What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels vs Broncos game thread

Kornstar

Coach
Reni was playing 5/8 so your whole argument KAKA

:roll:

He fed the scrum and got plenty of first touches and was named there, which is what I actually meant, he looked better when he was playing 5/8th though!

Beat me to it mate, I'll say it again how many Parra players 1-7 last night would have cracked the Broncos team?? And The young Broncos hooker is lightyears ahead of Keating. If Morts and Humble are our
Saviours we never had a chance to begin with.

Morts and Humble are nowhere near saviors but they have atleast been playing together for Wenty!

The coach signed Keating did he not? He thinks he is good, I don't but the coach does and as you said, Brisbane have a much better hooker......are we allowed to criticise him for signing Keating?

I can't believe any of you guys think that it is ok to lose to an understrength Brisbane team....Handy obviously didn't think it was judging by his reaction after the game.......

spartan2153

Juniors
Beat me to it mate, I'll say it again how many Parra players 1-7 last night would have cracked the Broncos team?? And The young Broncos hooker is lightyears ahead of Keating. If Morts and Humble are our
Saviours we never had a chance to begin with.

Yet we sign keating for 2 more years. Last night we looked like hanging for them to make a mistake. People can say whatever they want. A loss is a loss. Last year we lost 5 hapless by 2 points. Yet we were fed we played graph. Our attitude is worse this year.

We need to sign genuine starters & worry about depth signings with what is left on thhe market. Tahu was told yep wasn't wanted by kearney so that was his call to not have him. Injurys are part of the game every team deals with them. Plus poore what not have change many results this year.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
:roll:

He fed the scrum and got plenty of first touches and was named there, which is what I actually meant, he looked better when he was playing 5/8th though!

Morts and Humble are nowhere near saviors but they have atleast been playing together for Wenty!

The coach signed Keating did he not? He thinks he is good, I don't but the coach does and as you said, Brisbane have a much better hooker......are we allowed to criticise him for signing Keating?

I can't believe any of you guys think that it is ok to lose to an understrength Brisbane team....Handy obviously didn't think it was judging by his reaction after the game.......

And you don't think the eels side was under strength as well ? Our side would be a lot different if we had every avaialble player in the squad to pick from. We jsut don't have tthe depth. That is the difference between the eels and the broncos, they have a very good squad with a lot of depth, which a lot comes back to our poor form in the 20's over the last few years / lack of ability to get juniors into the NRL side. Look at the Broncos last night a lot of their side have graduated from their under 20's sides from the last few years, however the eels would be lucky to have 5 or so players to move up from the under 20's to the NRL side from the last 3-4 years (Allgood, Morgan, Loco, Mannah, POH, Mortimer is all I can think of and only Mannah is a regular and the rest apart from Mortimer made their debut this year - pretty crap). It shows how not focusing on junior develop can really affect a squad.

Now this is something that Obsourne in the media and a few posters in the know have been stating that Kearney and co have been fixing behind the scene. But the problem with this is us fans don't see what is happening, thuis we get frustrated as we think the club is not doing anything to fix the problem. This is doemstrated for example by the first time in a while the eels have actually poached two very good juniors from other clubs - the SG halback from Manly and backrower from the Bulldogs, when was the last time this happened ?

- it will take time, but the wait will hopefully bring results on the field.

True EEL

Bench
F##k me.....how is Keating being targetd again as a weak link, he was one of our few good players (again) tonight

spartan2153

Juniors
F##k me.....how is Keating being targetd again as a weak link, he was one of our few good players (again) tonight

Not being targeted but to someone said there rookie boiler is better than our 4 year veteran hooker. Hence why I question

Why was he re signed so early if there was better available talent.

