What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England v New Zealand ** news & injury thread **

Evil Homer

Staff member
All born and bred in NZ. Tonga and Samoa should stop stealing Kiwis
Born and bred or not, they all played rep football for a different nation in the last 12 months. Ma'u is another who has played for Tonga this year. The RLIF need to stop this shit from happening in the future.

Born and bred or not, they all played rep football for a different nation in the last 12 months. Ma'u is another who has played for Tonga this year. The RLIF need to stop this shit from happening in the future.

Hey now, the NZ tax payer had to foot the bill when Ma'u was in prison here. This is simply an extension of community service.

morningstar

Juniors
As did Kata. I see Mannering is in the first selection. I thought he was being rested?

McFadden wants him to skip it, but Mannering wants to go...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league...ring-good-for-kiwis-tour-says-stephen-kearney

Simon Mannering good for Kiwis tour says Stephen Kearney

Kiwis coach Stephen Kearney said he checked with Simon Mannering whether he wanted to go on the tour to England or take a break.

The 29-year-old, who captains the Warriors as well as his country, has missed just four games for his club in the past five years and feels the pressure more than most, because of his leadership role.

Warriors coach Andrew McFadden said last month that while he wouldn't stand in Mannering's way, he felt he'd benefit from a break.

Kearney said he checked with his skipper whether he wanted to go and the 41-test Kiwi replied he did.

"From his club's point of view, it's been a tough finish to the year," Kearney said.

"The key for me was that Simon was really keen to be a part of it.

"Sometimes Simon bears the brunt of that because unnecessarily he carries the responsibility of the whole team.

"He's had a fair few of his senior players out through injury.

"I've asked him the question and he's very keen to be a part of the group for the tour.

"It's about being smart with it and managing his time over the next month. The camp won't be as stressful as it would be being part of a preseason," Kearney said.

"If he made me aware that he felt a bit tired and would struggle with the tour I'd be the first to say to him to stay at home and have some time off.
"But he's indicated that he's keen to be a part of it and that's all I needed to hear."

Matua

Bench
Good stuff Mannering. I hate it when players turn down the chance to play for NZ.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/league/news/article.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=11509658

Good to see Mannering come out and confirm his involvement in the tour. You know he is not 100% when he gets a break after 50 mins of a game. Still really suprised he is going on tour.

I cant wait to see the likes of Tui Lolohea, Sio Siua Taukeiaho, Curtis Rona, and Kodi Nikorima in a Kiwis jumper...

If no players get injured from here on in, even without Johnson and Manu, its going to be a pretty formidable Kiwis side.

Last edited:

Evil Homer

Staff member
Tonga have named SST, Ma'u, Kata and Lolohea in their squad for the WC qualifier against Cook Islands. They have also named Wales' Frizzell and USA's Luani.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Was matt duffie included in the kiwis train on squad?? Hearing hes signed for the auckland blues

Storm are still in the finals so the initial squad is only for the clubs that have been eliminated so far. Word with Duffy is two offers, one the NZ Warriors and one an European Rugby Club....rumor has it he said no to the Warriors.

Good player, but i would have been surprised if he made the Kiwis Squad to be honest.

Last edited:

JohnDoe

Juniors
Tonga have pretty much named anyone with a Tongan sounding name....:sarcasm:

Wod make sense they'd have a Tongan sounding name considering there Tongan right? Cook Islands to name a 30 man training squad also. No details on when it will be announced.