What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels vs Broncos game thread

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Kicking game was terrible, there was virtually no set plays, we didnt have a halfback tonight, we made a sh*tload of mistakes. I dont know whats gone wrong, Im just disgusted in tonights performance.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Not blaming Kearney at all, he can only pick from what's at his disposal which isn't much since he was appointed too late to do any sort of decent recruitment.

yep but then posters complain when Kearney and Co make a effort to put some depth into the squad when they make CHEAP player signings like

- Ryan
- Paulo
- Tautia

plus more to come. Depth means greater competition for spots which means players need to perform at a greater level, thus hopefully improveD performance in the NRL

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Kicking game was terrible, there was virtually no set plays, we didnt have a halfback tonight, we made a sh*tload of mistakes. I dont know whats gone wrong, Im just disgusted in tonights performance.

Mate there were plenty of set plays tonight , we just couldn't finish them of. The two main set plays being, the inside pass aroudn the ruck, and the backline movement on Loco's side where we cut out a player or two, noramlly Hayne is the chief play maker in it or Robson, we jsut lack the class/pasing game to finish the play tonight.

Eels Dude

Coach
Not blaming Kearney at all, he can only pick from what's at his disposal which isn't much since he was appointed too late to do any sort of decent recruitment.

That is the clubs fault then. But he did have Humble, Robson, and Mortimor to choose from. He wasn't forced to pick a Maitua/ Maguire halves combo this week so using the old 'we played a backrower at 5'8th and a utility at halfback' isn't really an excuse for why we lost today because we weren't forced into playing our team that way.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But he did have Humble, Robson, and Mortimor to choose from.

I don't think he did.

Everybody knows the importance of a kicking game, and if any of those three were available they would have played.

I reckon Robson is genuinely injured, and the other two were genuinely unavailable due to the 'rep' match.

Eels Dude

Coach
yep but then posters complain when Kearney and Co make a effort to put some depth into the squad when they make CHEAP player signings like

- Ryan
- Paulo
- Tautia

plus more to come. Depth means greater competition for spots which means players need to perform at a greater level, thus hopefully improveD performance in the NRL

I don't think anyone is complaining about us recruiting for depth, moreso wondering why we are prioritising our depth signings over improving our actual top squad.

We did the same thing last year, yet a lot of people on here bag out our recruitment for last year. But those same people seem to be praising our recruitment for 2012 when we've done the exact same thing.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That is the clubs fault then. But he did have Humble, Robson, and Mortimor to choose from. He wasn't forced to pick a Maitua/ Maguire halves combo this week so using the old 'we played a backrower at 5'8th and a utility at halfback' isn't really an excuse for why we lost today because we weren't forced into playing our team that way.
So you are complaining the coach didn't pick Robbo or Morts lol. Sorry just cracked me up, shows how bad we are going we didn't pick the worst halves Combo in the comp.

Eels Dude

Coach
I reckon Robson is genuinely injured, and the other two were genuinely unavailable due to the 'rep' match.

Club games were given precedence over the Residents game. One of Newcastle's players was was originally selected for this silly 'rep game' but then they called him up for first grade and he was officially replaced in the NSW side.

Eels Dude

Coach
So you are complaining the coach didn't pick Robbo or Morts lol. Sorry just cracked me up, shows how bad we are going we didn't pick the worst halves Combo in the comp.

No. But if you are going to use the excuse that we were playing non halves in the halves positions as an excuse for losing, then the coach has to cop the criticism for that if he had genuine halves available. You cannot have it both ways.

We all still laugh at when Brian Smith played Corey Pearson at halfback. But it's utterly ridiculious to look back and say "the reason we lost that match was because we had a front rower playing halfback".

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Club games were given precedence over the Residents game. One of Newcastle's players was was originally selected for this silly 'rep game' but then they called him up for first grade and he was officially replaced in the NSW side.

But if Robson was a late withdrawal it might not have been possible to get them in on such short notice.

Eels Dude

Coach
But if Robson was a late withdrawal it might not have been possible to get them in on such short notice.

Humble was shown in the crowd watching the game with the rest of unavailable team-mates sitting alongside Hayne, Reddy, and Pele. Didn't catch a shot of Morts though.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Kearney hasn't played a non-halfback at 6 all year, until tonight.

There's no way he would have chosen to change the shape of the team unless he was forced to. We'll see next week if Reni plays in the 6 jersey.

It's not Kearney's style to play without two organisers in the halves. Just because Morts or Humble were physically present doesn't mean they could just be thrown into the team. Especially if they hadn't trained with them.

