this is similar with players like Hayne, Tahu, Grothe, there, and youngsters like Lett and Inu also likly to play a few games. the most impressive thing to me is our forward pack, Cayless, Hindmarsh x 2, Moimoi, Tsulous, Cordoba, Wagon, Robenson, Cannings and now fa'aoso. So much depth there great to see

Eelementary

Post Whore
On paper we look great. But that's been our problem for years.

I mean, on paper, the 2006 season should have been just as good (if not better) than the 2005 season.

What worries me is that some of our forwards haven't played well for a long time - Cannings being one of them. If he gets fit and confident, look out! But if he doesn't...

caylo

Bench
I think this is why Cannings should start in PL, and if his good enough he will push his way through. If his not we have 4-5 players who have NRL experiance at prop, plus a few youngsters coming through. Honestly though, as long as Cayless, and Moi Moi stay on the feild i don't think it will matter to much who is on the bench 2 replace them. They are our best two props and both need to fire.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Cannings is our most creative forward, he awesome line break abilities plus a very good offload, positional players need to be wary of this.

I'd start him on the bench, i just no how good this bloke can be. I've seen him just carve up some very good defensive lines.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm definitely not as excited about the calibre of players we have at our disposal in the NRL squad as I have been in previous years as i have a concern with the amount of Experianced first graders in the squad, however I'm sallavating at the sort of talent coming through the ranks that are less than 20 years of age but that doesn't mean that they will step up to the plate this year and become house hold names in FG.

Personally I'm very conservative about our chances this year as it depends on a number of factors which include the health and form of our over all squad and that includes Part time and Flegg players who will probably be thrown opportunities in first grade.

Avenger

Immortal
Fa'aoso and Finch will be the buys of the year. I rate Fa'aoso as potentially a better player then Frank Pritchard.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
i still think our foward pack lacks something....just that hard head mentallity (except fui)....imo our fowards wont be able to match it with an in-form bulldogs, broncos etc foward pack.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Prodigal Eel said:
i still think our foward pack lacks something....just that hard head mentallity (except fui)....imo our fowards wont be able to match it with an in-form bulldogs, broncos etc foward pack.

I kinda feel the same way..it's very important that blokes like Weller, Zeb, JC and Feleti realise their full potential and make a real fist of their opportunities, because we suimply need them too to be competative against the blokes you mentioned.

Utey

Coach
eelavation said:
I kinda feel the same way..it's very important that blokes like Weller, Zeb, JC and Feleti realise their full potential and make a real fist of their opportunities, because we suimply need them too to be competative against the blokes you mentioned.
'

Our seasons banking on it...

Our squad has so much "potential" but it always seems that so much pressure is put on them to step up and perform that they usually fall off the scale pretty quick.

Parraren

Bench
I'm genuinely excited about this signing. From the limited times I saw this guy play in the NRL he looked impressive and full of potential. Good to hear he's bulked up to play front row because we were looking a tad thin in the prop dept.

I think Richard will be fighting it out with Cordoba, Cannings & Tsoulos for the two bench prop spots come Round 1 with Caylo & Moi Moi cemented in the 8 & 10 jerseys.

I'm actually pretty excited about our bench too.

I think Fa'aoso and/or Cannings can be our real strike weapons from the bench now that Moi Moi has shown he can be a starting prop. At the same time i'm really hoping Feleti Mateo can give us the same sort of spark in the second row that Dean Widders used to...if not we have the reliability of guys like Wagon & Lowrie to cover this position.

14. Marsh
15. Mateo / Lowrie / Wagon
16. Cordoba / Tsoulos
17. Fa'aoso / Cannings

I think the two Hindy's + Robbo will fill out 11-13 giving us a very well rounded and experienced set of forwards.

yy_cheng

Coach
I know alot of people don't agree but I am not keen having 3 workaholic backrowers on the field at one time as I feel it weakens our go forward.

i.e. Wagon, Hindy, iHindy, Chad.

I much prefer a pack with 2 workaholic backrowers and 3 metres gainers (or where 1 of the metre gainers is a ball player).

Something like the dogs had :

13. SBW 12. Ryan 11. Mason 10. O'Meley 8 . Asotasi

Therefore, for Parra I would like to see.

13. Wagon/Chad/iHindy
12. Faaso
11. Hindy
10. Cannings/FFMM
9. Riddell
8. Caylo

14. Marsh
15. Cordoba
16. FFMM/Cannings
17. Mateo

Hagan also tends to like the go forward style forwards

D

Deleted member 10972

8. Cayless
9. Riddell
10. Cordoba
11. N Hindmarsh
12. I Hindmarsh (Fa'aoso if Ian struggles)
13. Robinson

14. Marsh
15. Mateo/Lowrie/Wagon
16. Moimoi
17. Fa'aoso (Cannings if Ian struggles)