What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels stars set to walk

Crusher

Coach
Mr Saab said:
Very true.
Left Balmain to go to the Bears...ohh the irony in that one.
Left the bears to go to the Cowboys.
Left the cowboys to play in sydney and play for a team that would expose him to the selectors....what happens? The cowboys make the GF (29-0 would have hurt) and he didnt play orgin and wont come close this yr.

Whatever happned to the days when it was a rarity for players to change clubs. These days...even if you're raised by the club you still either get pinched or they leave for the mullah.

As Bobby Fulton once said maybe we need to seriously look at decent transfer fees payed to clubs losing younger players. That way at least a junior who is basically brought up by the club could actually benefit the club and not another club who piches them.

From what I can recall here was the basic overall Bozo system.

1.Top 30 NRL players contracted to the NRL similar to cricket and receive payments based on rankings over and above the salary cap. Hence then the salary cap inflation issue is stopped.

2. Any player at a club at any level for more than five years and under 25, would receive an NRL bonus for staying at the club upon contract renewal. Should he leave the club , the club he is going to would fork out the bonus and pay it to him over an above his new contract. This breeds loyalty and does not affect the players ability to earn additional income as he will get it from either NRL or new club.

3. 10 year players to receive NRL subsidies on new contracts

4. 10 year 1 team players to receive 'retirement bonus' just like long service,.

There were more but they escape me

Glen

Bench
The Tele is really having a field day :roll:

Of the "dozen" players who are supposedly about to "follow Smith out the door," Widders and Morris have expressed a desire to stay at Parra. The only ones listed worth keeping IMO are Widders and Morrison, neither of which cannot be replaced

LESStar58

Referee
Beaver said:
I mean i hate parra with a passion and i always wish bad things to happen to them but ffs im starting to feel sorry for them.

I hate Parra as well....

But I'm with SirKnight 82!

:D

The Punter

Juniors
Haven't seen much of the Eels this year, can someone tell me how Stringer has been going? He was touted as a superstar a few years ago and if a team could get him to that form he might be a good (maybe even cheap) pickup.

The Colonel

Immortal
Stringer had a very good season last year. This year I'd be happy to have anyone take him off our hands.

McLovin

Staff member
I don't feel sorry for them. IMO, i speak on behalf of everyone else in saying "I'd rather it be them, than us"...

Master Vippo

Juniors
I can't see Hagan saving the day with brilliant recruitment and selections tho. Just ask any regular on the knights board on what they think og Hagan's selection policies

benno

Juniors
rumors circulating too that Tahu wants out causse he dosent get along with Hages at all.
Possibly returning to Newy...Just a rumour but

eelsta

Bench
benno said:
rumors circulating too that Tahu wants out causse he dosent get along with Hages at all.
Possibly returning to Newy...Just a rumour but

:crazy: thats garbage

The Colonel

Immortal
vippo19 said:
I can't see Hagan saving the day with brilliant recruitment and selections tho. Just ask any regular on the knights board on what they think og Hagan's selection policies

Ask any Parramatta fan about Smith's selection policies. I'm sure you'll drum up some very similar answers. Smith is very good at building internal structure and benefiting from that. Hopefully the Knights don't persist with him as long as the Eels did and get someone in to work with the structure that he builds.

benno

Juniors
dude why is that garbage??? uve heard tahu publicy say he dosent want hagan thinking he can change him to a winger again...it has some point to it this rumour..tho i doubt we'll be able to afford him..yet i also dont know our finacial outlook haha