What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England v Australia @ DW Stadium, Wigan

England v Australia; Who will win (or draw)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

roughyedspud

Coach
kev sinfield really needs to play his leeds game more than ever tomorrow...playing more like a 2nd stand off to take the pressure off the halves,particually tomkins who will get hammered the first chance they get...

hopefully shaun briscoe will get pulled the first chance we get cos he's wank..we might as well have played wellens...and get kyle on..then i think we just might do it..

jim_57

Staff member
I'm actually very excited about this match now, I prefer Tomkins to Myler and that forward pack is brilliant for England. This could be their time to shine, youngish side, plenty of power up front and a chance to knock their biggest rivals out of the comp. If they're not up for this than there's something wrong with them.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
I'm actually very excited about this match now, I prefer Tomkins to Myler and that forward pack is brilliant for England. This could be their time to shine, youngish side, plenty of power up front and a chance to knock their biggest rivals out of the comp. If they're not up for this than there's something wrong with them.

Not to mention a packed house on a Saturday afternoon live across the country.

Poul

Juniors
That pack is slow;-)

That's what I thought about the Pommy pack. I think that Morley and Peacock, whilst still good players, are running on "old legs", and even though Crabtree is a big unit, he looks ponderously slow. I think only Ellis and Burgess have the combination of size and speed to be able to make any impression on the 'Roos pack. Graham looks a promising player, but again maybe a bit slow. Certainly I think the 'Roos have less to fear from the Pommy pack than they do from the Kiwi pack.
I think the 'Roos backline will have a field day against an inexperienced Pommy backline who will be overwhelmed by sheer power and speed.
'Roos by 18.

wiganjohn

Juniors
England will win by 12. The Ausies forwards will be bulldozed by the english pack, and the backs will have rings run around them by young Sam Tomkins.
English rugby is on the rise with the amount of talented young players coming through, and Australia's time as the leading rugby league force is ended.
Come on ENGLAND, Lets get some Biff on!

andrew123

Juniors
England will win by 12. The Ausies forwards will be bulldozed by the english pack, and the backs will have rings run around them by young Sam Tomkins.
English rugby is on the rise with the amount of talented young players coming through, and Australia's time as the leading rugby league force is ended.
Come on ENGLAND, Lets get some Biff on!

:lol:

whatever

Juniors
LMFAO!!!! He wasn't at that level when rookie Jarrod Croker humilated him was he? Hodges has already peaked, and his career is on the decline now. Time to put him out to pasture.

BobbiAnalog, you are an idiot. Hodges character, I am definitely no fan of but his game, I cannot say the same. I am not a Bronco's fan but with most NRL teams, I watch them regularly. Hodges is definitely one of the top outside backs in the world.
You're obviously a kiwi who supports NSW and has not seen many of Hodges perfromances in the top grade. How about State of Origin or the ANZAC test? See any of those? How you can make a stupid assessment of such a talented player on the basis of one performance, is like you... ASSinine!
The Kiwi's, english and the french would give anything for a Justin Hodges! Numb Nut.

whatever

Juniors
It surprises me how people react to a draw. NZ came with a focus and intensity that everyone knows they are well capable of bringing. Aussies were probably over confident bordering on arrogant and perhaps not expecting it be an 80 min affair. Almost paid the price.
Any Aussie forward pack would have had their fair share of problems handling the speed, ferocity and tenacity of this Kiwi pack.
What has always separated the Aussie Pack from the Kiwi pack is the ability to sustain a high level for the duration. On all other forward related aspects of the game, I think the Kiwis have had parity for quite sometime now.
I cannot say that the Kiwi pack conspicuoulsy dominated the aussie forwards, why it seemed that way was the drop off we all expect from the Kiwis never came.
England especially their forward pack , I hope can live up to the expectations of their fans because although perhaps the biggest in the four nations, they are not as athletic or imposing, aggression wise as the Kiwis.
I think things are being blown well out of proportion. It will definitely be a Kiwi Aussie final. I have no doubt about it.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Everyone saying that England are a chance... WAKE UP TO YOURSELVES!!! Yes they have made a few changes and have a great pack but this is still the team that struggled to get on top of France until the second half. This was a team that played in the slowest game I have watched in the last few years while the next night AUS and NZ were playing a fast paced game with quick play the balls and lots of skill.

England wont beat Australia. England wont even get close, and the same goes for when they play NZ next week. England arent in AUS and NZs league.

Chook Norris

First Grade
England arent in AUS and NZs league.
They came clseo to beating them on 2 occasions last year, you'll have to give them that

I agree about the England pack though, whilst it is big.. many of them are slow and are on "old legs"

Crabtree has done nothing to impress me.. will provide no go forward

Tipster

Bench
Australia will win by around 12 points. Once again I see people thinking this Australian team can walk on water.

Poms to win in a low scoring affair. Aussie's will score their points from individual brilliance in the backline, while the poms will score theirs from close range, due to their forwards dominating.

Noa

First Grade
Aus will win this quite easily...if the halves click and GI turns up again then it will be over before half time.

I think we can drop the "if GI turns up" line now Kia Ora.He's 22 and acheived more then 99.9% of any player in history at the saem age.

A pretty good sign he's turned up a few times :cool:.

When did DW Stadium stop being JJB Stadium? I remember being there in 2003 when Adrian Morley got sent off in 12 seconds. Only Aussie in the bay I was in, and was surprised that a pint of Fosters at the ground was cheaper than at the local pub!