Kornstar

Coach
Just wondering when Kearney can be held accountable?

He has had this team since November, right? The effort was there from individuals but as a team we are shit, is it not the coaches job to make them a team?

They do not work for each other and after the "toughest pre season ever" and 17 rounds of footy, they look like strangers.

The Bronco's on the other hand changed coaches 2 weeks before kick off and they looked very committed even without their best players!!!!!

If anyone is happy with the team performance tonight, they have rocks in their heads!!!!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I think after half a season he should definitely take sole responsibility. :roll:

He has had this team since November, right? The effort was there from individuals but as a team we are shit, is it not the coaches job to make them a team?

I think the team effort was there but some players just aren't individually up to it.

We did everything better than the Broncos except win. We just lacked speed at the end - speed in cover defence and speed in attacking support play.

Let's not forget the utter lack of any good kickers at all on the field.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

They do not work for each other and after the "toughest pre season ever" and 17 rounds of footy, they look like strangers.

The Bronco's on the other hand changed coaches 2 weeks before kick off and they looked very committed even without their best players!!!!!

If anyone is happy with the team performance tonight, they have rocks in their heads!!!!!
You can't make Strawberry Jam out of Pigshit Korny.

How many Parra players would have cracked the Bronco's team 1-7??? Then throw in Keating who was pretty average again tonight and thats a massive chunk of the side. Same story as last year forwards can only lay a platform if the halves and backs aren't up to it you have no hope. Hoffman,Norman,my friend Dane,Beale and Reed are all very good young players, we have Loko who was injured 2 back rowers and Burt who i thought was very good and Walker who is well past it. Casey just isn't up to playing 80 mins anymore and Reni who played his first game in over 2 years. But year we should have smashed them :roll:

Kornstar

Coach
I think after half a season he should definitely take sole responsibility. :roll:

I think the team effort was there but some players just aren't individually up to it.

We did everything better than the Broncos except win. We just lacked speed at the end - speed in cover defence and speed in attacking support play.

Let's not forget the utter lack of any good kickers at all on the field.

I was at the game and I can tell you we did nothing better than Brisbane! They were enthusiastic, we weren't, we couldn't keep up with them!

You can't make Strawberry Jam out of Pigshit Korny.

How many Parra players would have cracked the Bronco's team 1-7??? Then throw in Keating who was pretty average again tonight and thats a massive chunk of the side. Same story as last year forwards can only lay a platform if the halves and backs aren't up to it you have no hope. Hoffman,Norman,my friend Dane,Beale and Reed are all very good young players, we have Loko who was injured 2 back rowers and Burt who i thought was very good and Walker who is well past it. Casey just isn't up to playing 80 mins anymore and Reni who played his first game in over 2 years. But year we should have smashed them :roll:

The coach re-signed Keating for 2 more years!

The coach played Reni at half back, he has left an ordinary Casey at 5/8th again in a game where he could have used Humble and Mortimer who have looked better at Wenty!

Yes he is a rookie, it is not all his fault, some players need to look at themselves but some of you seem to think he is a protected species.......

Last night was embarrassing and someone has to take responsibility, apart from 2 very good games against the top sides, it has pretty much been the same old shit they have dished up for a decade!

7 months and no change, how many excuses can you make?

Recruitment has also been uninspiring, our best signing is a halfback who is still inconsistent!

I don't see much changing next year either.

I was at the game and I can tell you we did nothing better than Brisbane! They were enthusiastic, we weren't, we couldn't keep up with them!

The coach re-signed Keating for 2 more years!

The coach played Reni at half back, he has left an ordinary Casey at 5/8th again in a game where he could have used Humble and Mortimer who have looked better at Wenty!

Yes he is a rookie, it is not all his fault, some players need to look at themselves but some of you seem to think he is a protected species.......

Last night was embarrassing and someone has to take responsibility, apart from 2 very good games against the top sides, it has pretty much been the same old shit they have dished up for a decade!

7 months and no change, how many excuses can you make?

Recruitment has also been uninspiring, our best signing is a halfback who is still inconsistent!

I don't see much changing next year either.

Reni was playing 5/8 so your whole argument KAKA

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Reni was playing 5/8 so your whole argument KAKA
Beat me to it mate, I'll say it again how many Parra players 1-7 last night would have cracked the Broncos team?? And The young Broncos hooker is lightyears ahead of Keating. If Morts and Humble are our
Saviours we never had a chance to begin with.

Latest posts