What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ENG v NZ @ KCOM Stadium // Saturday 27 October - Sunday 00h30 (AEDT) 02h30 (NZDT)

deluded pom?

Coach
I’ve never been to Liverpool city centre before but I’ve attended a few Liverpool F.C. premier league games in the late 90’s sitting in the Kop and it was very cramped for me but I’m 6’3 which doesn’t help.

From what I remember the area around the ground was pretty rundown but we didn’t spend much time outside of the ground. It was basically get of the bus with a pretty brisk walk through Stanley park and straight into the ground!!!
I’m 5’11” and I was struggling. The buses to the stadium were poor too. They didn’t seem geared up for the number of people wanting to use the bus from the city centre. We queued well past the scheduled time and people were drifting off in drips and drabs. We ended up getting a taxi.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Why is it a rubbish choice?
Because people from Yorkshire have the choice of attending 2 tests instead of maybe 1 had the 1st test been held in London. The hull and Leeds tests split the Yorkshire attendance.

Not many people would want to make a long weekend break in hull compared to London, Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle and Leeds etc.

Pommy

Coach
Because people from Yorkshire have the choice of attending 2 tests instead of maybe 1 had the 1st test been held in London. The hull and Leeds tests split the Yorkshire attendance.

Not many people would want to make a long weekend break in hull compared to London, Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle and Leeds etc.

So why was Elland Road which a dilapidated hole a better choice than a nice rugby league stadium?

Perth Red

Post Whore
I’ll be honest with you and say that even if I wasn’t working on the Saturday I still wouldn’t have attended as hull doesn’t exactly scream and leap out to me as a must attend venue.

Like I said if you want to see why the poor crowd, look in the mirror. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the KC stadium, and there's plenty to do in Hull before or after the game for an hour or two. Its a piss poor excuse for not getting behind the national team of the sport you are a fan of. Apathy rules supreme in RL fans!

Perth Red

Post Whore

Why would you need to make it a long weekend break? Most fans are less than 2 hours drive or train from Hull! Set off at 8am, couple of hours visiting an attraction in the city, lunch at one of the historic pubs, go to the game, head home and be home for a late dinner. Its hardly asking a lot of fans! And why couldn't you go to two games, its not exactly expensive to go to International RL compared to nearly every other sport.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Why would you need to make it a long weekend break? Most fans are less than 2 hours drive or train from Hull! Set off at 8am, couple of hours visiting an attraction in the city, lunch at one of the historic pubs, go to the game, head home and be home for a late dinner. Its hardly asking a lot of fans! And why couldn't you go to two games, its not exactly expensive to go to International RL compared to nearly every other sport.
Don’t know about you but I’ve got a gf and young son and part of the trade off for me attending the game is spending the weekend in a big city with all the shopping and fancy restaurant thrown in.

Plus I’m not a 2 hours drive from either hull, Leeds or Liverpool.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Like I said if you want to see why the poor crowd, look in the mirror. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the KC stadium, and there's plenty to do in Hull before or after the game for an hour or two. Its a piss poor excuse for not getting behind the national team of the sport you are a fan of. Apathy rules supreme in RL fans!
Like I said before people have other commitments and are not made of money.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
People are not made of money but they would be willing to travel to London, Newcastle or any other city you pull out of your arse to make a weekend of it?
Not made of money or have the free time to be able to attend all 3 tests. That’s why I’ve chosen to attend the Liverpool test marra :smirk:

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Not really related to my point though
Of course it is. For many people who have young families and other commitments they can possibly only attend 1 test and the attraction and pulling power of hull isn’t all that compared to a Liverpool, London, Manchester, Newcastle or Leeds etc.

Springs09

Juniors
Liverpool city centre is OK but venture much further afield and it goes downhill quickly. I sat in the stand opposite the tunnel for the 2016 4N final. It had to be the least legroom I’ve ever experienced in a stadium. Awful. People were sat on the steps. Every time someone came past it started a Mexican wave. The surrounding area is a dump. They also ran out of beer by half time. I won’t be going back in a hurry.

Is it a lot worse than Old Trafford? That has to be the worst leg room I've experienced.

Not made of money or have the free time to be able to attend all 3 tests. That’s why I’ve chosen to attend the Liverpool test marra :smirk:

As in - fans who live along the M62, particularly in the middle, could probably afford to go to all 3 games as day trips more than travel and accommodation in London for a game. I travel further to play away games than the majority of rugby league fans in the North of England would have to travel to Hull. How is that being made of money? A return train ticket/half tank of fuel and a match ticket.

deluded pom?

Coach
Is it a lot worse than Old Trafford? That has to be the worst leg room I've experienced.
Much worse than OT. I don’t know what the seats are like in the end stands at OT, I usually sit in the stand opposite the cameras and they are fine. At Anfield I was virtually touching the back of the seat in front with my knees.

Latest posts