What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elimination Final vs Bulldogs

betcats

Referee
I thought Peter Wallace was great and JFH really stood up defensively along with Cleary. Mansour is such a beast I was cheering like a madman on his second try, and those hands! Carty was a little off but he had some good runs, I'll back him now to have a good game next week.

Gareth67

First Grade
Although I am from another forum I just wish to say that it was a pleasure to watch the young Panthers rub the Bullgrubs noses into the turf .

If I may compare it to seeing an old Yank-Tank ( Bullgrub forward pack ) being blown off the park by a new fuel-injected Monaro !

Great to watch , and best of luck in the rest of the series .

Last edited:

The Teach

Juniors
Griffin said in his press conference "there is no rule that say you have to kick on the fifth tackle". The Dogs didn't get a rest and their arses were dragging very close to the floor as the game went on. Sam looked like he could be off to ER for some oxygen. In the EPL they have a great chant for players they consider to be fat. "Who ate all the pies?" goes the chant. I am no inspector Morse, but I suspect Sam Kasiano could be number one suspect. Does he have an alibi?

So in essence it was a brilliant coaching tactic. Well done Griffin and the rest of the staff.

I must say the amount of penrith fans vs doggies fans was pretty even, but for the first half and obviously the second half we were 10x louder it was great to see made a massive difference IMO couldn't even hear the dogs fans

Blues Riff

Bench
I must say the amount of penrith fans vs doggies fans was pretty even, but for the first half and obviously the second half we were 10x louder it was great to see made a massive difference IMO couldn't even hear the dogs fans
Well done to all who were there. Matagi tweeted that it made a huge difference. He had a blinder. Is he playing for a contract?

Panther Pete

Juniors
Although I am from another forum I just wish to say that it was a pleasure it watch the young Panthers rub the Bullgrubs noses into the turf .

It I may compare it to seeing an old Yank-Tank being blown off the park by a new fuel-injected Monaro !

Great to watch , and best of luck in the rest of the series .
Thanks for that mate, hopefully we can keep up the momentum in Canberra next week.

ammatt

Juniors
I really liked the way Cleary took the line on tonight.
He has settled into the half back role superbly and will only get better as time goes on.
What he ends up as will only be limited by the man himself.

panther.mike

Juniors
Well done Panthers, loved it.who's next,bring em on., line them up Raiders first. PS well done Hook. great plan.

Kilkenny

Coach
Special mention to all of our fans today they were in great voice throughout.

Even belted out a rousing rendition of our theme song after full time. Sadly I could contribute as I had no voice left.

chrisD

Coach
Our forwards dominated the living f**k out of theirs. All they had was gang tackling our backs on the line a few sets. Matagi, Merrin and Grevsmuhl were beast, Wallace an animal chopping them down all game at the legs.

Refusing to kick on the last was a mercy tactic, we'd have scored 40 if we did.

maple_69

Bench
Seems heaps of people have criticized the running on the last. We've been doing it for ages and it works because we are bloody good at it. The Dogs were an extreme example but it's got to be one of the reasons we have dominated so much late in games. Defending one Penrith attacking set is going to be a lot of work.

Kilkenny

Coach
Seems heaps of people have criticized the running on the last. We've been doing it for ages and it works because we are bloody good at it. The Dogs were an extreme example but it's got to be one of the reasons we have dominated so much late in games. Defending one Penrith attacking set is going to be a lot of work.

I think running it on the last is clearly a tactical plan. Don't risk the kick close to the line unless certain you can achieve the repeat set. Forces the opposition, in this case the bulldogs to bring it away from there on line with no 7 tackle sets starting on there twenty. Worked a treat. The great thing is we've invented it!!!!

soc123_au

Staff member
Cracking win. Some of those tries were a thing of beauty. next weeks game should be a belter.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Great win... So happy for the team..

Mansour was a machine and i cant believe the different in both he and Moylan since Origin. They are more than on fire, those motherf**kers have 3rd degree burns right now...

Bring on the Raidersssssssss

Frankus

Juniors
Our forwards dominated the living f**k out of theirs. All they had was gang tackling our backs on the line a few sets. Matagi, Merrin and Grevsmuhl were beast, Wallace an animal chopping them down all game at the legs.

Refusing to kick on the last was a mercy tactic, we'd have scored 40 if we did.

I thought the forward battle was fairly even and it was our little men around the ruck and our ball movement that really hurt them. Wallace made a number of incisive runs/half breaks behind the ruck that had them back peddling.

Grevs was below average in my opinion. Maybe it was me (I am going to watch a recording of the game tonight) but he seemed to miss alot of tackles? And I barely saw Akauola and Lats the entire game. I think Akauola should get a little more game time.