What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eric Grothe Is No Good!!!!!

Hurriflatch

Referee
Grothe can catch the ball

he just can't hold onto it

he would be great at AFL in that game half the time people catch the ball they drop it when they hit the ground

join the bandwagon said:
He can't catch when the ball is put up high. He dropped it from a straight hitup tonight. He is just all round sh*te
tonight the whole team was all round sh*te from the slow passing and play the balls to the shocking kicking game and bad reads in defence we were way below average in every department

PJ Marshal

Coach
Thierry Henry said:
Well that's just the point Marshal. He can't.

Grothe and Vatuvei both have bad hands.

martin i have to agree with you there, but when on song grothe is the better player imo

if we looked at it from a jeremy john mohekey perspective, we wud determine who was the better player from girth

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
PJ Marshal said:
martin i have to agree with you there, but when on song grothe is the better player imo

if we looked at it from a jeremy john mohekey perspective, we wud determine who was the better player from girth

I think it's pretty obvious that Manu has more girth

Nicktheeel

Juniors
dont know what is wrong with eric he just cant seem to restrain himself from offloading when not needed. cant hagan just tell him to hold the ball when in our own territory? everytime i see it it pisses me off. he is one of the most devasting wingers in attack with his runs but sometimes tend to get lazy in defence. but either way, sh**thouse vatuvai got nothing on the guru.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
The thread title should be "Eric Grothe Is No Good Every Second Week. Every Other Week He Is f**king Great."

The perfect example of inconsistency.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Why does Grothe jog to kicks and then sprint once he has the ball?

All good wingers/fullbacks get to the ball as quick as possible.

Face it - the man's a lazy sh*t.

strider

Post Whore
join the bandwagon said:
ERIC GROTHE IS NO GOOD!

Nor has he ever been any good. Most overated player of all time. Hopfully the RLW poll shows that. He is leaching off Daddy's name. Stick to f**king singing mate, you are not a firstgrade footballer.
you're pretty damn f**ked yourself - but we put up with u

Bigfella

Coach
Face it - the man's a lazy sh*t.

That's one thing he categorically is NOT.

From last night:

Jarryd Hayne 123m [16]
Eric Grothe 119m [15]
Fui Fui Moi Moi 116m [16]
Aaron Cannings 103m [12]
Feleti Mateo 96m [11]
Josh Cordoba 90m [11]
Ian Hindmarsh 86m [12]
Krisnan Inu 85m [7]
Chad Robinson 81m [11]
Nathan Hindmarsh 77m [10]
Mark Riddell 53m [7]

Finch made more errors than him too, and Hayne and Inu made the same (and that does not include missed tackles of which both made more).

If Grothe is lazy how does he make more hit ups than all of our props? Obviously they do more tackling on top of that, and play less minutes, but still...

He had a shocker in concentration and with hands ... but a) none of those mistakes cost us a try and b) the perception that he is lazy is unfair.

But a few people on here like to blame him for any loss, so they'll no doubt keep doing so in future.

The Colonel

Immortal
Was disappointed not only in Grothe's efforst last night but that of Inu as well. I struggle to understand how anyone could give Inu even one point last night in the player rankings. He made one good break, scored a try and kicked well HOWEVER he was caught out on at least two ocassions that lead directly to tries. He needed to score that try to make up for the sh*thouse effort from earlier. His miss on McDougall running out of the line and letting McManus score was atrocious.

Eric had one of his legendary nights where anything that could go wrong did. He ran the ball back strongly but his ball security was downright appalling.

strider

Post Whore
yeah eric is heart attack material at times - and yeah he can be a bit slow to the ball at times ... but anyone who wants to throw sh*t at him should get of their lazy fat arses and go out there week in week out and get pounded by 3 100kg+ top level footy players over an over

fish eel

Immortal
The Colonel said:
Was disappointed not only in Grothe's efforst last night but that of Inu as well. I struggle to understand how anyone could give Inu even one point last night in the player rankings. He made one good break, scored a try and kicked well HOWEVER he was caught out on at least two ocassions that lead directly to tries. He needed to score that try to make up for the sh*thouse effort from earlier. His miss on McDougall running out of the line and letting McManus score was atrocious.

But wasn't atleast one of those when he was shifted to the wing after Burt's injury? A kid, in his first year, switched to an unfamiliar position and gets found out.

He atleast looked half dangerous with the ball in hand.

Latest posts