What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England v Australia - 5th Test (THE DECIDER!)

lockyno1

Post Whore
Kiwi said:
Didn't weather save Australia in the 3rd test?

Hey the way McGrath was batting, and by the way no Pom has got him out yet, he could have batted all day! He looked like Bradman out there!:D

Jordan

Juniors
Martyn nicked it and it was caught by the keeper... not out from the umpire though. About time we're getting some dodgy decisions go our way.

2-274

TheParraboy

Staff member
196 overs min in the test remain (98 overs per day)
provided weather is good, which the forecast says it will be

Australia obviously only want to bat once, and with that will assure Warne bowls on the 5th day of a test for the first time in this series.

It will come down to the wire

I got a feeling Warney is gonna destroy them on the last day

Lets see how tough the poms really are now ?

aussies1st

Staff member
I hope they know what they are doing with all this taking of the bad light.
Anyway tommorow is time for Hayden to let loose. Martyn can play anchor as always. Clarke, Gilly and Katich (in that order) can come out and smash it like Hayden.

We can't go along at the same run rate we have been this inns and Hayden has secured his spot for another test series so he has nothing to lose now.

Checking the weather the is a few showers but hopefully not as much as yesterday. The last day will be partly cloudly so we need to get as big as a lead today and bowl the best we ever have on Day 5.

NPK

Bench
hmm....how's the weather forecast for the last 2 days?
We need to score at least another 250 runs tonight and allow a day to bowl out the poms with Warne bowling lots of overs.

aussies1st

Staff member
Tomorrow
11.gif

Few Showers

High: 72°
Low: 60°

Monday
30.gif

Partly Cloudy

High: 70°
Low: 55°

Tomorrow: Cloudy with a few showers. High 72F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Tomorrow night: Clear to partly cloudy. Low near 60F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph

http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/UKXX0085_f.html

Currently it is mostly cloudly.

NPK

Bench
Will they be starting early and/or finishing late tonight to make up some time lost by rain? (if it's not raining of course)

Australia need another 330+ then chuck England back in for 1/2 hour crack at them at the end of Day 4. Australia would have a 240+ run lead and England, with no chance of winning the match, wouldn't be interested in chasing the runs, just preserving the wickets. We'd have 100 overs and Warne, McGrath and Lee.

On the other hand if England get Australia (a collapse) out for 400, then chances are England would be batting again not long after Day 4 Lunch. If we can then bowl England out in a day, it gives us 2 sessions to chase down whatever lead they have established, perhaps 250, in about 60 overs.

Either way, we are going to ask them some questions, weather permitting.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
interrestingly poised

if the rain pisses off for a day, and we can get a good lead, we'll have Warney bowling on a wearing wicket on the last day

JJ

Immortal
I'm struggling to understand why they aren't playing on - they need to win... a 3-1 loss is the same as a 2-1 loss in that they lose the ashes... they're in a good position, they need to play

Red Bear

Referee
I woulda thought declare at 373 and then bowl as well as possible, hopefully getting em out quick and chase, bu that is unlikely to happen

dice

Juniors
JJ said:
I'm struggling to understand why they aren't playing on - they need to win... a 3-1 loss is the same as a 2-1 loss in that they lose the ashes... they're in a good position, they need to play

With two extended days of play remaining there is still plenty of time to win this match for the aussies. I think they are trying to avoid the situation having to chase 150 odd runs on final day under extreme pressure.

I am guessing aussies will continue to be conservative for first session until they get a small lead then put their foot down. Given Englands 155 and 7/132 efforts the only time they have been under pressure in this series, Aussies will be huge favourites to win with any sort of lead.

Latest posts