What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels v Storm GAME DAY THREAD

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I see four of our middle forwards (all except Mannah and Moeroa) made 100 metres against the massive Storm pack. Maybe the respective kicking games actually do have something to do with it.

And Mannah made 45 metres from 4 runs in bugger all mins maybe 15 mins. He would have probably make a 100m too.

hindy111

Post Whore
Mannah gets hia every game.
I missed the back to back peno and eels win. But i will try catch a replay.

Storm are depleted but they added rochow and myles.

Beau scott,de gois,hoffman, mau, kaysa,frank,terepo
Granted only Terepo,Mau,beau de gois and kaysa make this top 17. Still 5 and tim missed most game.

strider

Post Whore
If the refs called the forward pass correctly then Gutho wouldn't have needed to take JAC out.

I agree about going to the Bunker though cause I thought it came off his feet too but didn't see a replay.

They are just plain bad. It's embarrassing!
They cant go to the bunker for that ... the rules only allowed bunker involvement for tries, foul play and restarts

Bazal

Post Whore
King has once again impressed. His service is good, his defence has been ok, he can clearly kick and he made some good metres from dummy half. I think a combo of King and Kaysa could work quite well next year.

Peats would still be top of my list, but given Smith has shown he's a useful enough backup if needed, I'd rather a King/Kaysa combo than Lichaa....

Bazal

Post Whore
They cant go to the bunker for that ... the rules only allowed bunker involvement for tries, foul play and restarts

The Tonumaipea break? They could have let him score and gone to the bunker, but they called it back.

They never actually showed a replay so I have NFI if it was the right or wrong call, but they could certainly have let play continue and checked it but they blew the whistle early and pulled him up.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Storms 2 props kept them in the game, NAS and Bromwich, showed the weak spot in our team, can't be fixed this year, the rest of the team is covered except the size and dominance from the front row
Our middle mightn't be the best at slowing the opposition but they are great at working hard and pushing across, which means our defenders rarely get isolated.
King played well, we came off the boil a bit when he went off. Refs were there usual self, but the big boys of the Storm really stood up and showed what we need to compete at that level
I thought King was solid, but his workrate was pretty ordinary, and as I saw it he was taken off because we started struggling in the middle.

Anyway, our middle defence could be described as bend-but-don't-break, and it appears to be working.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There are pros and cons for the French/guth, wing/fullback debate. Anyone who thinks they have the answer is dreaming!!!!
I think French is a one dimensional finisher on the wing. Fine back in the 90s but these days your go forward starts from the kick return. Anyway, he seems to be getting stronger, and we are winning so why change things?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The Tonumaipea break? They could have let him score and gone to the bunker, but they called it back.

They never actually showed a replay so I have NFI if it was the right or wrong call, but they could certainly have let play continue and checked it but they blew the whistle early and pulled him up.

If that went to the video ref, and it was determined it came off his foot (thus a kick), surely we then get a penalty as half the storm players were off side - in front of the kicker.

strider

Post Whore

The thing i find interesting about it is ... if the opposition knock on and you decide to kick, it is considered you took your advantage ... but isnt throwing a 20m pass not too different to kicking? ... dumb play

Happy MEel

First Grade
There are pros and cons for the French/guth, wing/fullback debate. Anyone who thinks they have the answer is dreaming!!!!
We're 6 - 2 with Guth at the back this year. Call me a dreamer but that's pretty bloody conclusive in my eyes.

Bazal

Post Whore
If that went to the video ref, and it was determined it came off his foot (thus a kick), surely we then get a penalty as half the storm players were off side - in front of the kicker.

Except it wouldn't have been a kick.