What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

End of Season Tournament

Pistol

Coach
Are we all happy with this one?

4 Nations

PNG
AUS
GB&I
NZ

Each team plays each other once. Top two play for the Cup
Other two play for the Plate

4 Nations

PNG
AUS
GB&I
NZ

looks good mate! i think the player of the tournament should recieve an honour in your name mate! your doing a good job

and i am going to put my hand up for this now as well to gain some more experiance for next year and beyond.

GO THE PANTHERS AND AUSTRALIA!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
We need names for the trophies

4 Nations Plate/Cup/Shield sounds a bit bland

Suggestions please
ozzie or Backpacker

in lieu of that, how about after the one man who's done more for F7's than anyone else, Willow.

Or have the main title named after one, the plate after another and player of the tournament (to be judged based entirely on their cumulative points total or some such formula) to be named after the last named player.

Gives glorious credit to 3 great F7's names.

Last edited:

Pistol

Coach
ozzie or Backpacker

in lieu of that, how about after the one man who's done more for F7's than anyone else, Willow.

Or have the main title named after one, the plate after another and player of the tournament (to be judged based entirely on their cumulative points total or some such formula) to be named after the last named player.

Gives glorious credit to 3 great F7's names.

i like ur thinking there mate

The Backpacker Cup
The Ozzie Shield / Plate
The Willow Medal for Player of the Final

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
That was the exact same order I was thinking of too!

Willow can decide the punnishme......prize for the inaugural Willow Medal.

Maybe the winner can go round and wash his car or some such thing lol

Pistol

Coach
That was the exact same order I was thinking of too!

Willow can decide the punnishme......prize for the inaugural Willow Medal.

Maybe the winner can go round and wash his car or some such thing lol

whilst singing the Rolling Stones song Wild Horses acapella

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can hear the record promo now

"The Angelic voice of Willow as he sings the greatest songs of our time..."

Actually Pistol, I think Willow should sing on the F7's broadcast this year.

Something classical like...Smack My Bitch Up or some such ballad lol

Pistol

Coach
someone to take the heat off me... that would be nice

he could also sing "Hit me with your rythym stick" :lol:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
this is going great, hows about all music interludes performed by Willow.

My Sharona - Willow

(on a seperate note, is last years awards night available to listen to still? I never got to hear it)

Jesbass

First Grade

4 Nations

PNG
AUS
GB&I
NZ

I'd like to suggest another trophy, such as a bowl, to go to the runner up. It somehow doesn't seem right that the team that gets 3rd gets silverware, but the team that gets 2nd doesn't. ;-)

It'd be just like the PVP as I recall it when I played in the 2006 pre-season. :thumn

Jesbass

First Grade
this is going great, hows about all music interludes performed by Willow.

My Sharona - Willow

(on a seperate note, is last years awards night available to listen to still? I never got to hear it)

Ditto. I want to hear the coolest voice in F7s! Not to mention Pistol's dulcet tones... :D

Pistol

Coach
I'd like to suggest another trophy, such as a bowl, to go to the runner up. It somehow doesn't seem right that the team that gets 3rd gets silverware, but the team that gets 2nd doesn't. ;-)

It'd be just like the PVP as I recall it when I played in the 2006 pre-season. :thumn

but does the team that finishes second on GF day get a trophy?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
they get drink coasters or bottle openers or something don't they?

Jesbass

First Grade
so who is going to play in the 4 Nations?

what drives you to represent

My offline commitments are much more in both quantity and time than usual, but if I do play, it'll be for New Zealand. I love my country and it's always an auspicious honour to wear the black jersey with the white vee.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll announce myself available for the kiwi's. The NZ side has a core of a few players which makes it feel like my own club side. We play for each other. I believe that no other team gel's like the kiwi side, that alone makes them dangerous. Them you have the best writers there in jesbass, nutty, ray et al. It oozes class and awesomeness. Being aligned with such great players helps lift my sh*tty image too lol

Jesbass

First Grade
but does the team that finishes second on GF day get a trophy?

No, but I'm pretty certain that the team that finishes third and watches the GF doesn't get one either. ;-)

Every PVP tourney has three pieces of silverware, although that's usually because there's the overall winner, and the two teams that win their own pools. I can't remember how it was done this year. I don't remember there being many teams involved, but apparently there were three trophies handed out: http://f7s.leagueunlimited.com/history_pvp.php

Latest posts