What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

emo????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Ask nibbs to be one of them mate.

For mankind.

Kurt is a very happy young man.

Seriously though, the emos worthy of derision (teenage posers) don't actually cut themselves, have eating disorders, or suffer from depression.

People who do cut themselves, have eating disorders, and suffer from depression, are rarely easily identifiably as emos, and do deserve legitimate sympathy.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I finish uni at about the same time as a pack of emos who go to a hairdressing school.

I think they're emos. They sure as hell look like it. I always really want to punch them in the face anyway.

Correctly or not, emo has often been used to describe such bands as AFI, Alexisonfire, Coheed and Cambria, Fall Out Boy, From First to Last, Funeral for a Friend, Hawthorne Heights, My Chemical Romance, Panic! at the Disco, Senses Fail, Something Corporate, The Starting Line, Story of the Year, Taking Back Sunday, Thursday, The Used, and Underoath.[11] The classification of bands as "emo" is often controversial. Fans of several of the listed bands have recoiled at the use of the "emo" tag, and have gone to great lengths to explain why they don't qualify as "emo". In many cases, the term has simply been attached to them because of musical similarites, a common fashion sense, or because of the band's popularity within the "emo" scene, not because the band adheres to emo as a music genre.

As a result of the continuing shift of "emo" over the years, a serious schism has emerged between those who relate to particular eras of "emo". Those who were closely attached to the hardcore origins recoil when another type of music is called "emo". Many involved in the independent nature of both 80s and 90s emo are upset at the perceived hijacking of the word emo to sell a new generation of major label music. Regardless, popular culture appears to have embraced the terms of "emo" far beyond its original intentions.

emo= girls breaks up with boy, boy depressed...eg

Shaking like a dog sh*ttin' razorblades,
waking up next to nothing after dreaming of you and me
I'm waking up all alone, waking up so relieved
while you're taking your time with apologies,
I'm making my plans for revenge
Red eyes on orange horizons
If Columbus was wrong I'd drive straight off the edge
I'd drive straight off the edge

Taking your own life with boredom,
I'm taking my own life with wine -
it helps you to rule out the sorrow,
it helps me to empty my mind
Making the most of a bad time
I'm smoking the brains from my head
Leaving the coal calling the kettle black and orange and red
This kettle is seeing red

I've got a big fat f**kin' bone to pick with you my darling
In case you haven't heard I'm sick and tired of trying
I wish you would take my radio to bathe with you,
plugged in and ready to fall

Shaking like a dog sh*ttin' razorblades,
waking up next to nothing after dreaming of you and me
I'm waking up all alone, waking up so relieved
while you're taking your time with apologies,
I'm planning out my revenge
Red eyes on orange horizons
If Columbus was wrong I'd drive straight off the edge
I'm seeing red

I've got a big fat f**kin' bone to pick with you my darling
In case you haven't heard I'm sick and tired of trying
I wish you would take my radio to bathe with you,
plugged in and ready to fall

Plugged in and ready to fall

Eelementary

Post Whore
god1 said:
Correctly or not, emo has often been used to describe such bands as AFI, Alexisonfire, Coheed and Cambria, Fall Out Boy, From First to Last, Funeral for a Friend, Hawthorne Heights, My Chemical Romance, Panic! at the Disco, Senses Fail, Something Corporate, The Starting Line, Story of the Year, Taking Back Sunday, Thursday, The Used, and Underoath.[11] The classification of bands as "emo" is often controversial. Fans of several of the listed bands have recoiled at the use of the "emo" tag, and have gone to great lengths to explain why they don't qualify as "emo". In many cases, the term has simply been attached to them because of musical similarites, a common fashion sense, or because of the band's popularity within the "emo" scene, not because the band adheres to emo as a music genre.

As a result of the continuing shift of "emo" over the years, a serious schism has emerged between those who relate to particular eras of "emo". Those who were closely attached to the hardcore origins recoil when another type of music is called "emo". Many involved in the independent nature of both 80s and 90s emo are upset at the perceived hijacking of the word emo to sell a new generation of major label music. Regardless, popular culture appears to have embraced the terms of "emo" far beyond its original intentions.

:x at the aforementioned bands.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
i once heard about the emos that hang out at townhall, one of them had a "ELMO" backpack. With a black texta they coloured in the "L" and drew a fringe on him.

:fist: :fist:

Eelementary

Post Whore
I have a mate who's very Emo, and you know what he exposed me to? Apparently, the latest trend for Emos is to take metal music, soften up a bit into Emo music and change the lyrics to suit Emo music. Apparently it's called "Emo metal". :fist:

Suffice it to say it was the saddest thing I've ever heard. It reduced a grown man to tears.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Eelementary said:
I have a mate who's very Emo, and you know what he exposed me to? Apparently, the latest trend for Emos is to take metal music, soften up a bit into Emo music and change the lyrics to suit Emo music. Apparently it's called "Emo metal". :fist:

You let me know if they lay a f*cking finger on a Metallica song, ok ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts