What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England v Australia @ DW Stadium, Wigan

England v Australia; Who will win (or draw)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

deluded pom?

Coach
If that's the best referee the Pommies have to offer, then they must be absolutely f*cked. That's 2 weeks in a row that he has been absolutely sh*t... and that's by NRL standards where the referees are already pretty bad.

You didn't HAVE to have Ganson today. That you did was down to Aussie arrogance yet again. You whinged and got the ref you deserved.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Hell why not play NSW v QLD at the end of every year and get rid of international football. Idiot...

We could beat England by playing the Storm U'20's side. They are that much behind Australia and NZ it aint funny! Long test series against NZ is international football you know.

lockyno1

Post Whore
You didn't HAVE to have Ganson today. That you did was down to Aussie arrogance yet again. You whinged and got the ref you deserved.

What was wrong with Ganson. He missed a few but no more or less than an NRL ref and is 100 times better than Tony f..king Archer! The sin bin was spot on- continued infringments (although he should have gone earlier). Mind you if he was binning people, Lee Smith should have gone. I actually wish NRL refs would ref like Ganson! Players should not be able to have a cup of tea laying around the ruck!

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
What was wrong with Ganson. He missed a few but no more or less than an NRL ref and is 100 times better than Tony f..king Archer! The sin bin was spot on- continued infringments (although he should have gone earlier). Mind you if he was binning people, Lee Smith should have gone. I actually wish NRL refs would ref like Ganson! Players should not be able to have a cup of tea laying around the ruck!
LOL

Give up trying to access the game. Just buy a Broncos flag and wave it around every week. Seriously you couldn't buy a clue.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Why? I am being absolutely realistic. England are so far behind it is not funny, they are barely comtetitive. We should play our C side- we'd still do a number on them! Put it this way our 3rd string halfback is either Cronk or Prince..both of them s..t on England's halves!

Pierced Soul

First Grade
What was wrong with Ganson.

did you watch the game? i'm assuming by this geniused question you either a) havent watched it or b) have no f**king idea

personally i'm leaning towards b)

it was a poor second half performance by the roos, i still cnat understand why hayne wasnt switched with slater even for 15 minutes or so.

given all the ball and territory the poms had in the second half they could only manage 3 tries and one was when australia had 12 men on the field. despite the commentators creaming themselves they really didnt offer much against a disinterested australian team

lockyno1

Post Whore
Which one of his penalties was incorrect?

Thurston was binned becuase he gave away who knows how many penalties- should have gone earlier, definate sin bin.

All the other penalties were there, you can't lie around in the ruck making a cup of tea. You tackle, you get up. Pretty simple. The less wrestling crap the better. Fast game=entertainment. Slow game=boring. Gansen despite the fact he did blow a few more that I would have liked (15 is probably the number) he did well.

deluded pom?

Coach
Which one of his penalties was incorrect?

Thurston was binned becuase he gave away who knows how many penalties- should have gone earlier, definate sin bin.

All the other penalties were there, you can't lie around in the ruck making a cup of tea. You tackle, you get up. Pretty simple. The less wrestling crap the better. Fast game=entertainment. Slow game=boring. Gansen despite the fact he did blow a few more that I would have liked (15 is probably the number) he did well.

I think I'll print this and frame it. An Aussie actually agreeing with a Pommie ref's decisions!!!!! Mind you seeing as you won you can afford to be magnanimous. ;-)

lockyno1

Post Whore
Well I just don't think he was that bad. I will watch it again tommorrow and see if I change my mind, but I thought all the crucial penalties were fine. The only blatant one he got wrong was the Civonoceva "knock on" and that was mainly the touch judges call.

deluded pom?

Coach
Well I just don't think he was that bad. I will watch it again tommorrow and see if I change my mind, but I thought all the crucial penalties were fine. The only blatant one he got wrong was the Civonoceva "knock on" and that was mainly the touch judges call.

