What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels V. Storm, Game Thread

oldmancraigy

Coach
If Melbourne can teach a bunch of nuffies to tackle, why can't we???

Which nuffies?

Let's not forget that this is the finest collection of youngsters that money could buy (literally).

They didn't just cheat to get Slater/Smith/Inglis/Cronk locked away.
They cheated to get Blair etc as well.

Then they cheated to get guys like Duffie/Widdop to the club in the first place.

And the 'penalty' for the cheating was to change the records, but pretty well let them keep the fruit of the cheating...

hypothetical example (using made up numbers!):
Smith gets paid $500k per season - the cheating salary was $500k + $300k in club organised endorsements/cap rorts
Instead of being forced to count him as $800k against this years cap (and so be forced to lose a lot of mid level talent AND young talent) the Storm are allowed to ditch the $300k amount and just count him as $500k.

Cheats prosper... hate the Storm!

oldmancraigy

Coach
Hayne doesnt look right to me.Keanrye is trying to bring a style instead of playing to our strenghts.We should build our game around Hayne.We have no offload no nothing

I think Hayne has a mild hammy strain atm.

He's always banging his leg to try and loosen it.

I disagree with you on the offloads thing - I say let Kearney bring his style in. Will take a few weeks/ months - but will be well worth the wait.

Kornstar

Coach
It took Bellamy a few yrs before the Storm were competitive. It helps when you ahve the best spine in the comp by a mile. look at our spine???? 0 creativity bar Hayne.

Pretty sure Bellamy has made the 8 every year with the exception of last year and they would if they were playing for points!

He didn't have the best spine back then, he made them the best!

Joely01

Bench
No, Now ive been told its not the refs fault...They have just a made a few bad calls.

Melbourne is a champion team with a champion coach.
Bellamy reminds me alot of Warren Ryan...Take any team to a grand final.

Yet Bellamy couldnt win us a state of origin???

fish eel

Immortal
This is shows what a tough job Kearney has. Trying to transform the way the side plays while at the same time rebuilding the squad.

When you look at the players that we lost from last year, Cayless, Mateo, Tahu, Keating, Grothe, Inu, whilst opinion on here is divided about some of those guys, it's without a doubt IMO that the guys that came into the club arent a patch on those blokes.

Should we go back to a more ad lib style? With who, is what I'd ask. We plaed our best ad lib footy when Cayless was passing before the line and Mateo was running amok. REally doubt ad lib footy suits the blokes we have.

Gower won't help us.
loko has the ball striped two in the tackle and Cronk tells Archer that he lost so Archer listens to cronk and packs a scrum.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Loko looks good I suppose?

Couple of mistakes, but he looks up to it physically - takes a power of stopping! One bright thing to come out of the day.

Forty20

First Grade
Can't fault Loko for effort, has easily looked our most dangerous back with the ball in hand.

Going up against arguably the best team in the comp and he hasn't looked out of place.

Latest posts