What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England v Australia @ DW Stadium, Wigan

England v Australia; Who will win (or draw)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Goddo

Bench
Well, some of us thought it when they released the team list; they have not picked a good squad.

Now, everyone is saying "Lockyer, Thaiday, White, Hoffman, Shillington and Gidley aren't up to it". They were the wrong blokes when they picked the squad; they have just under performed in a game now and it is glaringly obvious to everyone.

I'd like to see some close games to give Australia a scare so they shake the team up a bit next time around. Unfortunately, England won't provide that scare.

Big Pete

Referee
Only people with half a brain are complaining about Lockyer's selection. How did Shillington come into calculations? He didn't even play!

Thaiday wasn't used properly, Hoffman and White are benefactors of playing for a succesful club brimming with superstars, there are better players infront of them and Kidley is Mr. Congeniality.

The major complaints were the amount of backrowers, backs and utilities chosen.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I agree with you for the most part mate but Thaiday was useless and it had very little to do with how he was "used". You could apply that same line on any of the players who underperformed on Sunday.

Bigfella

Coach
The fact that the squad had 4 Penrith players in it was a massive concern to be honest. It kind of hinted that balance and depth would be an issue.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Thaiday was used as a prop when everybody knows he's far more effective in the backrow.

Hoffman was used as a short runner when everybody knows he is a far more effective wide runner.

Hayne was used as a winger when every body knows he is a far more effective fullback

Gidley was used as a backrower when everybody knows he is a far more effective fullback.

Sheens was used as a coach when everybody knows he is a far more effective door stop

8Ball

First Grade
Or maybe they aren't Broncos fanboys who can see that Lockyer is no longer the player he once was.

The only people I can see who are complaining about Lockyer's selection are the usual broncos haters.

Noa

First Grade
Locky is nowhere near the influential player he was but he wont be dropped nor does a player who has given the service he has, deserve to be mid-series.

That would lack class.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Blind Freddy can see Locky isn't the player he was, but he will not be dropped and nor should he. One of our best ever players deserves to go out on his own terms.

Glenn

First Grade
Reports on 7 news are saying Hindmarsh will be coming into the side for Hoffman. :D

Glenn

First Grade
Blind Freddy can see Locky isn't the player he was, but he will not be dropped and nor should he. One of our best ever players deserves to go out on his own terms.

Even if it is to the detriment of the team?
Not suggesting Lockyer is at that stage, but there comes a time.

8Ball

First Grade
If Lockyer doesn't have a good series, I'd like to see him retire from rep football. Even though he isn't the player he once was, he's still the best option we have at five-eighth cause of his experience and calmness he brings to the team.

j0nesy

Bench
I can't believe some people are saying that Lockeyer had a good game, I thought he was quite poor. Although the forwards pretty much game him nothing, and I don't think he should be dropped. He's definitely running on old legs though, that was glaringly obvious. He's still probably the best 5/8th we have in the country.

Butters

Bench
How is Hindmarsh going to improve the forward pack? All he does is flop in as 3rd man in tackles...

Australia lacked an attacking platform because the forwards weren't gaining any ground, how is putting in a "tackling" machine meant to solve that problem?

Not to mention, behind Inglis, Hodges is easily the most talented centre in the world.

LMFAO!!!! He wasn't at that level when rookie Jarrod Croker humilated him was he? Hodges has already peaked, and his career is on the decline now. Time to put him out to pasture.

LOL @ Aussies thinking Flopmarsh will improve their pack. English forwards to dominate.

Hindyscrack

Bench
Because we had 4 back rowers who all run wide and do little of the hard stuff up the middle. What he can provide in defense will help the other forwards.

Hindmarsh focusing on the guts will allow guys like Watmough to be more devistating in their attack.