Careful locky. You're in danger of being seen as the Australian voice of reason. ;-)

MacDougall

First Grade
Yes.

We didn't score a point after he was replaced.

It would seem young Robbie Farah cannot stand up in rep football. Probably the best club hooker running around but I fear he may never take it to the next level. He just looks lost in rep footy.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
Reffing has certainly favoured England.

I wouldn't call it bias, just the difference of super league and the NRL. You get away with a lot more in the NRL. Ganson isn't letting our players do the same.

Though the Sin Bin was ridiculous.

In England the SL players must respect the referee. Thurston is a whinging merkin. Sin bin was the right decision. The only thing surprising about Thurston is that he isn't sin binned for cheating more in the NRL.

2 Australia tries also came on the back of incorrect Ganson decisions.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
What's also funny is that when Australia are on top they're the best. But when Australia are on the backfoot, they've got the foot of the gas or aren't playing well.

Typical Aussie mentality. Same last week when the Kiwis DOMINATED you.

What's funny is that once England fixed their far side defense Australia had no chance. Your only opportunities in the game were on the far side where Inglis was. Once that threat was nullified you looked like a park footy team.

Lets look at it realistically. In this Four Nations campaign Australia have been rubbish. You've lost 3 out of 4 halfs of football. And the only half you did win(todays first) was on the back of woeful English defense(which was corrected in the 2nd).

Australia are a nothing team this year. Probably Tim Sheens fault but that's irrelivent. You'll lose the final, so lap it up while you can. Because there's no way you stand a chance in the final.

Both Kiwi and English fans should be confident that if either get to the final they'll beat this mediocre Australian outfit.

coach

What's also funny is that when Australia are on top they're the best. But when Australia are on the backfoot, they've got the foot of the gas or aren't playing well.

Typical Aussie mentality. Same last week when the Kiwis DOMINATED you.

What's funny is that once England fixed their far side defense Australia had no chance. Your only opportunities in the game were on the far side where Inglis was. Once that threat was nullified you looked like a park footy team.

Lets look at it realistically. In this Four Nations campaign Australia have been rubbish. You've lost 3 out of 4 halfs of football. And the only half you did win(todays first) was on the back of woeful English defense(which was corrected in the 2nd).

Australia are a nothing team this year. Probably Tim Sheens fault but that's irrelivent. You'll lose the final, so lap it up while you can. Because there's no way you stand a chance in the final.

Both Kiwi and English fans should be confident that if either get to the final they'll beat this mediocre Australian outfit.

New Zealand is actually a very good team and just might win the tournament. Can't say that for the Poms though, who at best are very ordinary.

I thought we were great in the 1st half last night. But we went to sleep in the 2nd half and suffered the consequences. We may have lost against the Kiwis, but because we playing the hopless Poms we were never a chance of losing.

In two weeks we will play the Kiwis in the final. We will need to be at our best in that game to win. But at least we will be there, something the Poms cannot say.

This is a good result because it seems the poms still think they're a chance. Hard to believe after all these years and all these beatings they still hold this delusion.

England played well in the second half. Ellis was terrrific. Tony Smith is giving a bunch of kids a go at international level. I think Australia has selected an undeserving squad overall. At least half a dozen of them don't deserve to be there. Gallen, Lewis, Civanoceva, White, Hoffman, Farah are the names that come to mind. All selected on reputation and nothing else. If it was form then Sailor and MacDougall even at 35 and 34 repectively deserve to be there ahead of all those players. Petero missed half the year and just waltzes in. Young Mortimer is completely overlooked despite being the best half in the comp for the final 3 months. Ben Creagh? I mean WTF. He has been a revelation this season. In short I don't care if NZ beat us because they picked a young squad on form and not perceived ability. Both England and NZ are hungry for success against this arrogant Aussie team. Thurston is completely full of himself and a total goose. I hope he goes to Japanese rugby. He is a woeful defender so he will fit in well.

Last edited: