What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England v Australia - 5th Test (THE DECIDER!)

aussies1st

Staff member
Warne was amazing today. We would have conceded 500 without him. Our other bowlers better take the pressure of Warne. And the batters better do their job.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Well that decision against Collingwood shoudl keep you all happy for a a while.

But no whinging from me, it happens. They go both ways and we move on.

Bloody Warney! He's too good. Incredibly mentally strong.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Tommy Smith said:
Well that decision against Collingwood shoudl keep you all happy for a a while.

But no whinging from me, it happens. They go both ways and we move on.

Bloody Warney! He's too good. Incredibly mentally strong.

I'd rather they gave Strauss out when he was plumb, and take 129 off thier score.

I don't know if strauss was Plumb. It may have hit leg stump, but the umpire could see all 3 stumps when it hit him which creates a lot of doubt. fair enough decision.

The question I ask is why were Australia not getting this benifit of the doubt rule previously????

I was very surprised that at no stage last night Hawke eye was used to look at the Andrew straus appeal for LBW.

is this something that the media have adopted to protect the umpires?

Have the ICC asked the media to do this? very interesting.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Yeah I wondered that too. It probably showed he was out so the poms chose not to show it.

Thats a big possibility.

The English media are a disgrace.

If Australia were to win this match there would be barely anything about it in the papers or on the news in england

fish eel

Immortal
I thought the Strauss decision was a tight one, and can see why it was given not out.

Was waiting for Hawkeye though.

aussies1st

Staff member
Typical English. If they don't think its out why not show hawk eye.

Bowden had yet another shocker. He gave 2 no balls to Tait when his foot was behind the line. That guy isn't doing much right this whole series.

El Diablo

Post Whore
aussies1st said:
Typical English. If they don't think its out why not show hawk eye.

Bowden had yet another shocker. He gave 2 no balls to Tait when his foot was behind the line. That guy isn't doing much right this whole series.

there's no way the clown should be officiating in such an important game.

I agree. He is a clown. He has always been a clown. I don't mind him being a clown when he is getting the decisions right, but when he's not it just makes him look like a fool.

He is clearly not up to standard for Ashes cricket.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
the replay on Fox showed it pitching on middle and would have cleaned up leg stump at worse

not much grey area

if that was Marto and even if he edged it, they still would have given him out based on thier recent decisions

Tommy Smith

Referee
Stop whining. Geezus. England got a bad decision but ive gotten over it. Honestly, whinge whinge whinge. It was hardly plumb, and btw im sure it was Trescothick and not Strauss so its not as if it cost you 120 runs. But to think people call us whinging poms!

Btw, hawkeye is a farce. When Warney got Bell plumb lbw the ball was a leg break which would have cleaned up middle. But Hawkeye showed the ball to be a wong 'un which would have just clipped leg! LOL What a farce and clearly unreliable technology.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Put your house in that pathetic prick Bowden sticking his finger up at the drop of a hat when Aus are batting.

Worst ump of all time. Always has been.

Tommy Smith said:
Stop whining. Geezus. England got a bad decision but ive gotten over it. Honestly, whinge whinge whinge. It was hardly plumb, and btw im sure it was Trescothick and not Strauss so its not as if it cost you 120 runs. But to think people call us whinging poms!

Btw, hawkeye is a farce. When Warney got Bell plumb lbw the ball was a leg break which would have cleaned up middle. But Hawkeye showed the ball to be a wong 'un which would have just clipped leg! LOL What a farce and clearly unreliable technology.

I agree Tommy, I have lost all confidence in Hawk eye after seeing that

Latest posts