What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England v Australia @ DW Stadium, Wigan

England v Australia; Who will win (or draw)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Squae

Juniors
We keep logging off in the second half, we do that again against NZ and we will lose.

Good games by Inglis & Thurston, best forward Gallen for sure, he is a 70 minute prop these days.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
I only saw the second half unfortunately so can only comment on that.

I thought Tomkins looked great in that second half, as did eastmond (that long cut out to smith for the try was fantastic). Sinfield looked likely as well.

I thought McGuire was deadset ordinary. I think Tomkins has to be there for his spark (although I didnt see him play the first half of course). What is the likely halves pairing for the NZ game?

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
New Zealand is actually a very good team and just might win the tournament. Can't say that for the Poms though, who at best are very ordinary.

I thought we were great in the 1st half last night. But we went to sleep in the 2nd half and suffered the consequences. We may have lost against the Kiwis, but because we playing the hopless Poms we were never a chance of losing.

In two weeks we will play the Kiwis in the final. We will need to be at our best in that game to win. But at least we will be there, something the Poms cannot say.

Ifs and buts. The reality is if England carry our form from the second half into the NZ game we're in with a 50-50 chance of winning. Both England and New Zealand are better than Australia so whoever wins next week will beat Australia in the final.

The fact you think Australia were good in the first half makes me laugh. They were ordinary. If it wasn't for McGuire, who was practically a 14th man for you, you'd have scored 2 tries at the very best.

You're an Australian all over. When you're winning it's because you're great. When you're losing it's because you're not playing well. Never any acknowledgement given to the superior opposition(England in the 2nd half, NZ last week, NZ in the world cup).

To say you were never a chance of losing today is laughable. You had 2 tries given that shouldn't have been(one for a forward pass, similar to last weeks forward pass against NZ that also wasn't given), and another was a ball Australia stripped which was ruled a knock on by England, you scored directly from the player after the wrong decision.

Anyone can do what you Australians do. As a nation you're champion sh*t talkers, but so am I.

How does it feel knowing NZ outplayed, and England would have beat you if not for Mcguire and the referee gifting you 2 tries?

Can't wait till NZ or England smash you in the final. Although I'm sure you'll still have an excuse when that happens:lol:

Chook Norris

First Grade
McGuire should be dropped.. to the bench

When Eastmond and Tomkins were directing the play, England looked a lot sharper

Special mentions to Crabtree, proved me wrong.. solid ball runner, look especially fired up when he came on, along with Burgess.

England looked heaps better as well when they got the offloading going on, created lots of room for some innovative plays.. which i must say, were great to watch

2nd half will do heaps for Englands against NZ; they showed plenty of intent there, ran hard, tackled hard.. pity they can't do it in the first half

Chook Norris

First Grade
The fact you think Australia were good in the first half makes me laugh. They were ordinary.

Errr what? Australia played all over England, great kick chase, great line speed, and decisive movements of the ball. If that first half performance wasn't great then i'm an Astronaut

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It changed in August. Ten years since the ground opened JJB's sponsorship ran out. DW is the initials of Wigan Athletic owner Dave Whelan. Crap name but their you go.

I thought DW Sports Fitness (a subsidiary of JJB Sports, all owned by Whelan) was the naming sponsor?

How dominant was Inglis...he was having a field day down his side.

As for the Poms...no cohesion and no competition for Oz.

mxlegend99

Referee
LMFAO at the idiots thinking Australia have nothing. Australia dominated that first half so much that England were out of the game after 30 minutes. The fact that we've only palyed 30 minutes of good football so far and have still managed to come away with a win and a draw shows just how good our side is... we've yet to play to our potential and have still managed to draw with NZ and smash England.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
LMFAO at the idiots thinking Australia have nothing. Australia dominated that first half so much that England were out of the game after 30 minutes. The fact that we've only palyed 30 minutes of good football so far and have still managed to come away with a win and a draw shows just how good our side is... we've yet to play to our potential and have still managed to draw with NZ and smash England.

Your draw against NZ was on the back of a forward pass. Your victory against England was on the back of a forward pass and a wrongfully awarded dropped ball.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Much better peformance from Australia.

Many Poms and kiwis were saying the Poms would dominate in the forwards, but it was the other way around. The first 20 minutes was awesome, good grind, great kicks and then blow them away out wide.

Then it was time to give some other fellows a chance to get the cobwebs out.

Sheens gave all the boys a run, and the likes of Lewis and Shillington, like many last week will be better for it.

The Poms had a good second half, good on them, should give them some confidence against the kiwis.

I have no sympathy for Thurston, like Gallen he needs to learn not to even speak to the ref.

Must say the English looked much better with Sienfield @ dummy half, find it hard to believe they don't have a better fullback.

With the Aussie referee the 10 metres will be better and the Poms will appreciate that.

I actually give the poms some hope against the kiwis. I remain very unconvince with the kiwis kicking game. The Poms will better for the run against the harder opposition.

And I have to laugh at anyone who still does realise Greg Inglis is the player of his generation.

Also laughing at the Gallen haters.

aussies1st

Staff member
We got too much star power in the backline, usually Morris, Hayne and Hodges star for their clubs with some very dominant displays last season but all 3 have bearly rated a mention so far.

Shorty

Staff member
LOL Rugbyhighlights...
The idiocy off people still amazes me.
Clearly, you're jealous and a diehard England apologist.
Let's remember that Australia has played probably it's worst football in a long time and still hasn't lost a game.
Australia took the foot off the pedal, that's it - England are and always win be a pathetic excuse for a team.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
LOL Rugbyhighlights...
The idiocy off people still amazes me.
Clearly, you're jealous and a diehard England apologist.
Let's remember that Australia has played probably it's worst football in a long time and still hasn't lost a game.
Australia took the foot off the pedal, that's it - England are and always win be a pathetic excuse for a team.

You live in your own world. IT's clear that you didn't take your foot off the pedal.

England just have a better car and hit the NOS button.

Australia are worse than both NZ and England.

McGuire gaved you a victory. McGuires flaws have been corrected.

Australia are no hopers.

Shorty

Staff member
LOL This guy is hiliarious.
I wonder if he'll be making such noise after England are smashed by NZ and if Aus wins the series.
I look forward to it.

Latest posts