What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eric Grothe Is No Good!!!!!

Bazal

Post Whore
join the bandwagon said:
ERIC GROTHE IS NO GOOD!

Nor has he ever been any good. Most overated player of all time. Hopfully the RLW poll shows that. He is leaching off Daddy's name. Stick to f**king singing mate, you are not a firstgrade footballer.

I know I;m late...but are you on crack? He is the most dangerous winger in the game when in form, bar maybe Jarryd Hayne...

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
join the bandwagon said:
ERIC GROTHE IS NO GOOD!

Nor has he ever been any good. Most overated player of all time. Hopfully the RLW poll shows that. He is leaching off Daddy's name. Stick to f**king singing mate, you are not a firstgrade footballer.

You say Eric's no good and yet your an Eels supporter. Great combination. LOL.

I ain't no fan of the guy nor the Eels but he's one talented player, good running, strength, just about everything you'd want in a player esp some one who plays out wide like him.

So I think you are wrong. He's a fantastic player, one of the hallmarks of players of the modern game.

JOB 3:14

Juniors
Geez,

Eric was, along with our halves, one of our worst players last night. When he is good he is great, but the problem with him is he is also consistently bad.

Phillips

Referee
at times he his mind doesnt see to be on the job at hand.. he could be such an awesome player if he wasnt inconsistant

jk13

First Grade
maybe during home games they can play his band on the loud speaker to keep him interested, unless he's got a song called "inappropriate passing"

Fathead

Bench
IMO -
1. He is a good footballer who is prone to daydreaming and some stupid plays.
2. He is suppose to be the strongest player at the eels and should be unstoppable next to the line like Mason but you hadly ever see it.
3. If his name wasnt Grothe, he would have been punted long ago.
4. Hazem is twice the winger for less than half the price.
5. Apparently we are paying him 250K per year - which is a scandal.

Sorry - just my opinion.

Bazal

Post Whore
Funny, all these people are bitching about Guru..yet the players just voted him best winger in the game. So the guys who play against him rate him, and a few armchair critics who may or may not have ever pulled on a jersey don't. I know whose opinion means more tbh

Fathead

Bench
Bazal said:
Funny, all these people are bitching about Guru..yet the players just voted him best winger in the game. So the guys who play against him rate him, and a few armchair critics who may or may not have ever pulled on a jersey don't. I know whose opinion means more tbh

Thats fine and yes you are right - the players are the ones to know.
Im just telling you MY OPINION. for whatever its worth.

Bazal

Post Whore
Fathead said:
Thats fine and yes you are right - the players are the ones to know.
Im just telling you MY OPINION. for whatever its worth.

Sorry...that wasn't a shot at you specifically mate, more the thread in general.

parra pete

Referee
Fathead said:
IMO -
2. He is suppose to be the strongest player at the eels and should be unstoppable next to the line like Mason but you hadly ever see it.

Sorry - just my opinion.

Too true...

strider

Post Whore
Fathead said:
IMO -

Sorry - just my opinion.
hazem is on less than $125K eh? - bargain

Parra Guru

Coach
Fathead said:
IMO -

Sorry - just my opinion.

Your post had potential until you said #4

Angry_eel

First Grade
When he's awake, he's brilliant But when he's daydreaming, he's hopeless and a half.

Whatever it is, i'd rather have him play for us then against us.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Fathead said:
IMO -

Sorry - just my opinion.

1 I agree
2 he's definitely the strongest at the club.
3 you may be correct..but we'll never know.
4 I wouldn't say his twice the player, however It just confirms why Haz was chosen ahead of him in SOO 3.
5 from what I know he's no where near 250K, that's all media talk.

eels_fan_01

Bench
1. I agree. He always has that odd mistake or that stupid pass in hes game although some Eels players are that stupid that i cant even realise that he offloads half the time but they dont expect it.

2. He is the strongest in the weight room yes but Willie Mason would have 10 kilos on him wouldnt he? Hes a foward.

3. Wrong.

4. Hazem is a solid defender and good goal kicker but hes a little b*tch in attack, i think the NRL invented surrender due to him. Grothe makes more metres and has more runs than he could ever do. Hazem only wants to step and run hard when hes 10 metres out from the opposition goalline. Overrated.

5. Well im glad your CEO at our club and you know what everyones salary is.

Fathead

Bench
eelavation said:
1 I agree
2 he's definitely the strongest at the club.
3 you may be correct..but we'll never know.
4 I wouldn't say his twice the player, however It just confirms why Haz was chosen ahead of him in SOO 3.
5 from what I know he's no where near 250K, that's all media talk.

Actually Eela I was told that it was a little more than 250K ;-)

Fathead

Bench
eels_fan_01 said:
1. I agree. He always has that odd mistake or that stupid pass in hes game although some Eels players are that stupid that i cant even realise that he offloads half the time but they dont expect it.

2. He is the strongest in the weight room yes but Willie Mason would have 10 kilos on him wouldnt he? Hes a foward.

3. Wrong.

4. Hazem is a solid defender and good goal kicker but hes a little b*tch in attack, i think the NRL invented surrender due to him. Grothe makes more metres and has more runs than he could ever do. Hazem only wants to step and run hard when hes 10 metres out from the opposition goalline. Overrated.

5. Well im glad your CEO at our club and you know what everyones salary is.

Well my opinion on Hazem is shared by plenty who know what they are talking about so I dont think for 1 sec that Hazem is overrated. He could earn twice the money at another club but loves the dogs and stayed.

You are right, I dont know how much Grothe is exactly on but I do know a ballpark figure and then again you have no idea how much I do know ;-) - Lets agree to disagree.

Fathead

Bench
One thing we have to agree on is that he probably will never reach his potential. If the club is willing to pay his X amount then good on him.

When hes on - there is no better ball runner around.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Fathead said:
Well my opinion on Hazem is shared by plenty who know what they are talking about so I dont think for 1 sec that Hazem is overrated. He could earn twice the money at another club but loves the dogs and stayed.

You are right, I dont know how much Grothe is exactly on but I do know a ballpark figure and then again you have no idea how much I do know ;-) - Lets agree to disagree.

Alright. I did agree with you on your first point, Grothe can daydream and do something stupid but i think he makes up for it.

As for Hazem, i think hes a valuable player and i was happy to see him represent NSW, he did deserve it however i question how everyone would see him without hes goalkicking. As i said hes defence is solid but in attack, i think hes selfish in a way that in the 20 metre line he pushes and trys to score but in their own 20 he flops to the ground.

I just have a problem with fans assuming what pay packet a player is on but its your opinion so be it.