What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England v Australia @ DW Stadium, Wigan

England v Australia; Who will win (or draw)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Billythekid

First Grade
I appreciate optimism but some of you Australians are taking it a bit too far. You're making an embarassment of yourselfs.

You're right i was to optimistic. I was hoping England might actually be somewhat decent this year.

I want England to have a strong RL presence but im not going to delude myself into believing something that isn't true.

You are talking it up like you smashed Australia when really you got beaten with Australia playing nowhere their best.

You just look like a really sore loser.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Inglis is average. If not for him practicing his hand offs on his wife all these years he wouldn't even be a name.
And with this you have exposed youself as nothing but a poor troll.

I feel for decent english fans, when trolls like you make them look like fools.

Big Pete

Referee
I'm yet to see a replay of the game (I got home just as the second half was drawing to a close) but I sense a familiarity with this game and Origin 1 this year in that the game was won within the first forty.

Congratulations to Darren Lockyer for equalling the try scoring record and breaking the most appearances by a captain. From what I saw from the highlights his passing was extremely crisp and was a strong feature of the Australian game plan.

mxlegend99

Referee
You live in your own world. IT's clear that you didn't take your foot off the pedal.

England just have a better car and hit the NOS button.

Australia are worse than both NZ and England.

McGuire gaved you a victory. McGuires flaws have been corrected.

Australia are no hopers.

:lol:

We're no hopers? We won the game in the first 30 minutes.:oops:

Once we raced out to a winning margin we started to experiment with the team and Tim Sheens made sure that all the players got a run. Several of our blokes had not played in months, while others only had one match up their sleeve in that time.

We're nowhere near our best at the moment and have yet to be beaten. If we do lost a match it certainly won't be against the Poms. NZ are going to smash them next week and it will be Australia vs New Zealand in the final.

coach

Ifs and buts. The reality is if England carry our form from the second half into the NZ game we're in with a 50-50 chance of winning. Both England and New Zealand are better than Australia so whoever wins next week will beat Australia in the final.

The fact you think Australia were good in the first half makes me laugh. They were ordinary. If it wasn't for McGuire, who was practically a 14th man for you, you'd have scored 2 tries at the very best.

You're an Australian all over. When you're winning it's because you're great. When you're losing it's because you're not playing well. Never any acknowledgement given to the superior opposition(England in the 2nd half, NZ last week, NZ in the world cup).

To say you were never a chance of losing today is laughable. You had 2 tries given that shouldn't have been(one for a forward pass, similar to last weeks forward pass against NZ that also wasn't given), and another was a ball Australia stripped which was ruled a knock on by England, you scored directly from the player after the wrong decision.

Anyone can do what you Australians do. As a nation you're champion sh*t talkers, but so am I.

How does it feel knowing NZ outplayed, and England would have beat you if not for Mcguire and the referee gifting you 2 tries?

Can't wait till NZ or England smash you in the final. Although I'm sure you'll still have an excuse when that happens:lol:

Well to beat us in the final, you have to make the final. And the Poms are not going to be there are they?

We will beat the French. While the Kiwis will beat you guys. The question is then, who will win the final. NZ are a good team and are playing well. Australia will have to be at its best to win.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Rugbyhighlights... :lol: there's no point arguing with you tbh..

----

i've been readin some BBC comments and i didn't notice it in game, but apparently Crabtree catches the ball from a standing start? not good, hope he can fix that

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
Rugbyhighlights... :lol: there's no point arguing with you tbh..

----

i've been readin some BBC comments and i didn't notice it in game, but apparently Crabtree catches the ball from a standing start? not good, hope he can fix that

He has to stop and kneel down to catch balls. That's just how big he is. Fear him.

Loudstrat

Coach
I thought Heather was all class - especially in defence. Inglis is a world beater - when someone puts him in a gap. And that one for his first break was so big Matt Dunning would have wobbled over for a length of the fielder.

Thurston is developing into a Gary Freeman - yell at your players when things get tough. Deserved his bin -then again, Lockyer should pull him into line. We could also argue about the Hayne shut outs by the Queenslanders, but the ease at which Australia scored in the first half doesn't require it.

I'll echo the calls about poor selections - why Creagh is at home is beyond me. Then again it looks as though only a Kiwi powerhouse performance in the final will stop them. Still, in test footy if you get to 26-0 at half time you DO NOT go to sleep. For the games sake I hope it was the case of the Pommies improving in the second half.

Speaking of the Poms - without Sam Burgess who was probably the best player on the field - France would flog you.

The difference in that game was Inglis. Without him we probably would have lost. The Pommy centre on that side (Lee Smith?) was dead set scared of him. Apart from that halfback who showed some promise, that whole English backline was useless.

The Australian pack was invisible too, none of the rookies on this tour have stood up, Hannant was monstered, Shillo and Sh*te were completely ineffective, Farah was ordinary, Petero was okay, but not great by his standards, Gallen was strong, Watmough actually looked dangerous, Smith was sharp out of dummy half, Hindmarsh didn't seem to get involved in attack, Lewis had a few errors in him.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Aussie pack ordinary? Hannant got sorted, but that's about it.

The first 25 minutes they bashed the pommy forward pack. Every set of six was Briscoe out of position and and being turned only to be tackled on the 10 metre line.

The much vaunted "best pack in the world" of England would typically make 25 metres from the next 4 tackles to have Sinfield use his pop-gun kick go down Slaters throat on the aussie 30 metre line.

Peacock did nothing, Morley did nothing, Ellis did nothing on attck, very good effort in defence. Burgess and Crabtree were the only ones who can say they held their own.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
England will always remain third rate given they continue to pollute their National competition with one of either; NRL has beens, NRL never was "talents" and NRL players looking to prop up their pending retirement.

If they don't/won't invest money in to their own grassroots, the problem and the quality of their National team will remain subpar.

Billythekid

First Grade
Peacock did nothing, Morley did nothing, Ellis did nothing on attck, very good effort in defence. Burgess and Crabtree were the only ones who can say they held their own.

No surprises there. Even in their peak Peacock and Morley weren't really as good as Australia's forwards. Now that they are in their pension years of course they will struggle.

No surprise seeing all the younger forwards putting in the impressive efforts.

Goddo

Bench
Why? I am being absolutely realistic. England are so far behind it is not funny, they are barely comtetitive. We should play our C side- we'd still do a number on them! Put it this way our 3rd string halfback is either Cronk or Prince..both of them s..t on England's halves!

Exactly. Cronk with Soward or Barrett. Even say 4th tier halves would beat anything the poms can throw at us, Kimorley and say Campesie.

Exactly. Cronk with Soward or Barrett. Even say 4th tier halves would beat anything the poms can throw at us, Kimorley and say Campesie.

I reckon the NRL should have sent the Dogs or Dragons instead of Oz...then the English would have some hope.

Frailty

First Grade
Players who should be dropped from the Aussie side:

Thurston - Gives away too many penalties for silly things like mouthing off... Not to mention getting sin binned.

Gallen - Didn't play bad, but really isn't that effective

Hodges - Two reasons. Hayne not getting ball and ineffective running from dummy half constantly

Watmough - Attack is great, defence he is leaving major holes falling for dummies and rushing up without support.

White - No impact for a prop

Farrah - Stalled any moment Australia had built.