Kornstar

Coach
And you don't think the eels side was under strength as well ? Our side would be a lot different if we had every avaialble player in the squad to pick from. We jsut don't have tthe depth. That is the difference between the eels and the broncos, they have a very good squad with a lot of depth, which a lot comes back to our poor form in the 20's over the last few years / lack of ability to get juniors into the NRL side. Look at the Broncos last night a lot of their side have graduated from their under 20's sides from the last few years, however the eels would be lucky to have 5 or so players to move up from the under 20's to the NRL side from the last 3-4 years (Allgood, Morgan, Loco, Mannah, POH, Mortimer is all I can think of and only Mannah is a regular and the rest apart from Mortimer made their debut this year - pretty crap). It shows how not focusing on junior develop can really affect a squad.

Now this is something that Obsourne in the media and a few posters in the know have been stating that Kearney and co have been fixing behind the scene. But the problem with this is us fans don't see what is happening, thuis we get frustrated as we think the club is not doing anything to fix the problem. This is doemstrated for example by the first time in a while the eels have actually poached two very good juniors from other clubs - the SG halback from Manly and backrower from the Bulldogs, when was the last time this happened ?

- it will take time, but the wait will hopefully bring results on the field.

I am glad that you are happy and can see something happening, I just can't, we look to have gone backwards. Last night was a low point!

True EEL

Bench
To he honest, I haven't noticed him since the Dragons game......that is concerning......

that's because he is busy making about 50 tackles a game....

umm, he scored the first try (on his own) against the Raiders because he couldn't be bothered passing to his impotent halves (Robson and McGuire)

and he was involved in the runaway try tonight

:crazy:

spartan2153

Juniors
that's because he is busy making about 50 tackles a game....

umm, he scored the first try (on his own) against the Raiders because he couldn't be bothered passing to his impotent halves (Robson and McGuire)

and he was involved in the runaway try tonight

Whichshould not have been a try. He threw it forward but lucky got missed

strider

Post Whore
I don't think anyone should be upset with any fan not being happy .... did you notice Hindy after the game? - he was f'n livid - haven't seen him react like that for ages

we did well against st george and manly .... but its incredibly disappointing when you can't lift and win games that are really must win games .... sure we don't have a great team, but it'd be really nice to enjoy seeing our team lift and win games like you see other teams do when their chips are down

TheParraboy

Staff member
I don't think anyone should be upset with any fan not being happy .... did you notice Hindy after the game? - he was f'n livid - haven't seen him react like that for ages

I reckon he was pissed the game didnt go into extra time so he can clock on some more tackles :sarcasm:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I was at the game and I can tell you we did nothing better than Brisbane! They were enthusiastic, we weren't, we couldn't keep up with them!

Yet we dominated field position, completed more sets, made more metres, missed less tackles and made heaps more offloads.

And still it was three linebreaks each, and three tries to two. Because we had players out there who just aren't up to it.

We didn't lose because we were out-enthused. We lost because we didn't have the speed to cover our mistakes, or capitalise on theirs.

Also, our kicking game sucked balls.

True EEL

Bench
Yet we dominated field position, completed more sets, made more metres, missed less tackles and made heaps more offloads.

And still it was three linebreaks each, and three tries to two. Because we had players out there who just aren't up to it.

We didn't lose because we were out-enthused. We lost because we didn't have the speed to cover our mistakes, or capitalise on theirs.

Also, our kicking game sucked balls.

Pou Pou, i know what you're saying going by the stats, but in this instance i agree with Kornstar, and although i only watched it on the TV (not at the game), to me, you could see that (especially at critical moments) the Broncos wanted it more than us - as a team..... :(

True EEL

Bench
yeah I noticed Manese was put on for 4 minutes at one stage.

its crazy huh? no forward can work into a game in such short spaces of time, its ridiculous. The only time a team should be using so few interchanges or using players as true impact players in short bursts is if they have their sh!t sorted and our setting the pace in the comp and have things nailed down.....not when you are trying to build some form and build combinations!!!

we are not in a position of having the luxury of playing like a well oiled machine that can sparingly use subs - ala parra in 2001 under BS and at times like St. George now under WB - personally, i don't know what SK is thinking

Pazza

First Grade
We are carrying 5 Props atm! It's amazing even with Mannah and Poore not available, that we could field 5 FG quality props!!! And we still have Peni the Beast marinating in NYC :D