What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels v Storm GAME DAY THREAD

Bazal

Post Whore
The thing i find interesting about it is ... if the opposition knock on and you decide to kick, it is considered you took your advantage ... but isnt throwing a 20m pass not too different to kicking? ... dumb play

Yeah we were very lucky on the whole with that play. Moses had a good game but that was a bit of a brain snap.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
...and yet Guth remains at the back. I reckon BA thinks they're both fullbacks (as I do) but is slowly coming around to the idea that Guth is the better option in our structure. You'll get there too once he says as much in a presser.
I never denied Gutherson is a fullback. I just don't think French is a winger.

IFR33K

Coach
I think French is a one dimensional finisher on the wing. Fine back in the 90s but these days your go forward starts from the kick return. Anyway, he seems to be getting stronger, and we are winning so why change things?

He does have his limitations on the wing, but not many wingers could of scored the try he did against the dogs.

But I agree, we're winning so why change it now?

hindy111

Post Whore
Is it 100% though? Or is a mock 0%?

Hindy is being very kind to himself if he reckons he's still anywhere near 85%

Kane Evans and Meehan will transform our pack.

Falou will be a solid first grader.

Write it down.

Gronk

Staff member
I think French is a one dimensional finisher on the wing. Fine back in the 90s but these days your go forward starts from the kick return. Anyway, he seems to be getting stronger, and we are winning so why change things?
I reckon he's cross kicking bc he lacks the burn pace that he had last year.

You merkins reckon he's lost pace or is it a confidence thing.

Yes Pou I reckon he rucked it solo tonight a few times that he was too chicken to do in previous weeks.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He does have his limitations on the wing, but not many wingers could of scored the try he did against the dogs.

But I agree, we're winning so why change it now?
Yeah he's a great finisher. If we need that more than go forward from our right winger then it's understandable why we're using the current set up.

Bazal

Post Whore
It wouldnt matter if it was a kick or not they were all offside

Yeah but from a ricochet they can be in front and within ten, so the only relevant players would be any who chased Moses and Young Onomatopoeia.

They didn't show a replay so I've got NFI if it would have changed the call. I'm just saying they could easily have checked it and found a potential try. They backed themselves, which is good, and blew it up early but it could have been different and definitely was a call that went our way.

Bazal

Post Whore
I reckon he's cross kicking bc he lacks the burn pace that he had last year.

You merkins reckon he's lost pace or is it a confidence thing.

Yes Pou I reckon he rucked it solo tonight a few times that he was too chicken to do in previous weeks.

I reckon he's doing it cos it worked for him a couple of times more than anything. He was marked by another genuine speedster tonight and still burnt him a couple of times.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I never denied Gutherson is a fullback. I just don't think French is a winger.
Yet he made more metres than Vanuvali and Addo-Carr tonight...two of the best wingers in the competition. He also set up an exceptional try, scored one himself and made some very smart runs out of dummy half when we needed it.

What does the poor guy need to do to change your mind?

Bazal

Post Whore
Yet he made more metres than Vanuvali and Addo-Carr tonight...two of the best wingers in the competition. He also set up an exceptional try, scored one himself and made some very smart runs out of dummy half when we needed it.

What does the poor guy need to do to change your mind?

Is JAC that good, though?

It's a bit of a tangent, but besides pace does he offer a lot else? I'm not sure he does tbh